Do the cut-scenes have sound?

4 minutes ago, Techwright said:

If you refer to speech, then no.  Comic speech bubbles communicated the story, just like in the comics.  Some cut scenes have sounds like explosions, as I recall.

I'm not seeing speech-bubbles either. Just characters waving their arms around and nodding etc, as if they're supposed to be talking. I'm referring to a few missions but the one that sticks in my mind is the one featuring Veres in Kings Row

Water Wench - Water/Ice (Reunion)

Kiri Otoshi - Brute/Invulnerability (Reunion)

43 minutes ago, waltuski said:

I'm not seeing speech-bubbles either. Just characters waving their arms around and nodding etc, as if they're supposed to be talking. I'm referring to a few missions but the one that sticks in my mind is the one featuring Veres in Kings Row

Make sure you have the appropriate chat channels added to your chat window. I'd have to check but they're named something like "NPC Cutscene"

Edit: Checked. It's "NPC Dialogue" and "Cutscene Captions"

Edited by Frostbiter
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Pizza (Pepperoni) 1

Torchbearer

Discount Heroes SG:

Frostbiter - Ice/Ice Blaster

Throneblade - Broadsword/Dark Armor Brute

Silver Mantra - Martial Arts/Electric Armor Scrapper

3 hours ago, Frostbiter said:

Make sure you have the appropriate chat channels added to your chat window. I'd have to check but they're named something like "NPC Cutscene"

Edit: Checked. It's "NPC Dialogue" and "Cutscene Captions"

Thanks, I'll give it a try

Water Wench - Water/Ice (Reunion)

Kiri Otoshi - Brute/Invulnerability (Reunion)

5 hours ago, waltuski said:

I've fiddled with my audio settings but I can't seem to get them to work unfortunately 

They make this strange grinding teeth sound, accompanied by long nailed fingers drumming on a desk.  So odd.

• Haha 1
  • Microphone 1

I'm generally on Discord with my friends while I'm playing.

Every time we get a cutscene a friend of mine does funny voices for the various speakers. His "voice over" of the Frostfire cutscene is hilarious!

• Like 1

"It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire posts, the posts become warning points. It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion."

Being constantly offended doesn't mean you're right, it means you're too narcissistic to tolerate opinions different than your own.

1 hour ago, Skyhawke said:

In my head, they do. Veles sounds like Dr Claw from Inspector Gadget.

In mine he sounds like the Russian mob dude in John Wick 1.  Morana sounds like Yelena Belova and Chernobog is like Ivan Drago in Rocky IV.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Pizza (Pepperoni) 1

Girls of Nukem High - Excelsior - Tempus Fabulous, Flattery, Jennifer Chilly, Betty Beatdown, Totally Cali, Two Gun Trixie

Babes of War - Excelsior - Di Di Guns, Runeslinger, Munitions Mistress, Tideway, Hard Melody, Blue Aria

Several alts and of course my original from live on Freedom, OG High Beam (someone else has her non OG name)

Chernobog sounds like a cross between the stereotypical Russian mobster and Minsc from DnD, to me.  😄

• Haha 2

Sky-Hawke: Rad/WP Brute

Alts galore. So...soooo many alts.

Originally Pinnacle Server, then Indomitable and now Excelsior

12 minutes ago, Skyhawke said:

Chernobog sounds like a cross between the stereotypical Russian mobster and Minsc from DnD, to me.  😄

OMG!  Now I cannot unhear it!  Go for the Eyes Boo!

• Haha 2

Girls of Nukem High - Excelsior - Tempus Fabulous, Flattery, Jennifer Chilly, Betty Beatdown, Totally Cali, Two Gun Trixie

Babes of War - Excelsior - Di Di Guns, Runeslinger, Munitions Mistress, Tideway, Hard Melody, Blue Aria

Several alts and of course my original from live on Freedom, OG High Beam (someone else has her non OG name)

1 hour ago, PeregrineFalcon said:

Every time we get a cutscene a friend of mine does funny voices for the various speakers. His "voice over" of the Frostfire cutscene is hilarious!

To be fair, that cutscene has awesome dialog.

Frostfire: "I used to be like you.  I thought things were simple."

Lackey: "Yeah, simple."

Frostfire: "Shut up, you moron!"

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Thumbs Up 1

Originally on Infinity.  I have Ironblade on every shard.  -  My only AE arc:  The Origin of Mark IV  (ID 48002)

Link to the story of Toggle Man, since I keep having to track down my original post.