Welcome Home! - An Open Letter from Homecoming

Widower

1 hour ago, Shaaktar said:

Is there any chance that the old accounts from the time we played with NCSoft can be restored?

No

Even if by some miracle it became possible (which I doubt because if I understand things correctly they no longer exist) it would mean some have and some do not.

Fresh start. Make the most of what you have, reimagine yourself at your best and double it! Enjoy the journey

• Like 3

The Ghost Slaying Axe. The very best there is. When you absolutely, positively got to kill every motherspectre in the room, accept no substitutes.

First off from the bottom of my frozen heart, THANK YOU for all your hard work over the last 4.5 years.  When I heard that Homecoming had been open for a month in 2019 I almost cried.  (Hell logging into the game the first time and hearing the login music did that).  I played so much because I had 7 long years to make up for as well as making sure if the servers went down the next day I could savour as much as I could.  I always tried to donate when I had the money (and when it didn't instantly cap) to keep the good times rolling.

Now with 2024 opening with this news was just proof it's going to be a very good year!  

That being said.....Fire Imps and Shooting a rifle?  Did Firearms Assault just become a reality for Doms?  I am also hoping for a new Control set for Controllers as well.  But I'll take what I can get!

Again THANK YOU!! 

• Like 2
  • Pizza (Pepperoni) 1

I do have a questions for the Devs. I imagine at the very least it would be hard to do, but is it possible to make a giant monster or something similar that has multiple hitboxes on a single entity? I suppose an example would be a giant robot with destructible turrets on it, a targetable shield generator, and so forth. So you could "whittle it down" during the fight. I understand if it can't be done, due to the engine being so old and spaghetti code. I'm just curious about it, since it could open up some interesting encounters in the future if it's possible.

Edited by SirJeal

4 minutes ago, SirJeal said:

I do have a questions for the Devs. I imagine at the very least it would be hard to do, but is it possible to make a giant monster or something similar that has multiple hitboxes on a single entity? I suppose an example would be a giant robot with destructible turrets on it, a targetable shield generator, and so forth. So you could "whittle it down" during the fight. I understand if it can't be done, due to the engine being so old and spaghetti code. I'm just curious about it, since it could open up some interesting encounters in the future if it's possible.

See the: https://homecoming.wiki/wiki/Market_Crash_Trial#Crimson_Prototype
It has the targetable shield generators you're talking about already.

CoH is so in it's own ozone that it's still ahead of the times in that there is still nothing as solid as it, even long after it's live halcyon days and into the phoenix rising.

I sincerely appreciate the efforts and tireless dedication to those working hard on this - and nearly 70 doc page-worth update is simply awe-inspiring. Whether it's a measure of passion, hobby or just learning new things for craft, it's bringing something truly awesome forth.

There is just GOOD positive vibes all around Homecoming, and that is something I find sorely lacking in today's landscape, so thank you for creating that through your efforts to keep this going!

• Like 2

Bravo team! The efforts to bring this game back is exceptional. I pray that this process, all the sweat and tears from everyone involved helps to be the catalyst that sees many other sunsetted games out there return to the surface as well, since this is very much a first for the industry as well!

Thank you all!

InGame: @10kVolts    |    Tenkay's Log Combat Parser

15 hours ago, Widower said:

Let’s look all the way back to May 2019, a month after Homecoming launched.

Whoa. Just realized with this that I've been playing on HC longer than I did on Live...

new story arcs (including the finale of Piecemeal’s story)

This really puts a smile on my face, because whether you loved the arc or otherwise, it definitely ended on an implied 'to be continued' that deserves to be told.

and our next Advanced Difficulty Task Force: Lady Grey.

image.png.a0d381af444f517f89d6836da83f779d.png

We hope you like reading, as the patch notes are nearly 70 pages long when pasted into a document.

Help Chat is about to get wild.

• Thumbs Up 1

Really Can't say thank you Enough to all past current  and Furture Members of the Homecoming team and council. ... THANK YOU 

• Like 2

There's only three alternatives: it thinks we're either a threat, food or a mate.... It's either gonna kill us, eat us or hump us.

