Replace Speed power "Flurry" with super speed combat teleport type power?

27 minutes ago, Rudra said:

First part: If it is a pool power? It will be inferior to AT primary/secondary attacks.

Second part: Here is one of mine: Ice/Storm/Flight/Speed/Fighting/Ice Controller

1) Block of Ice

1) Gale

2) Frostbite

4) Fly

6) Flurry

8 ) Snow Storm

10) Steamy Mist

12) Hover

14) Air Superiority

16) Freezing Rain

18) O2 Boost

20) Ice Slick

22) Flash Freeze

24) Kick (not used as part of the attack chain)

26) Tough

28) Glacier

30) Arctic Air

32) Jack Frost

35) Tornado

38) Lightning Storm

41) Ice Blast

44) Hibernate

47) Ice Storm

49) Frozen Armor

?????????????????????????????

You have 4 attacks on 8 second cooldowns that are WAYYYY better than flurry. Block of ice, frostbite, ice blast, and gale..... and that's ONLY those, you also have your AE / status to throw in. And only if you don't slot any of them with any sort of recharge ((why wouldn't you???). 

AND you skipped chilblain to get flurry instead? Chilblain is a 4s recharge ,1.17s cast.... but 80 foot range with a 30.59 damage (flurry has 34.99, but, again it's 3.07 cast time.... so wayyyyy worse in terms of DPS), and, again, you can slot the heck out of it for some nice effect and it does immobilize and slows..... there is nooooo mechanics reason why you would ever use flurry with your powersets.... 

What the heck power chain are you doing that you use flurry with those powersets?!?!? Even just using air superiority instead is FAR superior. Or using your nemesis staff. 

At 50, you would have no reason to use flurry....... unless you just wanted to because you thought it looked cool. Like gale alone FAR outshines flurry, since you can slot it with some nice procs and make it do knockdown instead of knockback (making it a useful damage / control ability). And it's a cone from a distance... so pretty useful. 

I don't understand why you are saying you use flurry???? This is bananas haha. 

Edited by PancakeGnome
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, PancakeGnome said:

yea, but... what if.... there were more power options that weren't supposed to be sucky? And people actually wanted to take? And use?

The words are English, but the sentence makes absolutely no sense.  There's already more than a few power options that aren't sucky and that people want to take an use.  Changing Flurry into something it's not supposed to be will not materially change that. 

5 minutes ago, PancakeGnome said:

What was your powerset / build that you did that on? I can't picture a single powerset combo that would use flurry (unless just did it for RP).

You being unable to picture it does not mean it doesn't exist.  (I use Flurry on one or two of my blasters, and I think a brute or a tanker too.)

1 minute ago, PancakeGnome said:

Have you guys leveled up past 10 before???

Setting aside the insult inherent in this...  I'm just going to repeat what I said above:  You being unable to picture it does not mean it doesn't exist.

And with that, I'm going to bow out of this discussion.

Unofficial Homecoming Wiki - Paragon Wiki updated for Homecoming!  Your contributions are welcome!
(Not the owner/operator - just a fan who wants to spread the word.)

3 minutes ago, Doc_Scorpion said:

Setting aside the insult inherent in this...  

I really didn't mean it as an insult. Everyone plays in different ways, I'm just trying to understand why you guys don't know about attack chains.

Some people have a lot of alts and stick to early game, nothing wrong with that. 

But I'm talking more about the mid / late game. Not how flurry is very early on.

It would be like talking to someone that was like "brawl? yea, pretty good, I use it on my blaster". Sure, I use brawl on my blasters too.... at level 4.....

There is just some big big disconnect from where we are both speaking from. It's ok if you use these things (I do too!), just the game is very different once you have more powers.... and things like flurry or brawl just don't make sense anymore..... they don't have the ability to keep up with anyones other options.....

• Like 1

jrangersmall.gif.61f0f73dd3687cc1ffd63cf8694b421f.gif

"It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire posts, the posts become warning points. It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion."

