Sovereign?

Techwright

I had a returning member of my SG ask me the other night why "that guy" was constantly kneeling in Orobouros.  He was talking about Sovereign, of course.  I've actually never heard the reason.  I assume it is some kind of recruiting tactic, but maybe he's place saving his memorial spot? 😉

• Thumbs Up 1

From what I understand he has his toon parked there handing SG invites to people that pass through Ouro. I can't confirm it myself, I have my own SG for my alts.

Mainly on Excelsior. Find me in game @Spaghetti Betty.

AE Arcs:  Big Magic Blowout! 41612 | The Meta-Human Wrestling Association 44683 | MHWA Part 2 48577

Click to look at my pets!

• 3 months later

Our Leader. Like a silent sentinel Kneels in oro. Ever watchful, a galactic guardian he remains an enigma. Ever humble and champion of justice he serves as a example to all. 

I can offer only this. Taken from his bio. I hope this helps those who were wondering.

Description:  Sovereign, a preeminent supergroup in City of Heroes, is renowned for its remarkable achievements and its dedication to nurturing a welcoming and inclusive community. The group is helmed by skilled players who exhibit exceptional leadership, effectively directing their team towards the successful completion of even the most arduous missions. Sovereign's members are renowned for their exceptional skills, demonstrated by their proficiency in vanquishing formidable villains and surmounting intricate challenges. With an imposing presence in the game's community, they remain actively involved in orchestrating a variety of events and activities, fostering a genial and hospitable environment.screenshot_231124-23-07-22.thumb.jpg.80f70cb7146e0f8e6208f53624ecf652.jpg

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

On 7/25/2023 at 1:17 PM, Spaghetti Betty said:

From what I understand he has his toon parked there handing SG invites to people that pass through Ouro. I can't confirm it myself, I have my own SG for my alts.

Yeah, they've offered me SG membership before, but being an infrequent player at weird hours and tending to jump toon, I declined.  That was before I finally gave in and made my own SG.

• Like 1

╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

Clave's Sure-Fire Secrets to Enjoying City Of Heroes
Ignore those farming chores, skip your market homework, play any power sets that you want, and ignore anyone who says otherwise.
This game isn't hard work, it's easy!
Go have fun!
╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝

• 1 month later

Not true! he is assessing your worthiness.  Never has there ever been a fairer and more just champion of justice! Just remember he is watching from another worldly realm! The mind and motivations of this cosmic sentinel goes above and beyond contemporary thought and goes in to the strange and exciting realm of that which once was, and that which maybe.... 

Take heart in that!

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

• 4 weeks later
On 11/24/2023 at 11:09 PM, Enchantica said:

Description:  Sovereign, a preeminent supergroup in City of Heroes, is renowned for its remarkable achievements and its dedication to nurturing a welcoming and inclusive community. The group is helmed by skilled players who exhibit exceptional leadership, effectively directing their team towards the successful completion of even the most arduous missions. Sovereign's members are renowned for their exceptional skills, demonstrated by their proficiency in vanquishing formidable villains and surmounting intricate challenges. With an imposing presence in the game's community, they remain actively involved in orchestrating a variety of events and activities, fostering a genial and hospitable environment.

I respect the player's command of polysyllabic terminology. I can't remember if they ever invited one of my characters or not. I get random SG invites a lot. I have turned every single one of them down except one - and that one took about 6 weeks of me weighing the pros and cons, and actually teaming with the SG. Some days, I regret being a member, because the more members you have, the greater the chance of drama. Other days, I have a fun time, with a lot of laughter and bad jokes. 

But, like anything, I'm sure people will get out of the SG experience what they put into it. 

4 hours ago, Perfidy said:

I respect the player's command of polysyllabic terminology. I can't remember if they ever invited one of my characters or not. I get random SG invites a lot. I have turned every single one of them down except one - and that one took about 6 weeks of me weighing the pros and cons, and actually teaming with the SG. Some days, I regret being a member, because the more members you have, the greater the chance of drama. Other days, I have a fun time, with a lot of laughter and bad jokes. 

But, like anything, I'm sure people will get out of the SG experience what they put into it. 

Ummm ok lol

• 2 weeks later
On 2/18/2024 at 2:45 PM, Perfidy said:

I get this to there are way to many bad sgs out there sorry it seems the bigger ones cannot handle different opinions of people either and you end up with a bunch of officers trying to show off how much power they have. many claim they are relaxing or casual when they are not.

• Thumbs Up 1

47 minutes ago, StarseedWarrior said:

I get this to there are way to many bad sgs out there sorry it seems the bigger ones cannot handle different opinions of people either and you end up with a bunch of officers trying to show off how much power they have. many claim they are relaxing or casual when they are not.

Yeah, that's not Sovereign though. cheers

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

5 hours ago, StarseedWarrior said:

Very odd to respond when I said nothing about whatever that sg is nor respond to you.

Well, a quick stab at a guess, but I'm guessing since the thread is about Sovereign, they felt they could mention that they're not.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

51 minutes ago, lemming said:

Well, a quick stab at a guess, but I'm guessing since the thread is about Sovereign, they felt they could mention that they're not.

I honestly forgot about the title at that point I do not spend all my time in the forums, anyways thanks for pointing it out.

• Sad 1

7 hours ago, lemming said:

12 hours ago, StarseedWarrior said:

Very odd to respond when I said nothing about whatever that sg is nor respond to you.

Thanks for that. You understood , what seemed obvious. 

Edited by Enchantica
a had typed "tha" for some reason

lol yep. well I had a few drinks! it's all in good fun! I hope you are on the excelsior server. You should try our sg. One of the largest and BEST on coh.  It's a content driven sg.  they are laid back yet driven. Full disclosure I am only an officer in the sg.  Our leader is very active yet exists on another plane.  Our leader is a great person who has made something amazing!

In my opinion we have made and sg that is as casual or as hardcore as you want!  I , for myself am "just a play for fun" person.  anyway I wish you the best and as always .... Cheers!