AI Generative Art

sbloyd

4 minutes ago, Player2 said:

Not quite the same, but I found OpenArt.ai which has an app to transform art (or game images) into more realistic photo quality images.

Here's my favorite defender, Windy Skye... the base image I used from the game and how OpenArt interpreted it:

V5zXmN2.jpg Uxln1tZ.png

Now that’s cool.

I did upscale a screenshot of my character Li’l Thor, which was pretty impressive, but for some reason it left the face alone. Sure made his hammer shiny, though!

• Like 1

15 hours ago, ThaOGDreamWeaver said:

Trying out PlaygroundAI's RealVis XL settings...

...and Captain Thunder - oddly, the hardest one to instruct on (not least "how do I remove the weird spoiler thing from the back?)

But other than that... yep. We like.

a-photorealistic-middle-distance-still-of-a-male-superhero-in-full-white-body-armour-with-blue-decal.thumb.jpg.ed857b96fd1e011a84371e4a2cde5781.jpg

I'd really like to know how you got it to create "Fury Wings" (game's name for 'em) on the helmet.  That's been one of a crazy number of problems I've been trying to solve to do Major Ray Gunn.

11 hours ago, Player2 said:

Not quite the same, but I found OpenArt.ai which has an app to transform art (or game images) into more realistic photo quality images.

Here's my favorite defender, Windy Skye... the base image I used from the game and how OpenArt interpreted it:

V5zXmN2.jpg Uxln1tZ.png

That's really cool. Did you have to upgrade to a paid plan to use that app. I figured it was 'creative upscale' but you have to pay for that.

Today's subject, My main character who's been with me since the early days of CoH, through the close down, out the other side, and still going strong in HC.

Robot Henri, Scrapper Spines/Regen.

Bing AI text prompt as follows:

"A powerful steel blue war robot with antenna protruding at 45 degrees from it's ears, with a large metal plate forehead, with a glowing blue light in it's chest, fixing it's own leg with tools, in an untidy future workshop with lots of tools and machinery strewn around, with pink neon lighting, with a robot dog watching, with a 2000ad comic on the floor. photo realistic"

Interestingly the dog didn't always appear, or wasn't always a robot, and sometimes was a cat! 🤣

RobotHenri.jpg.ef416aa3f918ffe4c8f6410467e66910.jpg

My favourite AI representation.

RobotHenri006.thumb.jpg.dd8cdcb4a3beb26ba22ada76f51a6249.jpg

Others of note...

RobotHenri001.thumb.jpg.23d198c180ddbb4734d153f6bb99a0d5.jpgRobotHenri003.thumb.jpg.16a257e0b5391189835ffa5d1b3f61f7.jpgRobotHenri005.thumb.jpg.0442042ecca41c0a604e643481034da7.jpgRobotHenri004.thumb.jpg.9294d46b86f677c9cd4e279522628de0.jpgRobotHenri002.thumb.jpg.5c0711e42bad1a6872d6cb81963c525e.jpg

.It seems the more I clicked 'create', the more they began to look like WH40k Space Marines, until I was getting nothing but Space Marines, see last pic...

RobotHenri007.thumb.jpg.87904c4e19bfc7cc912903c9e354a73d.jpg

• Like 5
  • Thumbs Up 1

Bing AI's interpretation of my Fire/Kinetic controller Chili Fuego.

This one turned out much better than I'd hoped.  I did forgo the red fingerless gloves which, with the sneakers, kind of add to Chili's signature offbeat mix of formal and informal, but I might revisit this one when I have more time.  I tried to show the pics with the imps closest to in-game ones.  Some of the "rejects" were human-sized, and a few were hilarious like the imps with black suits and Spidey masks.

Last used description:   Jim Lee comic style Hispanic male with hair in a pony tail with goatee, with thin rectangular red-lensed glasses, with short-waisted white jacket with rolled-up black-lining sleeves over a scarlet dress shirt with green necktie with black slacks with green tuxedo stripe with red canvas sneakers with fist throwing fire with action combat pose with three small fire imps standing in ring of fire

2024_02_27_Chili_Fuego.thumb.jpg.f8b6c447922e9a47acf7c6525688c823.jpg

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Robothenri said:

That's really cool. Did you have to upgrade to a paid plan to use that app. I figured it was 'creative upscale' but you have to pay for that.

No, you get 50 free credits and can earn 100 more by joining their Discord... but you can use that feature for 2 credits each use.

3 hours ago, Player2 said:

No, you get 50 free credits and can earn 100 more by joining their Discord... but you can use that feature for 2 credits each use.

