Pay attention to me,
I don't talk for my health
I want you on my team

-- So does everybody else --

Shh, baby,
we can keep it on the low
Let your guard down, ain't nobody gotta know

I  want  you  on  my  team

Sooo, opinions on top general support characters? While leveling, end game, etc.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

"Homecoming is not perfect but it is still better than the alternative.. at least so far" - Unknown  (Wise words Unknown!)

Si vis pacem, para bellum

Probably yeah, for most people.  I get super tired of bouncing off walls in caves, and I find a Kin deathly dull to play, but having one around is always ha ha a boost.

• Haha 1

╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

Clave's Sure-Fire Secrets to Enjoying City Of Heroes
Ignore those farming chores, skip your market homework, play any power sets that you want, and ignore anyone who says otherwise.
This game isn't hard work, it's easy!
Go have fun!
╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝

1 hour ago, Tobogon said:

Has it though? ... I mean.... has it?

Play styles vary

I can fix it for them though.

12 hours ago, Glacier Peak said:

Cold Domination has been one of the best support set since City of Villains released, IMO (in my opinion)

See fixed. 😜

"Homecoming is not perfect but it is still better than the alternative.. at least so far" - Unknown  (Wise words Unknown!)

Si vis pacem, para bellum

On 11/11/2023 at 11:53 PM, Glacier Peak said:

Cold Domination has been the best support set since City of Villains released. 

For the people who do the harder challenges in the game, I know EA is up their as well. I was on a 3-person team, and we were doing +4/x8. I wasn't even 50. Maybe in the 30s. One person switched to an EA build and the other player mentioned someone understood the assignment. I didn't start dying until my brain started to tap out.

I will say while Emp feels like a meme at this point, I got on a 4-person team where the Emp was vet level 999, and we did things I didn't even think was possible. I think we ran +4/x8, and I and other player joked about our lack of slotting. 

Edited by Without_Pause
  • Like 2

Top 10 Most Fun 50s.

1. Without Mercy: Claws/ea Scrapper. 2. Outsmart: Fort 3. Sneakers: Stj/ea Stalker. 4. Waterpark: Water/temp Blaster. 5. Project Next: Ice/stone Brute. 6. Mighty Matt: Rad/bio Brute. 7. Without Pause: Claws/wp Brute. 8. Emma Strange: Ill/dark. 9. Nothing But Flowers: Plant/storm Controller. 10. Obsidian Smoke: Fire/dark Corr. 

"Downtime is for mortals."

2 hours ago, Without_Pause said:

For the people who do the harder challenges in the game, I know EA is up their as well. I was on a 3-person team, and we were doing +4/x8. I wasn't even 50. Maybe in the 30s. One person switched to an EA and build and the other player mentioned someone understood the assignment. I didn't start dying until my brain started to tap out.

I will say while Emp feels like a meme at this point, I got on a 4-person team where the Emp was vet level 999, and we did things I didn't even think was possible. I think we ran +4/x8, and I and other player joked about our lack of slotting. 

Yeah, it is an interesting evolution - originally Cold Domination was helpful back during the original Statesman Strike Force. The -regen from Benumb coupled with the -res and -def, slows and -rech, and then giving the Brute more +Max HP from Frostworks and some additional +def from the shields. Then a player could floor an enemy's endurance recovery with Heat Loss. It has been the total package, both solo and in teams running any content since CoV launch.

I enjoy Empathy in PvP settings because its a race to reverse the damage received on spike calls. Whoever follows up the fastest either with a full bar heal (Absorb Pain) or a clean spike usually gets the win.