Random clips you didn't know you needed

TheOtherTed

• 1 month later

If you’re not familiar with Letters Live, this is a host of actors, singers and others showing up to read (in)famous and/or inspirational letters for charity, some from famous folks, some ordinary.

The one that noted Sherlock and MCU actor Peppermint Doubleclutch reads above has attained near-legendary status in my beloved Canada, and involves an awful lot of pepperoni. 

Sticking with the sausage theme, the fabulous Olivia Colman provides a stock response for the DMs I get on Insta. 
⚠️WARNING: Mild Swears, But In A Cut Glass British Accent So It’s Still Classy⚠️

WAKE UP YA MISCREANTS AND... HEY, GET YOUR OWN DAMN SIGNATURE.

Look out for me being generally cool, stylish and funny (delete as applicable) on Excelsior.

Bad Ad-Hoc Hypothesis Festival

... there are a lot of these, here are two ...

Infant Aerodynamics as Evolutionary Adaptation

Regression Toward Cardiovascular Mean in Felis Catus via Sporadic Locomotion

Edited by InvaderStych
line spacing

You see a mousetrap? I see free cheese and a f$%^ing challenge.

• 4 weeks later

Ever heard of Sheb Wooley? You may not have heard the name, but you've definitely heard him.

Aside from being the vocalist on novelty track Purple People Eater, he's the most-credited uncredited V/O artist in history...

Spoiler

Yep, the legendary yodel heard around the world was for a fairly cheap Western called Distant Drums. So cheap, in fact, that the same FX was used three times in that flick - starting as it meant to go on. It was re-used in a whole mess of WB flicks, but is best-known for when Ben Burtt borrowed it for Star Wars, just because it made him and his editor laugh.

He then threw it into every other SW and Indy movie. And Ben performed it himself as Colonel Dyer (geddit?), an Imp officer that Han throws off a balcony in RotJ. See? There were meta-in-jokes before you perishing Tik-Tokky kids got hold of culture...

I'm not sure folks outside the UK will be able to see this, but it made me laugh.

If access to iPlayer is allowed where you are, the whole story's over heeeeeaaaarrgghh....

https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/p07p5l6y/inside-cinema-shorts-12-the-wilhelm-scream

Edited by ThaOGDreamWeaver
  • Like 1

WAKE UP YA MISCREANTS AND... HEY, GET YOUR OWN DAMN SIGNATURE.

Look out for me being generally cool, stylish and funny (delete as applicable) on Excelsior.

• 4 weeks later
  • 2 weeks later
  • 1 month later

After watching a (supposedly) professional science video where the topic of discussion, the star Betelgeuse, was repeatedly pronounced similar to "Bagel Goose", I decided to consult "professional" pronunciation videos to see if my 8th grade science teacher was more accurate in pronouncing it "Beetle Juice".

I'm so glad I did.  I'd never have figured out the "correct" pronunciation. 😏