Welcome Home! - An Open Letter from Homecoming

Widower

14 hours ago, CrazyDead said:

This is amazing to hear!!  I just wish I had known about this server 4 years ago.  I knew someone was attempting to resurrect the game from the graveyard, but I didn't expect them to include newer content!  Yes, I miss playing the original CoH, it was my first MMO on PC (I played Everquest on PS2, and then FF XI also on PS2).  I had a really good high end character that I wanted to recreate, but couldn't remember her details (she went by the name Phoenix).  Again, more than anything, I am very happy and excited that the game has been launched. 

Welcome Home!

I just read the new beta patch notes.  I am quite excited for the new costume stuff, especially holstered weapons and the new pistol choice of crossbows! 
Sadly no wind control, so will just have to re-flavor gravity as wind powers.

New teleport animations sound really cool too! 

So the new powersets are all ballistic weapons control based. We have a lot of those and a lot of dark stuff. There are no plans of adding something like a Light/Divine/Angelic based stuff? Like Divine Armor or Light Blast, etc? So we can finally make a proper Paladin tank or Cleric defender and the like? Never saw anyone talking about this. It looks like everything is geared towards ranged stuff and melee have no love at all. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Niizzy said:

So the new powersets are all ballistic weapons control based. We have a lot of those and a lot of dark stuff. There are no plans of adding something like a Light/Divine/Angelic based stuff? Like Divine Armor or Light Blast, etc? So we can finally make a proper Paladin tank or Cleric defender and the like? Never saw anyone talking about this. It looks like everything is geared towards ranged stuff and melee have no love at all. 

There are other games that do that stuff better - the Homecoming devs are making what they think is best for this game. Then again, there is a suggestion sub forum if you've got ideas. 

Edited by Glacier Peak
Plural

Pocket D Zone Tour

Best Post Ever.... 568068478_BestContentEverSignature.png.4ac4138c1127616ebdcddfe1e9d55b57.png

On 1/17/2024 at 6:43 PM, Widower said:

We hope you like reading, as the patch notes are nearly 70 pages long when pasted into a document.

Damn... sounds like you've been cooking up a Nemesis plot there!

55 minutes ago, Niizzy said:

The question to ask is: what should they provide that the existing power sets don't?

Firstly: Like many others that have returned "home", I want to thank those responsible for opening the door for us to return. I have tried other MMO's. One was promising only because it was star wars. but never felt like CoX... just couldn't measure up in any way. 

Secondly: GREAT JOB maintaining and updating the game and us!

C...: (bad at lists) I have been going back and forth with the idea of either applying for Dev (story writing/power creation ideas as I don't code) or GM to interact with the community. I kind of like both.

...Pudding: thanks to the new and returning players that are the life's blood of the gaming experience for me.

...that's all... I think...

P.S. : The cake is, in point of fact, still a lie!

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Niizzy said:

We have a lot of those and a lot of dark stuff. There are no plans of adding something like a Light/Divine/Angelic based stuff? Like Divine Armor or Light Blast, etc? So we can finally make a proper Paladin tank or Cleric defender and the like?

Have you looked into recoloring existing powers at the tailors?  Because really, we don't need powersets that are "like 'x' only with a different name and colors for the exact same power".

Unofficial Homecoming Wiki - Paragon Wiki updated for Homecoming!  Your contributions are welcome!
(Not the owner/operator - just a fan who wants to spread the word.)

20 hours ago, Niizzy said:

Allow me to recommend a Human-only Peacebringer.

That's how I did my Heliomancer character. He pretty much plays like a photonic Sentinel who isn't afraid of melee, and has a good mix of ranged and in-your-face options. They also have a heal and some self-support powers if you really want to lean into the classic Cleric thing.

Edited by Coyotedancer

Taker of screenshots. Player of creepy Oranbegans and Rularuu bird-things.

Kai's Diary: The Scrapbook of a Sorcerer's Apprentice

4 hours ago, Coyotedancer said:

That's how I did my Heliomancer character. He pretty much plays like a photonic Sentinel who isn't afraid of melee, and has a good mix of ranged and in-your-face options. They also have a heal and some self-support powers if you really want to lean into the classic Cleric thing.

I'd like to second recommend this, it's a really cool vibe that works really well for an Angelic-Type Character.

On 1/20/2024 at 9:50 PM, The Fifth Horseman said:

Damn... sounds like you've been cooking up a Nemesis plot there!

The question to ask is: what should they provide that the existing power sets don't?

A melee that can provide support healing to him and his allies would be fun. We don`t have those. We have regen but no healing.

On 1/21/2024 at 4:57 PM, Coyotedancer said:

Yeah but I like sword and fantasy medieval themes. An armor for the melee archetypes that can heal him and his allies a little would be fun. We have regen but no healing.

On 1/20/2024 at 11:33 AM, swashbucklersdc said:

I just read the new beta patch notes.  I am quite excited for the new costume stuff, especially holstered weapons and the new pistol choice of crossbows! 
Sadly no wind control, so will just have to re-flavor gravity as wind powers.

New teleport animations sound really cool too! 

Storm Summoning is wind....

12 hours ago, Niizzy said:

Yeah but I like sword and fantasy medieval themes. An armor for the melee archetypes that can heal him and his allies a little would be fun. We have regen but no healing.

You won't get a sword, no... But they have both a self-heal and an ally-heal. 

Taker of screenshots. Player of creepy Oranbegans and Rularuu bird-things.

Kai's Diary: The Scrapbook of a Sorcerer's Apprentice

My thanks to our gracious volunteer Devs & GMs who make all of this possible for us through their hard work.

New powers are always welcome but I'd suggest something new, exciting and innovative is overdue.

May I recommend Flatulence (TM) as a power.  It should be accompanied by a Domination type bar that, when maxed, could provide the strongest nuke in the game.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 1/17/2024 at 11:43 AM, Widower said:

And it worked. Nearly five years later, the talks succeeded and Homecoming is now officially licensed to host City of Heroes. We’re back for real now - and it’s still a bit surreal!

This is amazing to learn. I'd been considering twitch streaming or doing youtube videos for CoH because I've loved the game since I first discovered it in the summer of 2005. Every time I considered doing so, I had to scrap my plans due to not wanting to draw attention to Homecoming. But with this news I may just do so now.

• Thumbs Up 3

On 1/23/2024 at 5:49 AM, Niizzy said:

Already available.

• For the Melee powerset with a sword and fantasy medieval theme, there's Broadsword, Dual Blades, Katana, Staff Fighting, and Titan Weapons.
  • For the Protection powerset with self-healing/regen/absorb, besides Regen there's also Willpower (set and forget) and Bio Armor (the best heal/regen/absorb powerset).
  • To heal others, add in the Medicine Pool with Stimulant and Aid Other.

Broadsword, Katana, and Staff Fighting all have a power that provides +ML Def, which helps with Bio Armor's SL Def hole (has strong SL Resists).

Staff Fighting and Bio Armor both have a 3-state control to vary what they focus on.  Staff/Bio might have too much selection, but I eventually will try a Bio/Staff Tanker.

Select a Tanker for maximum survivability, a Scrapper for instant strong attacks, and a Brute for something in between that needs to keep attacking (and being attacked) to keep Rage up and attacks powerful!

Check them out!  I'm sure you'll be able to find the right combination for your toon concept. 😺

• 1 month later