Being constantly offended doesn't mean you're right, it means you're too narcissistic to tolerate opinions different than your own.

1 hour ago, PancakeGnome said:

?????????????????????????????

You have 4 attacks on 8 second cooldowns that are WAYYYY better than flurry. Block of ice, frostbite, ice blast, and gale..... and that's ONLY those, you also have your AE / status to throw in. And only if you don't slot any of them with any sort of recharge ((why wouldn't you???). 

AND you skipped chilblain to get flurry instead? Chilblain is a 4s recharge ,1.17s cast.... but 80 foot range with a 30.59 damage (flurry has 34.99, but, again it's 3.07 cast time.... so wayyyyy worse in terms of DPS), and, again, you can slot the heck out of it for some nice effect and it does immobilize and slows..... there is nooooo mechanics reason why you would ever use flurry with your powersets.... 

What the heck power chain are you doing that you use flurry with those powersets?!?!? Even just using air superiority instead is FAR superior. Or using your nemesis staff. 

At 50, you would have no reason to use flurry....... unless you just wanted to because you thought it looked cool. Like gale alone FAR outshines flurry, since you can slot it with some nice procs and make it do knockdown instead of knockback (making it a useful damage / control ability). And it's a cone from a distance... so pretty useful. 

I don't understand why you are saying you use flurry???? This is bananas haha. 

Oh no. I'm running a build that actually lets me enjoy running a Controller. How horrible. How terrible. I must need to be sent for re-education. I made that build because it was fun. I typically hate Controllers. Every time I make a Controller, it takes me forever and a day to clear any mission. (Edit again: And feels like I'm trying to read the first 2 chapters of the Silmarillion over and over except as a video game.) That build? I clear missions almost as fast as my Blasters. (Edit again: And actually enjoy doing so at the same time.) How dare I make a build I enjoy and that I can clear things at my pace at.

Edit: Also, please explain how Gale with its 3.0586 damage, 7.8 END cost, 2.17 second cast time, and 8 second recharge is better than Flurry with its (for Controllers) 31.4906 damage, 5.46 END cost, 3.07 second cast time, and 3 second recharge? I can hit up to 80 feet and annoy some mobs that I can't with Flurry? Well, I can also lock down those mobs with Frostbite or Glacier, and then be dumping Flurry's higher damage more often into the boss or EB or AV in between my CC attacks. Freezing Rain? 15 second duration with 30 second recharge (after enhancements). Drop that at start of fight and then I can forget it until the next fight. Snow Storm? Is a toggle. Tornado? Runs rampant for 30 seconds with a 30 second recharge (after enhancements). Flash Freeze? Puts other spawns that may get too curious to sleep while I deal with the spawn I am currently engaged with. Ice Slick? 30 second duration with a 54 second recharge after enhancements. Arctic Air? Is a toggle. Ice Storm? Has a 15 second duration with a 65 second recharge after enhancements. Ice Blast? Is my only actual attack that isn't a pool power. (And it is still an Ancillary Pool Power, so still a pool power.) So you are wondering why I use Flurry? Because it is fun and I have the time to use it between my crowd controlling for even more damage.

Edited by Rudra

36 minutes ago, PancakeGnome said:

I really didn't mean it as an insult. Everyone plays in different ways, I'm just trying to understand why you guys don't know about attack chains.

Some people have a lot of alts and stick to early game, nothing wrong with that. 

But I'm talking more about the mid / late game. Not how flurry is very early on.

It would be like talking to someone that was like "brawl? yea, pretty good, I use it on my blaster". Sure, I use brawl on my blasters too.... at level 4.....

There is just some big big disconnect from where we are both speaking from. It's ok if you use these things (I do too!), just the game is very different once you have more powers.... and things like flurry or brawl just don't make sense anymore..... they don't have the ability to keep up with anyones other options.....

