What goes well with Thugs Mastermind ??

smnolimits42

What secondary would you choose ??  Why??  I've been wanting to make a Thugs Mastermind for awhile now, but i keep coming to the point that Thugs feels evil.  I want to make a Thugs Hero.  As such, i need some of your thoughts on the subject.  Thanks in advance.

I know this isn't entirely helpful, but everything goes with Thugs... even /sonic.

If you're new to Thugs secondaries that both heal and add to your minions survival is a good idea.  I like /dark & /time as a newer Thug MM.  Less of a learning curve.

I've got at least one of every Thug in my stable.  Personally I really enjoyed all of them, but Time or Trick Arrow are my favorites.  Traps is super nice, but it's just too slow for teaming, but just fine solo.  Trick Arrow is nice and smooth for the teaming experience in mid to later levels compared to traps.

If you go down the route where you don't have an AoE heal,. don't fret.  With the recent changes to MM's pets cost almost nothing to summon and the summon powers recharge really fast.  I'm happy to let my T1's die (especially the suicidal Arsonist).  They're easy enough to resummon.

• Thumbs Up 2

Leveling a Thugs/Time now and really enjoying it. 

Also have a kitted out Thugs/Sonic that works well, but reapplying buffs every time I zone is a PITA. Sonic Repulsion with KB->KD on my Bruiser makes up for it- he is a walking earthquake.

Anything with more +recharge will synergize well, to get that Gang War up as often as possible.

3 hours ago, SeraphimKensai said:

Might I suggest the Perma Gang war Thugs/Time MM.

This is my main MM build currently. It's good fun, puts out great numbers, and I like the idea of being a time traveling bank robber.

The other one I played a lot and like was dark.

I mean... everything pairs well with Thugs. Thugs are a solid, well rounded primary for MMs.

I have a Thugs/ElecAff, Thugs/Sonic, Thugs/TA

Top pairings are probably Thugs/Storm or Thugs/Traps but I wouldn't consider them new person (or new to MM) friendly and they require some investment to be good.

It just depends on what theme you're going for.

• Microphone 1

Global: @Valnara1; Discord Handle: @Valnara#0620

I primarily play on Everlasting, but you may occasionally find me on Indom. 🙂

Notable Characters: Apocolyptica - Demons/Storm MM; Lurking Monster - Human-Form WS; Environmentabot - Bots/Nature MM; Miss Fade - Ill/Traps Controller; Sister Apocalypse - Beast/Dark MM; Dr. Elaina Wrath - Plant/Rad Controller (Join the House of Wrath, and spread the word of science!); Ruff Ruff Boom - AR/Devices Blaster

My Thugs MM is built around a thematic element of pheromones used to fool silly gang bangers into doing my will.  I thought about poison but had one like that back on like and hated spit, toss power animations.  Bleah.  So I went with Radiation and call them "Pheromone Clouds"  Also have the Experimentation pool, because again I was going theme so I only have the one pistol attack, the boys I've bedazzed are supposed to do my shooting.  Radiation works out pretty well most of the time.  Definately helps on a team.  The problem is that Arsonist.  Sure he's a hottie, but he scatters everyone and everything and its annoying as balls.  I get it, if I was bathed in Molotov fire I would be running scared to put it out but damn!  That's why she's on the shelf.

Girls of Nukem High - Excelsior - Tempus Fabulous, Flattery, Jennifer Chilly, Betty Beatdown, Two Gun Trixie

Babes of War - Excelsior - Di Di Guns, Runeslinger, Munitions Mistress, Tideway, Hard Melody, Blue Aria

Several alts and of course my original from live on Freedom, OG High Beam (someone else has her non OG name)

Another vote for Thugs/Time. Super easy to play if you are new to MMs. 

Thugs/Dark is fun too and also very easy to understand and play. Plus you get an extra pet, a powerful heal, strong debuffs, and controls. All which benefit the thugs mostly ranged playstyle. 

• Microphone 1

2 hours ago, JJDrakken said:

More Thugs....since all Thugs buff all Thugs.  So you get 8 Thug MMs together, you'll get all Enforcers buffing all the thugs of all players in the team. Then add in Leadership of all the MMs

😛

It's was crazy to me when I found this out. Something I mark it up as a fever dream because it's unreal how good it is.

I'll cast a vote for Thugs/Forcefield/Mace Mastery if you're looking to get into "Main Tank" territory, because they can do it.  And if you put Soulbound's unique in Bruiser and the Gaussian Build-Up proc in Enforcers, you won't be hurting for damage, either.  Granted, not as directly exciting as the other combos mentioned above, but it works, works well, and works well even on SOs.

...although Arsonist scattering things to the four winds could count as exciting, too.

• Microphone 1

Thugs/Elec is surprisingly durable with all of the chain buffs and Faraday, and since you and your pets never run out of End you almost never need to slow down.
Thugs/Storm I didn't care for early on, but once it gets going its really solid.  The biggest issue, as with any Storm Summoning build, is Endurance; Storms is just a high End set no matter how you look at it.  But if you play smart its not too bad.  I would recommend investing in some KB->KD IOs and don't spam O2 Boost. 🤣

• Thumbs Up 1

19 hours ago, Nintova said:

What would a typical build look like for a /Time Thug? A poor man's version since I'm broke as a joke and it ain't even funny.

My Thug/Time build in Mid expensive. But if you're willing to go slow get all of the MM Attune enhances with Merits the overall price isn't bad. Most of the purples are dmg procs so you could swap them out for cheaper ones. Otherwise, the only purples "needed" for the build are the Soulbound ones in my bruiser. But you could put something else in there while you wait to get them.

Timeline Heister v2 (ThugTime).mbd

• Like 1

2 hours ago, SaxyGuitar said:

My Thug/Time build in Mid expensive. But if you're willing to go slow get all of the MM Attune enhances with Merits the overall price isn't bad. Most of the purples are dmg procs so you could swap them out for cheaper ones. Otherwise, the only purples "needed" for the build are the Soulbound ones in my bruiser. But you could put something else in there while you wait to get them.

Timeline Heister v2 (ThugTime).mbd 47.96 kB · 0 downloads

Thank you kindly. This helps me to understand what is going where. I have so much to relearn. Half of the terms you mentions I'm not familiar with. Attune? Soulbound? I'm heading to the wiki now so I wont take up any more of your time but I appreciate you!

1 hour ago, Nintova said:

Half of the terms you mentions I'm not familiar with. Attune? Soulbound?

Every class now has Enhancement just for that class now and you can also make IOs level to you. Those are normal called Attune. 

Then soulbound is the name of the Purple IO for pets.

• Like 1

Just checked one of my thug MM and it has Nature Affinity, which is fine if you like healing.

/time seems strong, but I never tried the perma gang war, which brings up the question:  why haven't I?

• Microphone 1

I went to Ouroboros all i got was this lousy secret!

/time is great perma gang wars is cool and stuff

/elec is just on another level when built perma gang wars and double gang war every other also the only power set that can handle healing all those pets because of chains and end recovery.