purple recipes drop?

Marathon Man

Hi, haven't played for a while and couple of nights ago I joined a TINPEX run, not only didn't I get any purple recipe unless what I expected, but also didn't get ANY recipe at all... maybe I should've purchased something from the P2W, or activate some weird new option I missed?

12 hours ago, SeraphimKensai said:

Market Crash on a new character does.

To expand upon this, it's running Market Crash for the first time on a character that gives the purple drop - that character could technically be quite old, but if it's their first time running market Crash, you'll get the purple drop.  Lastly, I highly recommend waiting until you are level 50, or very nearly so, if you want a higher-level recipe.

• Like 1

What I meant, and probably didn't explain properly, is I haven't received any purple recipe after playing several high level tfs and endgame content this week, therefore my question about purple recipes NOT dropping given I hadn't logged in for quite some time.

3 minutes ago, Marathon Man said:

What I meant, and probably didn't explain properly, is I haven't received any purple recipe after playing several high level tfs and endgame content this week, therefore my question about purple recipes NOT dropping given I hadn't logged in for quite some time.

There's no code, no table adjustments, nothing at all in the game that alters drop rates based on time played/not played.  There's also nothing that guarantees a purple drop, except the aforementioned Market Crash.  Random drops are random.

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

Get busy living... or get busy dying.  That's goddamn right.

1 hour ago, Luminara said:

There's no code, no table adjustments, nothing at all in the game that alters drop rates based on time played/not played.  There's also nothing that guarantees a purple drop, except the aforementioned Market Crash.  Random drops are random.

Not contradicting, just adding some info

Chronologist and Survivalist Dayjobs give a recipe bonus on mission completion, but it's random what rarity.  (And that builds up when not played)

Windfall, a temp power gives an increased rate of all drops: https://homecoming.wiki/wiki/Windfall

However, it's solely up to the RNG is your drop is going to be a purple recipe or not.   I've had streaks of non-purple drops and other odd events that I'm sure if you sample across every drop from everyone, comes up to a standard percentage.   I also had two purple recipes drop on a character in one mission (not MC)

• Thumbs Up 1

Like others have said, it is random. There have been times where I've gotten as many as three purples in a single play session, and others when I've not gotten a single purple for several weeks in a row.

• 1 month later
  • Game Master

As others have said, you are in the lap of the RNG gods. I've gone weeks with no purples then had three drop in one session. There is a table somewhere with drop rates and it's based on enemy rank and level. More enemies mean more chances on the table divided by number of players in the party. 

• Thumbs Up 1

One further note, Influence and Reward Merits are the "bad luck protection" mechanics. If you don't get the drop you want you can buy it on the AH using Influence. If it's not available on the AH or costs more than 18 or 20 million, you can buy it from the Merit Vendor using Reward Merits.

• Thumbs Up 2