6 hours ago, Rudra said:

Edit: Also, I have characters that have Boxing, Kick, both, and sometimes even Cross Punch. And they are part of my attack chain. It always frustrates me that people come on these forums and claim no one is using certain powers. Just because you don't use them doesn't mean they aren't being used.

Feel free to stop insulting everyone please.

2 hours ago, Rudra said:

Oh no. I'm running a build that actually lets me enjoy running a Controller. How horrible. How terrible. I must need to be sent for re-education. I made that build because it was fun. I typically hate Controllers. Every time I make a Controller, it takes me forever and a day to clear any mission. (Edit again: And feels like I'm trying to read the first 2 chapters of the Silmarillion over and over except as a video game.) That build? I clear missions almost as fast as my Blasters. (Edit again: And actually enjoy doing so at the same time.) How dare I make a build I enjoy and that I can clear things at my pace at.

Edit: Also, please explain how Gale with its 3.0586 damage, 7.8 END cost, 2.17 second cast time, and 8 second recharge is better than Flurry with its (for Controllers) 31.4906 damage, 5.46 END cost, 3.07 second cast time, and 3 second recharge? I can hit up to 80 feet and annoy some mobs that I can't with Flurry? Well, I can also lock down those mobs with Frostbite or Glacier, and then be dumping Flurry's higher damage more often into the boss or EB or AV in between my CC attacks. Freezing Rain? 15 second duration with 30 second recharge (after enhancements). Drop that at start of fight and then I can forget it until the next fight. Snow Storm? Is a toggle. Tornado? Runs rampant for 30 seconds with a 30 second recharge (after enhancements). Flash Freeze? Puts other spawns that may get too curious to sleep while I deal with the spawn I am currently engaged with. Ice Slick? 30 second duration with a 54 second recharge after enhancements. Arctic Air? Is a toggle. Ice Storm? Has a 15 second duration with a 65 second recharge after enhancements. Ice Blast? Is my only actual attack that isn't a pool power. (And it is still an Ancillary Pool Power, so still a pool power.) So you are wondering why I use Flurry? Because it is fun and I have the time to use it between my crowd controlling for even more damage.

Um... Cool? Glad you are having fun with it?

So first of all Gale is primarily a support power used for its low cooldown 100% AoE knock back in a single direction which lets you displace and move enemies, its not primarily an attack, the damage is entirely secondary. Second, no one is arguing you can't take flurry because you find it fun. ITS A FUN POWER, that's why we want it to be better. We just want it to be both fun and good, or at least decent.

Edit: Somehow forgot the original Topic of this thread was to replace flurry, which I am against. I do however think it needs a hefty buff

Edited by Riot Siren
  • Like 1

Kaika DB/INVUN Stalker                                                 Unluck AR/Nin Blaster

Riot Siren Bio/Dark Tank                                                      Ria Greenheart Axe/Sheild scrapper

Blue Meteor Em/Rad Scrapper                                             Fio Rune  FIre/Rad Stalker 

31 minutes ago, Riot Siren said:

So first of all Gale is primarily a support power used for its low cooldown 100% AoE knock back in a single direction which lets you displace and move enemies, its not primarily an attack, the damage is entirely secondary.

First?

3 hours ago, PancakeGnome said:

You have 4 attacks on 8 second cooldowns that are WAYYYY better than flurry. Block of ice, frostbite, ice blast, and gale.....

Hence, my request for the explanation how Gale is better than flurry.

Second? No, you are asking for Flurry to be as good as AT's primary/secondary attacks. (Edit: Even worse, you want it to be competitive with late game powers despite being available as early as level 4. You know, the level at which high end players get the powers they abandon for the mid to late game?) (And in @PancakeGnome's case? Using Judgements as a reference for Flurry needing to be improved.) No power pool attack is going to be competitive against any AT's actual attacks from their own power sets. That is by design. (And the complaint that Flurry can be compared to Brawl after all the complaining that Brawl needed to be buffed and so got buffed? Especially if the player also takes Boxing, Kick, and Cross Punch to further enhance Brawl? Yeah.) Flurry does not need to be made any stronger.