I tried it but it wouldn’t let me click through. How do you do it?

On 2/25/2024 at 2:21 AM, Trike said:

Look fellas, just watch me and you'll pick it up. The steps are easy, listen to the beat. And one, and two...

It goes a little something like this ...

..It only takes one Beanbag fan saying that they JRANGER it for the devs to revert it.

15 hours ago, Trike said:

I tried it but it wouldn’t let me click through. How do you do it?

I signed up with an email to get the 50 free credits.  Drag picture to the upload window on the left, then click the blue button that says Create.  Under the button, there's a time estimate for how long it should take and some green text indicating that you'll be charged 2 credits for the generation.

19 minutes ago, Player2 said:

I signed up with an email to get the 50 free credits.  Drag picture to the upload window on the left, then click the blue button that says Create.  Under the button, there's a time estimate for how long it should take and some green text indicating that you'll be charged 2 credits for the generation.

I think they must have changed it now, i've got 43 free credits left, but it won't let me use creative upscale unless I subscribe, you can't drag anything in and the create box is greyed out.

openart.thumb.jpg.ed0ebb79c369dc5d875186f07f40d2f1.jpg

• Thumbs Up 1

On 2/27/2024 at 4:48 AM, Techwright said:

I'd really like to know how you got it to create "Fury Wings" (game's name for 'em) on the helmet.  That's been one of a crazy number of problems I've been trying to solve to do Major Ray Gunn.

Unfortunately I've got no idea - just lucked into that particular combo. Here's the prompt:

Spoiler

Filter: RealVis XL

Prompt: A photorealistic middle distance still of a male superhero in full white body armour with blue decal details and helmet with blue visor, rocket boots, flying over a futuristic city, looking towards the viewer, firing a bolt of vivid electricity from his right hand

Exclude: ugly, deformed, noisy, blurry, distorted, out of focus, bad anatomy, extra limbs, poorly drawn face, poorly drawn hands, missing fingers

Model: Stable Diffusion XL

Guidance: 7

Quality: 30

Refinement: 10

Seed: Randomise

Sampler: DPM ++ Karras

On 2/27/2024 at 3:05 PM, Oz The Elderly Gaymer said:

Hey gang, just a reminder to include the descriptive text you used when creating your AI art.  Trust and believe, that really helps.

I'll try and remember.

Here's another take on the DW above, or as close as I can remember, using the Ominous Escape preset for Playground XL

(because it's busy right now, and the Photorealistic ones take too much queue time for free users...)

a-realistic-middle-distance-still-of-a--1950s-pinup-female-superheroine-with-black-messy-hair-with-p(3).png.6d6c29ad7338f9fe70983c02a52fa5c3.png

Here's the settings that were used:

Spoiler

Filter set: Ominous Escape

Prompt: A middle distance still of a 1950s pinup female superheroine with black messy hair with purple highlights, wearing a black leather corset with a spiderweb design, leather jeans, black boots, and a purple cape, walking through the ominous back streets of a city, Cinestill 512T

Exclude: ugly, deformed, noisy, blurry, distorted, out of focus, bad anatomy, extra limbs, poorly drawn face, poorly drawn hands, missing fingers

Size: 512x512

Attempts required for DW happiness: 7

And now with the Masterpiece preset:

a-realistic-middle-distance-still-of-a--1950s-pinup-female-superheroine-with-black-messy-hair-with-p(4).png.006971d96a4755d1de241b6b75082c35.png

Again, the thing these seem to annoy me with most are the eyes - any specific ideas for nudging the prompts not to screw those up?

Tried adding blurred eyes, mismatched eyes, distorted eyes to the exclusions but doesn't seem very reliable.

Edited by ThaOGDreamWeaver
  • Like 3

WAKE UP YA MISCREANTS AND... HEY, GET YOUR OWN DAMN SIGNATURE.

Look out for me being generally cool, stylish and funny (delete as applicable) on Excelsior.

1 hour ago, ThaOGDreamWeaver said:

Unfortunately I've got no idea - just lucked into that particular combo. Here's the prompt:

Reveal hidden contents

Filter: RealVis XL

Prompt: A photorealistic middle distance still of a male superhero in full white body armour with blue decal details and helmet with blue visor, rocket boots, flying over a futuristic city, looking towards the viewer, firing a bolt of vivid electricity from his right hand

I'll try and remember.

