The Calendar and Events feature on the website has been disabled ×

Incarnate Interface - What is a damaging attack?

Mir2

The Interface Slot Abilities grant a chance of effect to most of your damaging attacks.

What is a damaging attack? (I'm specifically considering my Ill/Kin Troller when I ask most questions)

1. Is Phantasm a damaging attack?
  2. Is Phantom Army a damaging attack?
  3. Is Spectral Terror with "Glimpse of the Abyss - Chance for Damage" a damaging attack when it procs?
  4. Is Fulcrum Shift? (It does no damage, but requires a "to hit"; never sure what other people intend when they write things)

Thanks

As it's worded, I'd have to answer:

1. No, it's a pet.

2. Is also a pet.

3. No, the proc isn't the power damaging, it's the set doing a chance for damage.

4. No, or at least it shouldn't be. As you mention, it does no damage - never mentions anything about to hit.

Those are, of course, how I'm reading it. Though you can always check on the test server, it should show up in the combat logs.

For an ill/kin, I'd think you'd mostly have it triggering on Spectral Wounds and the hold, plus whatever pool attacks you might have. Again, going by that wording.

Edited by Greycat

Primarily on Everlasting. Squid afficionado. Former creator of Copypastas. General smartalec.

I tried to combine Circle and DE, but all I got were garden variety evil mages.

31 minutes ago, Psyonico said:

I'm actually fairly certain interface does proc on pet attacks.  I'll jump on one of my illusion controllers in a bit and test it out.

I saw someone mention it working on MM Thug powers, but I’ve always felt MM pets (even Gang War) to be more like attack powers than pets. 

14 minutes ago, Luminara said:

Yes, yes, no, no.  The conditional refers to powers which natively deal damage with no enhancements slotted.  That includes pets, pseudo-pets and henches.

8 minutes ago, Psyonico said:

ok, just confirmed, on both Phantom Army and Phantasm, interface will in fact proc.

Thank you both. Makes sense. 

28 minutes ago, Luminara said:

Yes, yes, no, no.  The conditional refers to powers which natively deal damage with no enhancements slotted.  That includes pets, pseudo-pets and henches.

Thanks for the info.  I would have assumed pets were a no.  Pseudo pets are odd but would almost have to be coded for because of Ice and such.  Otherwise Ice Blasters would be even more F-ed than they were to begin with

1 hour ago, Mir2 said:

I saw someone mention it working on MM Thug powers, but I’ve always felt MM pets (even Gang War) to be more like attack powers than pets. 

Are you saying that because you feel that way you should get the benefit as if it were?

I went to Ouroboros all i got was this lousy secret!

COH bomp bomp: 

7 hours ago, wjrasmussen said:

Are you saying that because you feel that way you should get the benefit as if it were?

No.  Just pointing out some possible interaction.   Trying to figure out how things work. Nothing more. 

On 11/25/2023 at 7:49 PM, Snarky said:

Thanks for the info.  I would have assumed pets were a no.  Pseudo pets are odd but would almost have to be coded for because of Ice and such.  Otherwise Ice Blasters would be even more F-ed than they were to begin with

I'd have untuited the same, but then again, if you play a pet heavy character and don't get a benefit from that, then it's a bit gimped. So in-depth analysis suggests pets should be part of its conditional trigger as indeed they seem to be. Otherwise you'd reduced by 5 attacks on your primary as an MM

• Like 1

Those who study history are destined to stand around helplessly watching those who haven't repeat the mistakes of the past

22 minutes ago, Scarlet Shocker said:

I'd have untuited the same, but then again, if you play a pet heavy character and don't get a benefit from that, then it's a bit gimped. So in-depth analysis suggests pets should be part of its conditional trigger as indeed they seem to be. Otherwise you'd reduced by 5 attacks on your primary as an MM

People play MMs?   😳

I'm actually surprised by how many didn't seem to know pet attacks benefited.  Don't really even need to dig into combat logs as the most common interface choices have pretty obvious graphic effects on enemies when they trigger.   But I guess you have to actually play a pet class (and probably solo at that), to notice and know for sure it is the pet doing it.