Edited by Rudra

2 hours ago, Rudra said:

Edit: Also, please explain how Gale with its 3.0586 damage, 7.8 END cost, 2.17 second cast time, and 8 second recharge is better than Flurry with its (for Controllers) 31.4906 damage, 5.46 END cost, 3.07 second cast time, and 3 second recharge? I can hit up to 80 feet and annoy some mobs that I can't with Flurry? 

Sure, basically it happens once you slot it up with IO's that proc. 

First, put in sudden acceleration (knockback to knockdown), this makes it less troublesome for groups.
Then 4 damage proc IO's (on average, this turns your 3.06 damage power....into a 64.42 damage power!!! in a cone, that also knocks everyone down, not shabby).
And then with the last slot it depends what you want. Recharge maybe? Or accuracy (if you don't get it from somewhere else). Or maybe -res proc? Or even a recharge proc.

That's why some powers can really shine late game when they are ablet o hold more types of IO's that let you take them further than they are originally. I've done it with air superiority before even on a build. 

But usually the key with procs is a fast animation time, so you can get it off and move on. That's why even with some damage procs in furry..... it isn't very good, the 3.0 animation time is a really heavy price to pay for the low single target damage it does with limited proc potential.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Rudra said:

Second? No, you are asking for Flurry to be as good as AT's primary/secondary attacks. (Edit: Even worse, you want it to be competitive with late game powers despite being available as early as level 4. You know, the level at which high end players get the powers they abandon for the mid to late game?) (And in @PancakeGnome's case? Using Judgements as a reference for Flurry needing to be improved.) 

1) Never talked about incarnate abilities... I don't know why you are talking about judgement slotting....
2) Yea, I think any power a player takes should be useful for the entire characters life. I think powers that are just "early game filler" that take up a power spot are bad and need to be reworked. You get a limited number of powers and there are a lot of good / situational options you can take over something that you use for a few levels then abandon.....

In speed especially, take hasten .... take superspeed....take burnout.... take whirlwind .... all amazingly great abilities. ((Superspeed alone is a one stop shop great invis for any character with a stealth IO in it)).

There is no reason to ever take furry outside of just for fun / RP / or are new and don't understand the limits or other options. (((No one is saying it's wrong to take things for fun!!! Have fun and take neat looking powers!!! BUT, it would also be cool if the power had a place gameplay wise and was balanced with other powers.... even with other powers from other power pools.....))

I'm not sure why people are against making powers fun / useful??? It is such a weird thing to be arguing "no no, I want the power to remain worse than brawl!!!". ....like, ok, sure.... that's one view I guess..... but I don't understand it at all.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Wavicle said:

Flurry should be made to be similar to other t1 pool powers. No better.

Yea, that's all we actually want. Like arcane bolt is a long ranged 1.73 cast time 45 damage ability with knockdown.... great ability! 
Toxic dart is 1.07s activation, long range, 30.12 damage ability. Not shabby!! Fast! 
Flurry is 7 foot range.... 3.07 activation time....34.99 damage...... so 1/3rd as good as toxic dart (on damage to activation ALONE....let alone it being short ranged)).

So we just want flurry to be brought up to other power pools. 1 second cast time long range attack (like a dash??). Or some other mix of damage / area effect / cast time, and so on and so on. 

It's just a very very early power that was left behind in terms of balancing. It needs to be updated. 

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, PancakeGnome said:

Sure, basically it happens once you slot it up with IO's that proc. 

First, put in sudden acceleration (knockback to knockdown), this makes it less troublesome for groups.
Then 4 damage proc IO's (on average, this turns your 3.06 damage power....into a 64.42 damage power!!! in a cone, that also knocks everyone down, not shabby).
And then with the last slot it depends what you want. Recharge maybe? Or accuracy (if you don't get it from somewhere else). Or maybe -res proc? Or even a recharge proc.

