Atlas Map Overlay

Razor Cure

That happened to me also. I Deleted the old Map Overlays and DLd the City Mod Installer and uploaded the new Videotmaps. All was fixed. At some point they went to a new Map Overlay. The stopped using the Maps, V_Maps and P_Maps. Do it the new way and you wont have any problems.

Being constantly offended doesn't mean you're right, it just means you're too narcissistic to tolerate opinions different than your own.

With Great Power Comes Great Responsibility.

Let's Go Crack a Planet.

21 hours ago, Razor Cure said:

Maybe not a bug, as it is possibly related to Halloween..

The events that have particular changes to the zone — like the treat pavilions east and west of the Atlas platform, and the vendor south of the road — are handled by actually swapping out the zone map for another one with the event customization built in, but these event maps have different names than the standard maps. Older versions of Vidiotmaps had the labeled map replacements only for the standard maps, not the custom event maps, so when the map textures changed, there was no corresponding Vidiotmaps replacement. All it takes to fix is copying the stock Vidiotmap texture to the name of the event texture, but it wasn't done with the old version; you'll have to get the newest one.

Example (not actual file names): if the standard zone definition file is 'AP_std.zone', and the Halloween event file is 'AP_fall.zone', the map textures would be 'AP_std_map.tex' and 'AP_fall_map.tex'; the original Vidiotmaps would have a replacement for 'AP_std_map.tex' but not for 'AP_fall_map.tex', so when the event was rolled out, the client would use the internal AP map image, not the Vidiotmaps one, because there was no file with the right name.

Edited by srmalloy

On 10/21/2023 at 8:41 PM, Razor Cure said:

Any ideas?

As has been alluded to above, you need to update your vidiotmaps. The new texture names were rolled out around this time last year and vidiotmaps was updated accordingly shortly thereafter.

19 hours ago, TheZag said:

It will 'fix itself' when the halloween event ends and then break again when winter atlas park arrives if you dont update.

Unless something has changed with the Atlas Park map textures, the AP map won't return to 'normal' until after the winter event. AP is currently using the 'Halloween' map variant, and will change to the 'Fall' map variant once the Halloween event is over. The map will then change to the 'Winter' variant during the winter event. It will revert back to the 'normal' variant after the winter event and won't change again until next year's Halloween event.

Also, there is currently no visible difference between the four AP map variants. I think the plan is to create different map textures to reflect the seasonal changes to the zone, but as far as I know those texture changes have not been implemented yet.

36 minutes ago, AboveTheChemist said:

Also, there is currently no visible difference between the four AP map variants. I think the plan is to create different map textures to reflect the seasonal changes to the zone,

The minimal fix is to copy the standard AP map texture to the filenames the client associates with the event zone configuration. A more thorough fix is to add the event-specific changes, like adding the Halloween vendor south of Ms. Liberty and the nearby 'terrain' for the current event, along with the cosmetic candy cauldron pavilions, and similarly for the candy cane vendor in the winter event map, but both of those take artwork changes, and are more work, so the people putting in the time to update the maps for the rest of us will need to take the time to do it right.

6 hours ago, srmalloy said:

The minimal fix is to copy the standard AP map texture to the filenames the client associates with the event zone configuration.

Yep, as far as I know that is what has been done to date. I can't remember which HC team member I spoke with, but during that conversation (which was around this time last year) my impression was that they did eventually plan to make 3 new variants for the Halloween, fall, and winter maps, to reflect the zone changes you mentioned.

I just downloaded the updated Maps..and it is still broken (only for AP). I got them via the CityModder program and the adding the new Vidiotmaps from there. Then I removed the

old versions as per your Vidiot Map thread

shown below..and that removed the overlay in every zone? So now I am even more confused, Haha

Old versions of vidiotmaps were installed to the following folders:

<CoH Root Folder>\data\texture_library\MAPS
<CoH Root Folder>\data\texture_library\P_MAPS
<CoH Root Folder>\data\texture_library\V_MAPS

10 hours ago, Razor Cure said:

I just downloaded the updated Maps..and it is still broken (only for AP). I got them via the CityModder program and the adding the new Vidiotmaps from there. Then I removed the

old versions as per your Vidiot Map thread

shown below..and that removed the overlay in every zone? So now I am even more confused, Haha

Old versions of vidiotmaps were installed to the following folders:

<CoH Root Folder>\data\texture_library\MAPS
<CoH Root Folder>\data\texture_library\P_MAPS
<CoH Root Folder>\data\texture_library\V_MAPS

I removed P_Maps and V_Maps folders first. Then DLd the city mod installer and then DLd Vidiotmaps through the city mod installer. Once the old maps are removed and the new map’s installed it should work. 

Being constantly offended doesn't mean you're right, it just means you're too narcissistic to tolerate opinions different than your own.

With Great Power Comes Great Responsibility.

Let's Go Crack a Planet.

• 2 weeks later
On 10/28/2023 at 1:16 AM, Razor Cure said:

So now I am even more confused, Haha

Do you have more than one CoH install? This has the classic hallmarks of having multiple CoH installs and installing vidiotmaps to the wrong one. Either that, or perhaps you forgot to set the assetpath flag as part of the City Mod Installer process.