Here's another take on the DW above, or as close as I can remember, using the Ominous Escape preset for Playground XL

(because it's busy right now, and the Photorealistic ones take too much queue time for free users...)

a-realistic-middle-distance-still-of-a--1950s-pinup-female-superheroine-with-black-messy-hair-with-p(3).png.6d6c29ad7338f9fe70983c02a52fa5c3.png

Here's the settings that were used:

Reveal hidden contents

Filter set: Ominous Escape

Prompt: A middle distance still of a 1950s pinup female superheroine with black messy hair with purple highlights, wearing a black leather corset with a spiderweb design, leather jeans, black boots, and a purple cape, walking through the ominous back streets of a city, Cinestill 512T

Size: 512x512

Attempts required for DW happiness: 7

And now with the Masterpiece preset:

a-realistic-middle-distance-still-of-a--1950s-pinup-female-superheroine-with-black-messy-hair-with-p(4).png.006971d96a4755d1de241b6b75082c35.png

Again, the thing these seem to annoy me with most are the eyes - any specific ideas for nudging the prompts not to screw those up?

Tried adding blurred eyes, mismatched eyes, distorted eyes to the exclusions but doesn't seem very reliable.

Vibrant eyes

I was trying to do some images of Blue on PlaygroundAi, but I wasn't too thrilled with the results. However, the website's own AI modified my prompt, so I decided to take that modified prompt and run it through my own model. It has some promise, but I need to adjust the prompt more.

Close_up_of_Petite_and_slender_Japanese_superhero__Idoru__with_dark_bl_S2_St25_G11.3.jpeg

Petite_and_slender_Japanese_superhero__Idoru__with_dark_blue_twin_tail_S2883115_St100_G7.5.jpeg

Close_up_of_Petite_and_slender_Japanese_superhero__Idoru__with_dark_bl_S4_St25_G11.3.jpeg

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Robothenri said:

I think they must have changed it now, i've got 43 free credits left, but it won't let me use creative upscale unless I subscribe, you can't drag anything in and the create box is greyed out.

openart.thumb.jpg.ed0ebb79c369dc5d875186f07f40d2f1.jpg

I didn't use the Creative Upscale, I used this one:

qoW5PzL.png

• Thumbs Up 1

They will become heroes one day, but this afternoon they are having a tea party celebrating the fact they are all 10 years old.

Left to right: Little Red Riding Hood, Jack Spriggins (soon of beanstalk fame), Hansel, Peter Pan, Goldilocks, Gretel, Alice Liddle (soon to travel to Wonderland)

In front: Little Bad Cub

Red-Riding-Hood-Tea-Party2.jpg

Not what i asked for, but I can improvise: art station style, oil painting, sunny afternoon, English garden setting, children's tea party, Little Red Riding Hood age 10 with Goldilocks in green age 10 with Little Boy Blue age 10 with Alice in Wonderland age 10

• Like 3

this is fun! i usually use AI generators to do more abstract stuff. but i figured a would try this for kicks. so i made the OG Ridiculous Girl (fire/fire blaster) from live.

bing prompt: cel shaded comic book style, wide angle, very tall woman smiling, with orange hair, orange leather bustier, tight orange leather pants with a fire stripe on the sides, knee-high platform boots, standing outdoors amidst burning wreckage

OIG2.thumb.jpg.6323c5944a243634016dd892d99cee6d.jpg

i was most recently using AI art for generating images for my dreams; i don't remember the prompt, it was something like; couple, man and woman, sitting outside under a tree, it is nighttime, lit by gas lantern, with a farmhouse in the background.

_75c48c24-e6f5-4646-91b9-f279c93ec149.thumb.jpg.f450fad4aae52d849d4d803890086bb3.jpg

another dream, AI prompt: snowman sitting at table in a kitchen, drinking coffee.

_12761f66-9c66-4915-83f8-7e1e84a9bd17.thumb.jpg.3d451f4c61513480189a3dc3a4f2beb3.jpg

this all makes me want to experiment with my computer art again...

normally i do abstract mandalas using photo manipulation and some AI generation supplementing the abstractions... i have been using movie stills as a seed image.

seed photo: from Dune

9070aegi1mv71.thumb.webp.04ecf2269b7b6310c34f77c16442bffd.webp

initial mandala:

imageedit_10_4429690087symmetricalmirrormandalaseed2.thumb.jpg.b9e7af7498a001c24e4a8bc0338b3011.jpg

final image (that i could find)

imageedit_149_6143554800.thumb.jpg.1b6c7864d7574c5c79c5de60b381694d.jpg

thank you for getting me addicted again! 😄

• Like 3

"I'm not crazy, my reality is just different than yours" the Cheshire Cat

"Ce n'est rien de mourir; c'est affreux de ne pas vivre"

(It's nothing to die, it's terrible not to live) Jean Valjean

"وطن المرء ليس مكان ولادته و لكنه المكان الذي تنتهي فيه كل محاولاته للهروب”

(Home is not where you were born, home is where all your attempts to escape cease.) Naguib Mahfouz

An attempt to interpret Dr. Nightlight.