That's why some powers can really shine late game when they are ablet o hold more types of IO's that let you take them further than they are originally. I've done it with air superiority before even on a build. 

But usually the key with procs is a fast animation time, so you can get it off and move on. That's why even with some damage procs in furry..... it isn't very good, the 3.0 animation time is a really heavy price to pay for the low single target damage it does with limited proc potential.

You mean like how Flurry can choose from 11 different procs including knockdown and hold? At higher base damage, less than 1 second difference in animation time, less END cost, and less than half the recharge?? 6 of 1 or half dozen of the other. Just like Gale, Flurry is what you make of it.

45 minutes ago, PancakeGnome said:

1) Never talked about incarnate abilities... I don't know why you are talking about judgement slotting....

10 hours ago, PancakeGnome said:

It's about power creep...

We have incarnate powers and IO's and attempts to keep players from growing too strong were largely abandoned later in the games life.

That would be where I am getting that from.

Yea, I think any power a player takes should be useful for the entire characters life.

Agreed. However, that is up to the individual player to work out. If they want their lower level powers, including pool powers, to be of use at high levels? They make them so. I use Flurry, Boxing, and Kick on multiple characters. Even at *gasp* level 50! (Which you are surprised about for some reason and apparently trying to tell me to stop and grab other powers.)

In speed especially, take hasten .... take superspeed....take burnout.... take whirlwind .... all amazingly great abilities.

Now, you see? I vastly prefer Flurry over Whirlwind. For starters, Flurry doesn't lock me out of every one of my other attacks at a base 0.98 END per second for absolutely no damage unless I make it a proc bomb. (Edit: And Whirlwind only has 1 damaging proc it can slot.) And it still has the 7 feet range of every other melee attack. (And if you try and use it on most teams without slotting a KB to KD proc? Watch the team draw their knives and butcher you.)

There is no reason to ever take furry outside of just for fun / RP / or are new and don't understand the limits or other options.

I don't take Flurry for RP reasons. I don't even normally take it for fun, though it is a fun power. I take it because it gives me an attack that does good damage and has a chance to stun the target with a fairly fast recharge. And those 3 reasons fall under "mechanical". Or are you telling me I don't understand the limits or other options? Because I can assure you that I am not a new player.

I'm not sure why people are against making powers fun / useful??? It is such a weird thing to be arguing "no no, I want the power to remain worse than brawl!!!".

No one is arguing the Flurry should be worse than Brawl. In fact, I distinctly remember challenging that opinion. Because that is all that statement is, an opinion. And my opinion is that Flurry is a good power. It may not be the power for you, but that does not make it a bad power. There are players that leverage Flurry to their advantage. Apparently you are not one of them. So choose powers you want to leverage to your advantage. Just because you think a power does not suit you though, does not mean it needs to be changed, buffed, or replaced. (In this case, buffed.)

Edited by Rudra
Edited to correct "Whirlwind" to "Flurry" and change "it" to "Whirlwind".

Kudos to those that take and slot Flurry. I very rarely take the Speed pool at all, but when I do take it as a travel pool (and sometimes for Hasten) I treat Flurry as pretty much all the other T1 pool attacks... ignore it (if I can). I don't think it is supposed to be so good that I could ignore it.

There is a difference between the original/revamped Travel Power Pool (including Concelament) and the "Origin" Travel pools: The original pools have all their powers unlocked by level 14. It's not much of a consolation, but if a "Pool Boy" character wanted to have all the attacks from a specific pool, they can do that much earlier. 

As an aside: Making an argument about using %procs in a sub-5-second-recharge T1 power is pretty silly IMO.

On 1/13/2024 at 2:51 AM, PancakeGnome said:

Speed was one of the first powerpools.... and now aday, it is really showing its age. Flurry especially, a 3.07 second execute time power?? Light damage?? Single target?!?! And in SUPER SPEED power pool of all things!!

Instead, what if superspeed was given a dash punch type ability? Functions similar to the combat teleport, and has a small area effect punch when you get to where you are going, and maybe a small damage boost (instead of accuracy increase?). 

