NCSOFT & Homecoming License Announcement

This is an historic day.  There should be a badge or something. 🙂

Congratulations to the Homecoming team!  May NCSoft be forever lenient to the City's denizens. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, PeregrineFalcon said:

Congratulations!

Wow, 2024 is off to a great start. Since you're adding more members to the Council of Thirteen what do I call you now? The Council of Seventeen? The Council of Nineteen?

The City Council just doesn't sound conspiratorial enough for me.  😁

The Council of "We Ain't Sayin' But Definitely More Than Two".

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

• City Council
26 minutes ago, PeregrineFalcon said:

Congratulations!

Wow, 2024 is off to a great start. Since you're adding more members to the Council of Thirteen what do I call you now? The Council of Seventeen? The Council of Nineteen?

The City Council just doesn't sound conspiratorial enough for me.  😁

Circle of Twelve has a nice ring to it, I guess.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 2
"We need Widower. He's a drop of sanity in a bowl of chaos - very important." - Cipher

Are you also a drop of sanity in a bowl of chaos? Consider applying to be a Game Master!

Great news!! Thanks to all of you for your hard work and dedication getting the license for the IP. I never thought it would happen, but I'm glad it has.

Hopefully now there can be some advertising and maybe a client hosted on Steam! That would help bring in some new players.

WOOT!!!

2 minutes ago, Hardship said:

Great news!! Thanks to all of you for your hard work and dedication getting the license for the IP. I never thought it would happen, but I'm glad it has.

Hopefully now there can be some advertising and maybe a client hosted on Steam! That would help bring in some new players.

WOOT!!!

yeah FTP on steam would keep the game busy.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, MattBold said:

This is an industry first right?  Has any company EVER granted an official license to a rogue private server community?

Project 1999 for EverQuest began as such a project and later became apart of Official EverQuest paving the way for the Time Locked Expansion Servers that Daybreak runs today.

However, this might be the very first time this has  happened for a game that is been shut down for a substantial amount of time.

• Like 1

Honestly had given up on this being a possibility. Great work and many thanks to all involved in making it happen.

• Thumbs Up 2

CONGRATULATIONS!!!! THIS IS EPIC!!!!

Thank you sooooo much for working so hard to make this game a thing of beauty for this next generation of superhero fans.

Best Super Hero Game Ever!

And it was because of you.

Thank You!!!!!

I know callout posts are discouraged, but in this case I think it's called for.

I'm calling out me, darkgob, for assuming that these efforts were effectively vaporware and would never yield any fruit.  I was wrong!  Thanks for fighting this fight and sticking with it for so long!

• Like 3
  • Thumbs Up 2
  • Pizza (Pepperoni) 1
  • Pizza (Pineapple) 1

With the long period of silence on the matter, I'd assumed these discussions had stalled out, and Homecoming was just going to sit in its weird state of legal limbo forever. This is astounding and amazing news. Major congrats on re-aliving this game!

As someone who was on Victory as the servers shut down, I am crying right now. I may not play as much as I used to, but to know that my second home has a home is wonderful news! I am so glad I can come back when I want and play.

Congratulations!!!

Edited by Chuckers
missed a word
  • Like 3
  • Thumbs Up 1

I am very glad to hear this news and I am so thankful to the HC team for all their work. I am proud of this community, the finest online gaming community I've ever experienced going all the way back to 2004.

The value of the labour put in by volunteers cannot be overstated and neither can my gratitude.

• Like 1

-The Legendary Living Hellfire

"The newest person in the room is always the most important person in the room"