I Need help with a name

Sir Slamalot?

I find this helpful to grab handfuls of related words at a time:  https://onelook.com/reverse-dictionary.shtml 

It's not always perfect and some searches can really go far afield quickly, but it's better than nothing.

• Haha 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

Clave's Sure-Fire Secrets to Enjoying City Of Heroes
Ignore those farming chores, skip your market homework, play any power sets that you want, and ignore anyone who says otherwise.
This game isn't hard work, it's easy!
Go have fun!
╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝

I am something of an amateur Arthurian scholar, having read just about everything I can on the subject.

There are tons of lesser known knights in the stories. One of the more comprehensive websites I have come across on the matter is this: http://nightbringer.se/nightbringer/index.html

There is just butt tons of information on this website about everything Arthurian. And while Lancelot is my least favorite KOTR, for I think he plays better as a villain, my favorite knights are either Gawain or Sir Lamorak / Lamorac. I also think that Queen Guinevere makes for a better villain as well.

Another good knight that was a later addition to the stories is Lohengrin, which comes from German (Continental) additions to the tales in the late middle ages. He is said to be a son of Parzifal (Percival or Peredur in the original Welsh).

The most common or well known KOTR include:

Gawain / Gawaine (usually listed as the best before the addition of Lancelot to the stories)

Bedwyr / Bedivere (sometimes listed as the most trusted knight)

Lamorak / Lamorac

Mordred, the Bane of Britain (Arthur's illegitimate son, and nephew)

Lancelot

Bors

Tristan

Percival / Peredur / Parzifal (almost good enough for the Holy Grail)

Galahad (only knight good enough to find the Holy Grail)

Cai / Kay

Owain / Yvain

Culhwch (Arthur's cousin, one of the oldest knights, even before the addition of the Round Table to the stories)

Tegyr

Cador

Agrivain / Agrivaine

Gareth

Gaheris

Ector / Hector (Cai's father)

Pellinore

Tor

Aglovale

Gereint

Lot

Nestor

Hoel

Fflewdwr

Colgrevance

Ider (Knight of the Frogs!)

Brunor the Black

Lucan

Dagonet the Fool

Griflet

There are so many more. These are the just a few that came to mind within a minute or so. Let me know if I can be more help. This is my favorite subject in the world and I did several research papers on the topic in school and grad school.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 5
  • Banjo 1
  • Staff of Aesculapius 1
  • Microphone 1

As others have said you can play it straight as a medieval knight type character and choose a legendary name or even an historical name (Tudor, Norman or Plantagenet springs to mind) but you can also bring a spoof element in, or maybe even a take on a knightly type comicbook character: Black Knight springs to mind as the most obvious example.

You could even go for something earlier, say late Saxon; anything from Alfred to Ethelred and plenty in between, or even Carolingian or the proto-Holy Roman Empire (it wasn't holy, it wasn't roman and it wasn't an empire but otherwise it did what it said on the tin.)

The Ghost Slaying Axe. The very best there is. When you absolutely, positively got to kill every motherspectre in the room, accept no substitutes.

8 hours ago, smnolimits43 said:

I'm sitting here watching the movie First Knight, and it has inspired me to make a name based on Lancelot and the knights of the round table.  

Well, I think that is more commonly known as King Arthur and the Kings of the Round Table, but in the comic book universe, I can see how King Arthur might be confused with someone else ...

aquaman-35-oct-1967.jpg

As far as Lancelot, (add "Sir" as desired)

Lancelot du Lac

Lancelot of the Lake

Lancelot the Brave

Lancelot the Chaste

Lancelot the Pure

Lancelot the Virtuous 

Lancalot

Lancellot

Lancealot

Lancelott

Lanselot

Spearalot

Spearelot

Spearsalot

Spearselot

• Thumbs Up 1

If someone posts a reply quoting me and I don't reply, they may be on ignore.

(It seems I'm involved with so much at this point that I may not be able to easily retrieve access to all the notifications)

Some players know that I have them on ignore and are likely to make posts knowing that is the case.

But the fact that I have them on ignore won't stop some of them from bullying and harassing people, because some of them love to do it. There is a group that have banded together to target forum posters they don't like. They think that this behavior is acceptable.

Ignore (in the forums) and /ignore (in-game) are tools to improve your gaming experience. Don't feel bad about using them.

Take the name you want.  Seriously.  I do not know the name you have in mind.

Say you choose "Mark'  If nothing is available that you like from the below list look at the ones closest.  Then research that in the language you want, say Gaelic, Marcas  (not listed below)  Then find the alternate spellings.  before standardized spellings certain languages (most) were all over the place with how stuff in spelled.

This was a very simple name.  Take something like Oswald and you are off to the races....

In other languages
Belarusian: Марк
Bulgarian: Маркo, Марк
Breton: Mark
Catalan: Marc
Classical Syriac: ܡܪܩܘܣ
Coptic: Ⲙⲁⲣⲕⲟⲥ
Czech: Marek
Welsh: Marc
Danish: Mark
German: Markus, Marcus
Greek: Μάρκος