I had a Champions RPG (some would call "pen and paper" or --- shiver --- "table top") speedster character that had a power that I called the "Manic Run-by" which was basically the character ran around in a small area stomping on everything. It could have had an explosive effect, so the center of the area too the most damage and then it dissipated a dice at a time as the effect expanded outward from that point, but I built it as an AoE so it would hit all the targets in that area equally.

The teleport in the Martial arts secondary for Blasters works like that - https://homecoming.wiki/wiki/Martial_Combat#Burst_of_Speed

Honestly, I would like to see the Flurry as a cone like Sands of Mu. I could have sworn it was originally a cone  ..way back .... in the day...

If you want a superspeed travel pool with teleport then that would be https://homecoming.wiki/wiki/Experimentation and 

https://homecoming.wiki/wiki/Experimentation#Speed_of_Sound

You can always execute a power when you get to the end of a Jaunt (aka teleport).

If someone posts a reply quoting me and I don't reply, they may be on ignore.

(It seems I'm involved with so much at this point that I may not be able to easily retrieve access to all the notifications)

Some players know that I have them on ignore and are likely to make posts knowing that is the case.

But the fact that I have them on ignore won't stop some of them from bullying and harassing people, because some of them love to do it. There is a group that have banded together to target forum posters they don't like. They think that this behavior is acceptable.

Ignore (in the forums) and /ignore (in-game) are tools to improve your gaming experience. Don't feel bad about using them.

2 hours ago, UltraAlt said:

I had a Champions RPG (some would call "pen and paper" or --- shiver --- "table top") speedster character that had a power that I called the "Manic Run-by" which was basically the character ran around in a small area stomping on everything. It could have had an explosive effect, so the center of the area too the most damage and then it dissipated a dice at a time as the effect expanded outward from that point, but I built it as an AoE so it would hit all the targets in that area equally.

The teleport in the Martial arts secondary for Blasters works like that - https://homecoming.wiki/wiki/Martial_Combat#Burst_of_Speed

Honestly, I would like to see the Flurry as a cone like Sands of Mu. I could have sworn it was originally a cone  ..way back .... in the day...

If you want a superspeed travel pool with teleport then that would be https://homecoming.wiki/wiki/Experimentation and 

https://homecoming.wiki/wiki/Experimentation#Speed_of_Sound

You can always execute a power when you get to the end of a Jaunt (aka teleport).

Here's a fun but draining thought:

Super Speed: You move so fast, enemies don't even notice you.

Speed of Sound: You move super fast and can accelerate for very brief periods of time so that it seems like teleportation (so you get a teleport).

Super Speed + Speed of Sound: You move faster than any other super speed character, so fast enemies don't even notice you, and can accelerate for brief periods of time as if teleported.

(Edit: And no, Flurry was always a single target attack. [Edit again: And my best guess other than game balance for early access powers is because in comics every time I see the ability used, even when up against multiple foes, it is a barrage of punches at a single target. So against groups of enemies, the speedster usually does Move By attacks with a single attack at each target as (s)he passes by, or flurries one target, then moves to the next and flurries, then moves to the next and....])

Edited by Rudra

I mean, Flurry is arguably the worst pool attack due to the crazy long animation. I think we can all agree upon that. It also has the worst secondary effect, a paltry MAG 2 stun. So I don't think some kind of small improvement is totally unwarranted. At the very least the animation time could be lowered to the same as Shadow Maul (as should Sands of Mu, which I thought had already been reduced but apparently hasn't), and the MAG level increased to 3.

Another alternative I think would be cool is to add a short-ranged teleport, much like Combat Teleport. You could halve the range and remove the charges so that it's not as good as CT, but there is something very thematic about a speedster doing a lightning-fast dash up to a critter and then pummel them with fists. Bonus points if you code it so that the teleport only happens if you're outside the normal 7ft range so that you don't teleport when you're already right in front of something.