I've been away since like, ages. I was wondering. When CoH originally shut down, there was this story arc involving a threat to all the dimensions. The devs threw together a makeshift final fight (I was there, it was insane.) Has anything been done to officially advance that story idea?

16 hours ago, SeraphimKensai said:

See the: https://homecoming.wiki/wiki/Market_Crash_Trial#Crimson_Prototype
It has the targetable shield generators you're talking about already.

That's not exactly what I'm talking about. I mean, like... the entity itself has multiple parts all attached to it, each with their own hitbox and hp. So if you destroy the turret on it, it can't use attacks from that turret anymore, and so forth. Or, if it's not a robot, say some giant eldritch being, there are boils that spew out various things protruding from the body of the creature, you have the option of targeting the boils themselves and "popping" them to stop the attacks.

The shield generators you mentioned just sound like the usual Sky Raider forcefield generator mobs that spawn in as reinforcements, and not actually part of the robot.

Edited by SirJeal

Yes a huge thank you goes out to the devs on this! So excited for everything, but I'm a power set junky. Can't wait to see what they are!

I'm hoping for some sort of Force Armor power set that focuses on a blend of defense and the absorption mechanic. It would be cool if it drew from things like black panther's build-up release after absorbing so much damage, possibly expanding it to cover others for short times, ablative regenerative force fields that were really good at absorbing trickle damage over time, and other ideas of that nature. 

51 minutes ago, SirJeal said:

That's not exactly what I'm talking about. I mean, like... the entity itself has multiple parts all attached to it, each with their own hitbox and hp. So if you destroy the turret on it, it can't use attacks from that turret anymore, and so forth. Or, if it's not a robot, say some giant eldritch being, there are boils that spew out various things protruding from the body of the creature, you have the option of targeting the boils themselves and "popping" them to stop the attacks.

The shield generators you mentioned just sound like the usual Sky Raider forcefield generator mobs that spawn in as reinforcements, and not actually part of the robot.

Lusca is a giant lovecraftian Eldritch monster with multiple hit boxes that went you disable one tentacle, she can't use that one again.

Hamidon could be considered a giant monster with multiple hit boxes as well that as you disable them the fight gets easier.

5 hours ago, electric_emu said:

Powersets, I need to know the powersets!

Is that a Dominator / Controller with a rifle?  I welcome Assault Rifle Assault lol

Most likely Dom. They have blaster secondaries. What I'm most interested in is if it'll be pure Assault Rifle or if they'll mix in melee attacks from some other set, since most Dom secondaries have both melee and ranged attacks.

And that last pic has got me intrigued. It's the crab, but with blue lasers. And they look electric... it could mean anything. I fear that trying to guess would hype me up way too much so it's best to just let the mystery lie for now.

Wonder how insanely nuts it would be to get "pet customization" such that one could swap out different model sets?  ex: Robots could have the standard set, or Clockwork, or Praetorian Clockwork... Ninjas could have the base set, Knives of Artemis, or Tsoo-themed, Soldiers could go stock, Arachnos, or Malta... that sort of thing?

• Like 3

AE ARC's (So Far!)

--------------------

15252 Child of the Tsoo - [SFMA] Ninjas, sorcerers, and human trafficking (Origin Story - Stick Figure/Storm Lotus)

50769 Hunt of the Eclipse - [SFMA] Finding something that was lost to Arachnos for nearly 20 years (Origin Story - Daisy Chain)

53149 Spells as a Service - [SFMA] When a young hacker makes a connection between magic and mathematics and encodes it into a computer program, chaos breaks loose!

Amazing!  As someone who found my way to Homecoming relatively recently and has been having a blast, I want to give big thanks to the community as a whole, but especially to the GMs/staff for all the incredible work you've been putting in.  Can't wait to see what this update and the longer-term future has in store!

So, Cow Mastermind, huh?  Better save that Ghost Riders In The Sky name now.  XD

And hey, thank you for keeping the dream and the game alive!  I had hoped I'd see this day and I'm glad I'm here for it!

Everlasting's Actionette 

Also Wolfhound, Starwave, Blue Gale, Relativity Rabbit, and many more!