On the one hand, some of the result were rather cool, I'll hand it to the A.I. for that.  On the other hand, there were lots and lots of problems I had to fight the A.I. over this time:

1. I sacrificed a freebee to see if the Bing AI understood what I meant by "Geritt van Honthorst art style".  Van Honthort is among my favorite painters, as is all the Dutch art school known as the "Candlelight Painters" for his ability to bring a feeling of life and warmth to candle-lit scenes.  Bing A.I. clearly understood, as evidenced by the single pic of a character holding a candle in the last row.  However, I could not get Bing A.I. to take what it clearly knew and apply it to the other creations.  Very frustrating.

2. Bing A.I. has a real problem with creating too much light.  I tried a variety of words to try to scale it back, but in scome cases, it chose to shine more brightly.  This was exceptionally frustrating as Dr. Nightlight, by concept, is suppose to be a sole light source at times.  Everything in the shot should reflect his light and the A.I. was constantly putting in alternate light sources (some without sources, just light) that was dramatically reducing the night vs. light impact.

3. Dr. Nightlight is supposed to not have his visage seen.  There should be no chin or nose definition, only the glowing eyes.  Think Star Wars Jawas.  The A.I. seemed to balk at this, and even with a full hood was trying to put eyes or nose in.  Only a few times did I achieve the effect and of those, even less with the glowing eyes.

4. Costume elements: Almost from the start, the A.I. refused to give me a black chain mail vest and a black silk Corsair's sash.  It did relent once or twice, and I've have examples here, but by in large it read "chain mail" and interpreted as "full medieval armor" giving the character a faceplate, breastplate, grieves and many other features.  Rarely did it give out the sash either.  It liked to use leather belts.  Lots of leather belts at times. Eidolons should be so lucky.  It also started shredding the cloak edge unbiddened.  I thought the good doctor was turning into Ragman for a moment.

There were a few that got closer to what I asked than the rest.  I've included those amongst this selection.

Most recent description:  Geritt van Honthorst art style, black background, floating athletic male hero all in matte-finish coal-black, hood hiding head in complete darkness except for eyes glowing gold-white, cover-the-shoulders clean-edged cloak, tight very black chain-mail across torso, round very bright glow from center of chest, loose black silk sash around waist, matte-black tight knee-high boots with knee guard, black elbow-length gloves,  faintly backlit by candlelight

2024_03_01_Dr_Nightlight.thumb.jpg.692078c3976a1a4f984ad6b51ceb3746.jpg

• Like 4

I tried out Artbreeder after a long time away. They have an interesting tool with control net and face swapping. This is cool because I got to use the face I made for Blue on the same site several years ago. I still have to get decent face swapping to work on my computer.

artbreeder-poser (23).jpg

artbreeder-poser (20).jpg

artbreeder-poser (14).jpg

artbreeder-poser (13).jpg

artbreeder-poser (12).jpg

artbreeder-poser (10).jpg

artbreeder-poser (9).jpg

artbreeder-poser (7).jpg

artbreeder-poser (4).jpg

• Like 5

So I gathered all my favourite Bing outputs of Horizon Twilight, and am having Stable Diffusion process them.  I'm interested in seeing what it does with it in the morning.

Horizon Twilight, The Chernobyl Effect, XLR Mk8, Dodgeball, and a host of other alts all hanging out on Everlasting.

On 3/2/2024 at 10:34 PM, sbloyd said:

So I gathered all my favourite Bing outputs of Horizon Twilight, and am having Stable Diffusion process them.  I'm interested in seeing what it does with it in the morning.

Well THAT didn't work out.  It super-stylized the outputs. Weird.

Horizon Twilight, The Chernobyl Effect, XLR Mk8, Dodgeball, and a host of other alts all hanging out on Everlasting.

Odd question: anyone got a good formula description for someone holding a Reaper type scythe? For another hobby project I'm working on (building my own Tarot deck...)

WAKE UP YA MISCREANTS AND... HEY, GET YOUR OWN DAMN SIGNATURE.

Look out for me being generally cool, stylish and funny (delete as applicable) on Excelsior.