Badges

Akiceter

16 minutes ago, Akiceter said:

I recently just found out about Homecoming and would like to know why badges no longer unlock on all characters within the same server?

Badges have always been character-specific, not account-wide.  HC hasn't changed that.

• Thumbs Up 1

Get busy living... or get busy dying.  That's goddamn right.

34 minutes ago, Luminara said:

Badges have always been character-specific, not account-wide.  HC hasn't changed that.

Not entirely true. Some badges were account-wide, like the old Veteran Badges, VIP badges, and other 'paid for' badges which are now character-specific.

28 minutes ago, Arbegla said:

Not entirely true. Some badges were account-wide, like the old Veteran Badges, VIP badges, and other 'paid for' badges which are now character-specific.

I'm presuming that someone starting an account four years after the servers opened isn't asking about badges awarded on a temporal model that would exclude him/her.

• Thumbs Up 1

Get busy living... or get busy dying.  That's goddamn right.

Yeah. 99.?? % of CoH badges were always character specific.  With the exception of Vet badges and the Pocket D VIP badge.  (i think that was a badge?) 

Annoying too... If I could clump them up I might get that 1500+ badge lol

A few of the AE badges are account-wide, but yeah, otherwise you gotta do the legwork.  Fingerwork.  

Play my AE Adventures, listed under @Jiro Ito, including award winners:

"The Headless Huntsman of Salamanca" #43870 **Scrapbot AE Contest Winner May 2022**           

"On the Claw-Tipped Wings of Betrayal" #43524 **November 2021 Dev's Choice**  

"The Defenders of Talos" #44578 **Mission Architect Competition Winner for October 2021: REBIRTH**  

2 hours ago, Akiceter said:

I recently just found out about Homecoming and would like to know why badges no longer unlock on all characters within the same server?

The overwhelming majority of badges NEVER behaved that way, so very little has changed.

Originally on Infinity.  I have Ironblade on every shard.  -  My only AE arc:  The Origin of Mark IV  (ID 48002)

Link to the story of Toggle Man, since I keep having to track down my original post.

6 hours ago, Akiceter said:

5 hours ago, Arbegla said:

So, nothing is paid for now, so the "prizes" have been reallocated and the badges repurposed.

There was the (old) "VIP Access" (even before the game went "freemium") that gave access to the Tiki Lounge in Pocket D. Since that's open to everyone, you get that badge after spending an hour in Pocket D.

The veteran badges were awarded while paying for a subscription (or having done so) to unlock certain things... which, again, there's no subscription, and most of anything that could have been unlocked is now at the P2W vendor, or already part of the costumes, or which ever they awarded. I mean, you can refer to this:

https://archive.paragonwiki.com/wiki/Veteran_Rewards_Program

and going through the items listed as being rewards? They're *all* either:

- Available in P2W (blackwand, temporary pets, etc.)

- Available costume items by default (trenchcoat, wings, etc.)

- Available in the base editor,

- irrelevant (another character slot... but we have 1000 per server per account)

- or otherwise available (respecs, for instance - you get every 10 levels, or can buy, on top of earned ones through trials.)

The badges themselves have been repurposed - most of them for names of badges you get every 3 Veteran levels.

Of those, the ones not tied to a VL are:
Trustworthy - now an exploration badge for visiting the artifacts behind Azuria in Atlas
Battle Hardened - epxloration badge in Cimerora
Tried and True - Exploration badge in Omega Team Memorial, Atlas Park (city rep and dr khan.)
City Traveler - Exploration badge, monorail, atlas park (Edit: echo:atlas park.)
Loyal Customer - Badge on completing Market Crash.

Edited by Greycat
  • Thanks 2

Primarily on Everlasting. Squid afficionado. Former creator of Copypastas. General smartalec.

I tried to combine Circle and DE, but all I got were garden variety evil mages.