But, y'know, it'll never happen cause /powercreep.

• Like 1

All of the melee pool attacks should scale with and be modified by the fighting pool.

So you'd be looking at something like:
Air Superiority - +10% base damage for each fighting pool power taken, +5% base damage to fighting pool powers in return, grants -fly to Cross Punch

Jump Kick - +10% base damage for each fighting pool power taken, +5% base damage to fighting pool powers in return, doubles Cross Punch's knockdown chance from 40% to 80% (or maybe even guarantees it)

Flurry - +10% base damage from boxing and kick, +20% base damage from Cross Punch, +5% base damage to boxing and kick, +10% to Cross Punch

So if you took all three and fighting you'd wind up with:
Air Superiority +30% base damage
Jump Kick +30% base damage
Flurry +40% base damage
Boxing +50% base damage +current fighting synergy
Kick +50% base damage +current fighting synergy
Cross Punch +60% base damage, -fly, 80% (to 100%) knockdown chance, +current fighting synergy

Or something to that effect.

Edit: Then let them all grant +5% base damage to brawl. 😄

Edited by PoptartsNinja
  • Thumbs Down 2

19 hours ago, Rudra said:

Super Speed: You move so fast, enemies don't even notice you.

I wouldn't use this to replace Flurry, but, to replace the current ability to be able to run through "some" stuff that "isn't moving", I could go for that.

That is to say, invisibility while https://homecoming.wiki/wiki/Speed#Super_Speed is active.

I will say on the other hand that the ability to be able to phase through enemies when https://homecoming.wiki/wiki/Speed#Super_Speed is active with a https://homecoming.wiki/wiki/Concealment power active is very powerful for stealthing missions. No worries about bumping into enemies - you simply pass through them.

19 hours ago, Rudra said:

(Edit: And no, Flurry was always a single target attack. [Edit again: And my best guess other than game balance for early access powers is because in comics every time I see the ability used, even when up against multiple foes, it is a barrage of punches at a single target. So against groups of enemies, the speedster usually does Move By attacks with a single attack at each target as (s)he passes by, or flurries one target, then moves to the next and flurries, then moves to the next and....])

Thanks for clearing that up.

I can agree that usually when a speedster uses a Flurry in a comic book it is pretty much always on a single target.

I think at one point before Sunset that had Sands of Mu, Shadow Maul, and Flurry and that's where my confusion came from as I assumed at the time I slotted the power (and in memory) that Flurry was a cone attack.

So many characters, so little a number of speedster alts!

(It seems I'm involved with so much at this point that I may not be able to easily retrieve access to all the notifications)

Some players know that I have them on ignore and are likely to make posts knowing that is the case.

But the fact that I have them on ignore won't stop some of them from bullying and harassing people, because some of them love to do it. There is a group that have banded together to target forum posters they don't like. They think that this behavior is acceptable.

Ignore (in the forums) and /ignore (in-game) are tools to improve your gaming experience. Don't feel bad about using them.

4 hours ago, UltraAlt said:

I wouldn't use this to replace Flurry, but, to replace the current ability to be able to run through "some" stuff that "isn't moving", I could go for that.

That is to say, invisibility while https://homecoming.wiki/wiki/Speed#Super_Speed is active.

I will say on the other hand that the ability to be able to phase through enemies when https://homecoming.wiki/wiki/Speed#Super_Speed is active with a https://homecoming.wiki/wiki/Concealment power active is very powerful for stealthing missions. No worries about bumping into enemies - you simply pass through them.

Sorry about any confusion, I wasn't proposing a replacement for Flurry. I was commenting on how Super Speed and Speed of Sound currently work because Super Speed does have a minor stealth effect, and the fact they can be combined if the player is willing to pay the END cost for it.

1 hour ago, Rudra said:

Super Speed does have a minor stealth effect

It doesn't seem enough to really quality as stealth. People that use it that way tend to slot something else in it to increase the stealth.