Orienting the secret door

Heraclea

Is it possible to control the direction you face coming through the secret door?  Tried rotating it; does not seem to have an effect.

QVÆ TAM FERA IMMANISQVE NATVRA

TB ~ Amazon Army: AMAZON-963 | TB ~ Crowned Heads: CH-10012 | EX ~ The Holy Office: HOLY-1610 | EV ~ Firemullet Groupies: FM-5401 | IN ~ Sparta: SPARTA-3759 | RE ~ S.P.Q.R. - SPQR-5010

Spread My Legions - #207 | Lawyers of Ghastly Horror - #581 | Jerk Hackers! - #16299 | Ecloga Prima - #25362 | Deth Kick Champions! - #25818 | Heaven and Hell - #26231 | The Legion of Super Skulls - #27660 | Cathedral of Mild Discomfort - #38872 | The Birch Conspiracy! - #39291

There was some discussion of this earlier... 

Some folks noted that they always seem to come out of the entrance facing south.

Supposedly it's random, but I noticed that even coming out of the portal in zones, I come out facing the same way (though I've not noted the direction).  It seems to me that there is some kind of directionality attached to the portal, otherwise I'd be getting stuck when using the portal to RWZ, as that one is nested very close against a wall.

I did take a look at the hidden markers on the entrance portal, but couldn't make heads or tails of most of it, lol.

Ok, so I did a thing (not intending to test this, but did) and figured it out. So there is a definite south facing. The ONLY way to change the apparent direction you will exit is to rotate the plot. Yeah, that's what I said, the actual plot. So if you have already built the base, then short of some sort of new fix, then you'll basically have to deal with it or risk some major editing (depending on how you started things off).

OG Server: Pinnacle  <||>  Current Primary Server: Torchbearer  ||  Also found on the others if desired

Installing CoX:  Windows  ||  MacOS  ||  MacOS for M1  <||>  Migrating Data from an Older Installation

Clubs: Mid's Hero Designer  ||  PC Builders  ||  HC Wiki  ||  Jerk Hackers

Old Forums  <||>  Titan Network  <||>  Heroica! (by @Shenanigunner)

Also, be careful just how close the portal is to a wall or you'll spawn outside the room and can't get out unless you log or enter the editor.

OG Server: Pinnacle  <||>  Current Primary Server: Torchbearer  ||  Also found on the others if desired

Installing CoX:  Windows  ||  MacOS  ||  MacOS for M1  <||>  Migrating Data from an Older Installation

Clubs: Mid's Hero Designer  ||  PC Builders  ||  HC Wiki  ||  Jerk Hackers

Old Forums  <||>  Titan Network  <||>  Heroica! (by @Shenanigunner)

I usually end up building bases with an east-west chief axis; the default seems to encourage that.  I di have the main one that concerns me set up so that the north/south line you enter at also faces a dramatic collonade ending with a statue in the distance, which is the effect I was aiming at.  I do think it's probably easiest to make your entrances small and unassuming, so that you can more easily control what the person sees when they leave them. 

One other odd thing: you can move the entrance to an entirely different room.  But the room where it was originally located will apparently remain the room that triggers the base editor. 

QVÆ TAM FERA IMMANISQVE NATVRA

TB ~ Amazon Army: AMAZON-963 | TB ~ Crowned Heads: CH-10012 | EX ~ The Holy Office: HOLY-1610 | EV ~ Firemullet Groupies: FM-5401 | IN ~ Sparta: SPARTA-3759 | RE ~ S.P.Q.R. - SPQR-5010

Spread My Legions - #207 | Lawyers of Ghastly Horror - #581 | Jerk Hackers! - #16299 | Ecloga Prima - #25362 | Deth Kick Champions! - #25818 | Heaven and Hell - #26231 | The Legion of Super Skulls - #27660 | Cathedral of Mild Discomfort - #38872 | The Birch Conspiracy! - #39291

One other odd thing: you can move the entrance to an entirely different room.  But the room where it was originally located will apparently remain the room that triggers the base editor. 

Precisely why that room cannot be deleted.

Even though you can access the base editor with the command /editbase 1, the entrance room seems to actually hold the code for it.