Adding a 2nd Detail 1 And a 2nd Detail 2 Section (Costumes)

Mallador

I was just wondering if it was possible if we could have two Detail 1 and two Detail 2 sections to work with when making costumes.  For example, with two Detail 1 sections, you'd be able to use both horns and glasses/goggles/eyewear together.  With two Detail 2 sections, you'd be able to wear both a collar and a cigar, and so forth.  I just find that this would be an easy* way to add more creativity into the player's hands.

*Easy as in, it's a simple way to give players more freedom, but maybe it'd be hard to implement.

Edited by Mallador
Grammar
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

I  *want* to say I remember something about having limited points on the figures to do anything with (and/or breaking costumes,) but memory is hazy.

Primarily on Everlasting. Squid afficionado. Former creator of Copypastas. General smartalec.

I tried to combine Circle and DE, but all I got were garden variety evil mages.

On 8/10/2023 at 2:12 AM, Greycat said:

I  *want* to say I remember something about having limited points on the figures to do anything with (and/or breaking costumes,) but memory is hazy.

One of the other 'unofficial' servers has managed to add a few extra attachment points, but they can be glitchy. I suspect doing it WELL would involve completely rebuilding the skeleton and animation systems.

On 8/10/2023 at 2:12 AM, Greycat said:

Yeah, I vaguely recall (back on live?) something about how they were limited by the basic design of the characters, so unless they rewrite the graphics engine, then it'll have to be kinda limited.

OG Server: Pinnacle  <||>  Current Primary Server: Torchbearer  ||  Also found on the others if desired  <||> Generally Inactive

Installing CoX:  Windows  ||  MacOS  ||  MacOS for M1  <||>  Migrating Data from an Older Installation

Clubs: Mid's Hero Designer  ||  PC Builders  ||  HC Wiki  ||  Jerk Hackers

Old Forums  <||>  Titan Network  <||>  Heroica! (by @Shenanigunner)

I think a lot of these options could be improved with minimal effort by making more of the choices available in different detail slots. While it creates the possibility of redundant choices... say for instance if you have horns in detail 1 & 2, you might use the same one and get nothing added, at would also allow for two different sets of horns at the same time. There's a lot of others where there's 2 detail 1 choices that are mutually exclusive but would work together quite well, like horns/goggles, goggles/headset, and so on. It'd be lovely if we had detail options on Monstrous heads as well, and more details on Full Helmets.

Ultimately, I would love if someone had the skill/time to rebuild much of the system. It'd be nice for instance, to vary what hair you have under a hat or helmet. CO does this neat thing where you can mix & match 2 hairstyles to create a custom one. I think the half helmet setup with Detail 1&2, and Helmet Detail 1&2, shows that we have enough attachment points for a better set of options without rebuilding the skeleton. But there's probably a lot of work that would have to go into building a new head set to exploit it.

I'm very old and my memory is quite hazy but i vaguely seem to recall that certain options are not available together in the costume creator to make it slightly more difficult to achieve copyright costumes. I'm not certain if the OPs request falls into this category but the Devs do read this thread and it never hurts to ask.

Its easy to criticize a suggestion but can you suggest an alternative?