NCSOFT & Homecoming License Announcement

15 hours ago, Voltor said:

"With NCSoft finally acknowledging their past franchise, perhaps now, more than ever, it’s time for City of Heroes to return, not only as an MMORPG but as an ambitious IP that planned to expand into movies and television."

I mean, I love City of Heroes a lot, but lololololololol...no.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

Reunion player, ex-Defiant.

AE SFMA: Zombie Ninja Pirates! (#18051)

Regeneratio delenda est!

36 minutes ago, Grouchybeast said:

"With NCSoft finally acknowledging their past franchise, perhaps now, more than ever, it’s time for City of Heroes to return, not only as an MMORPG but as an ambitious IP that planned to expand into movies and television."

Come on!  You KNOW you want the Sister Psyche reading a pervy van's mind and grossing out on film!

• Haha 1

If you want to be godlike, pick anything.

If you want to be GOD, pick a TANK!

On 1/4/2024 at 10:39 AM, Thornscale said:

Congratulations! 🎉
This is so exciting that it's honestly a bit dizzying!

Every time I hear a variant of this term, I'm immediately drawn to this:

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later
On 1/27/2024 at 1:37 PM, Hyperstrike said:

Come on!  You KNOW you want the Sister Psyche reading a pervy van's mind and grossing out on film!

Unlikely unless....

Spoiler

...Sister Psyche's death is ignored, reversed, retconned, or she comes back as a ghost, like Numina, War Witch, and Ghost Widow.

Hey, if Sister Psyche goes all spectral, the four of them could get together to play cards, complain about the living, share dead hacks, reminisce about the past, all sorts of activities! 😺

Edited by Jacke
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 1/27/2024 at 7:59 AM, Grouchybeast said:

Oh what could’ve been. If COH had reached the heights of popularity that WOW did, who knows what might’ve happened.  I used to really want to see some more COH related media, I enjoyed the comic books growing up.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later
On 2/9/2024 at 12:14 AM, Azari said:

Oh what could’ve been. If COH had reached the heights of popularity that WOW did, who knows what might’ve happened.  I used to really want to see some more COH related media, I enjoyed the comic books growing up.

I kind of enjoy the City of Heroes comics too.  Maybe someday we'll see them again..  But beyond that...?

Let's look at the example of Dungeons and Dragons, who's first edition was released in 1974.  Its foundations were connected to the 1971 miniatures wargame rules Chainmail and its fantasy supplement.

It took 50 years to get finally a good D&D film finally, last year's Dungeons & Dragon: Honor Among Thieves (2023).  Although there have been many other comic book movies, many of them are of...variable quality.

So, following D&D's example, we should see a good City of Hero's film some time in the 2050's. I sure hope I'm still playing City (should have at least a few more L50's 😺). 

But if I'm alive, I'll be in my 90's. 🙀

• Thanks 1

On 2/8/2024 at 6:14 PM, Azari said:

I dunno.  Some of Jack's early ideas for directing game play (You SHOULD BE STREET SWEEPING to get ANYWHERE!) are not the sort of things that should be encouraged with giant piles of money.

I love the game.

But most of what I love are the products of Paragon Studios building on the original platform.

So now that Homecoming is a licensed CoH server, does that make the unlicensed servers legitimately illegal?

• Haha 1

@Super Whatsit

Superbase passcode (Excelsior) is "passcode-6475"

It's all a Nemesis plot.  But not everything is a Nemesis plot!