If you wanted new powers what would it be?

Posted (edited)
On 1/27/2024 at 12:25 PM, Snarky said:

A melee set that is basically a blend of SS and Energy Melee.  Super Strength animations and sounds, but Energy Melee mechanics and NO crash

That sounds so badass lol. My dream melee set.

Edited by Azari

Maybe something for fun but a food power set. Also was mentioned before but since there is tmnt type weapons would like to see a nunchuck powerset. 

"For the Monte Clan!"

1 hour ago, Moe Monte said:

would like to see a nunchuck powerset

👍

Mini-Bruce-Lee-nunchucks.gif

If someone posts a reply quoting me and I don't reply, they may be on ignore.

(It seems I'm involved with so much at this point that I may not be able to easily retrieve access to all the notifications)

Some players know that I have them on ignore and are likely to make posts knowing that is the case.

But the fact that I have them on ignore won't stop some of them from bullying and harassing people, because some of them love to do it. There is a group that have banded together to target forum posters they don't like. They think that this behavior is acceptable.

Ignore (in the forums) and /ignore (in-game) are tools to improve your gaming experience. Don't feel bad about using them.

Blast powerset that's stretchy-arm punches and a few kicks. Yes I know distorting the model will make the animations will look jank as fuck. If you even got them to work at all with a model rig not designed for it. But yes I still want it. Plastic Man, Mr. Fantastic, Elasti-Girl, it's a classic.

A wizard-y MM with living spells and such like the Animus Arcana enemies. Ball of light/fire, animated weapons, etc. Non-pet attacks can shoot fireballs or such. [Paul Dukas plays]

Posted (edited)

Range, control, and or support throwing sets: shuriken (so not limited to Scrapper epics and Dom assault), grenades, bolos, etc.

Master Minds Primaries: With some type of female centric pets, fantasy based races pets and elemental base pets.

Melee Set: With various enhancement combat options like dual pistols ammo types.

Also why not, give me some Dual Gunblades Assault for Doms with no redraw!!!!

Edited by Old Dirty Blaster

On 6/6/2024 at 3:57 PM, Old Dirty Blaster said:

Master Minds Primaries: With some type of female centric pets, fantasy based races pets and elemental base pets.

If they could iron-out MM pet customization, they would "solve" so many requests & powerset suggestions...

Posted (edited)

I want more MM primaries. They have the fewest in the entire game, with only 7 to choose from.

Some stuff that would fit the "non-world-specific" theme of MMs while using in-game assets:

Elementals -- fire imps for tier-1, lightning and ice elemental for tier-2, earth elemental for tier-3

Spirits -- coalesced spirits for tier-1, formed impressions for tier-2, enraged spectre for tier-3 (thees are all First Ward mob types)

Mythical -- will o wisps for tier-1, tuatha champions for tier-2, redcap fiend for tier-3

If you start using Paragon/RI-specific enemy groups for pets, there would be dozens of potential set options.

Longbow, Arachnos, Family, Sky Raiders, Hellions, Skulls, Outcasts, Trolls, Warriors, Freakshow, etc etc etc.

Edited by WumpusRat

Blanca (SF2) style roll charge at a target at range. 

Although not a "new"power, new effects like finishing moves. Like, doing an uppercut that kills a target does like an SF2 dragon punch that does some aoe to close mobs. Or if a mob is frozen on kill hit, they explode and ice shards  hurt enemies at close range. A fire hit causes a mob to explodein flames and hurts close range. With claws, a kill hit slices them in half. Things like that.

On 6/1/2024 at 8:59 PM, Herotu said:

Staff Blast

A blaster set that uses Staves and Wands, like the Nemesis Staff is used at the moment. 

- It doesn't suit only magic origin characters, but also others, for example: there are already Vanguard techno-"mages".

- Choice of staff/wand costume parts.

It could be implemented in several ways.

I have previously pondered the feasibility of an overhaul to powersets that would involve choosing a visual source for your power effects (hand, pistol, wand, etc) at character creation. That would make this suggestion moot, but considering that it will never happen, I propose the following.

Either;

• One powerset with lots of different damage types on different powers, or
  • One powerset per damage type. This could take for years and years and thus is much less feasible, or
  • Switchable damage types via a power like the Dual Pistols damage type power, "Swap Ammo". The downside to this, I suspect, is sound effects, which I don't think can change?

Not exactly true, animations can have multiple triggers attached to it, similar to draw/activate, attack, hit, etc. The power would need to be built with triggers that identify which "ammo" is in use at the time and call to the appropriate sfx, similar to how Dual Pistol's Suppressive Fire will apply different hit sfx depending on which ammo is active.. The attack itself does not sound different, but when the target is hit there will be a change in the hit sfx. Depending on one's audio setting or perhaps even closeness to the target, folks may not even hear it, granted with all of the shooting going on folks may not notice it regardless.

• Like 1

Dislike certain sounds? Silence/Modify specific sounds. Looking for modified whole powerset sfx?

Check out Michiyo's modder or Solerverse's thread.  Got a punny character? You should share it.

On 6/8/2024 at 7:34 PM, WumpusRat said:

I want more MM primaries. They have the fewest in the entire game, with only 7 to choose from.

Some stuff that would fit the "non-world-specific" theme of MMs while using in-game assets:

Elementals -- fire imps for tier-1, lightning and ice elemental for tier-2, earth elemental for tier-3

Spirits -- coalesced spirits for tier-1, formed impressions for tier-2, enraged spectre for tier-3 (thees are all First Ward mob types)

Mythical -- will o wisps for tier-1, tuatha champions for tier-2, redcap fiend for tier-3

If you start using Paragon/RI-specific enemy groups for pets, there would be dozens of potential set options.

Longbow, Arachnos, Family, Sky Raiders, Hellions, Skulls, Outcasts, Trolls, Warriors, Freakshow, etc etc etc.

It's not a strict one for one comparison, but most MM primaries have a matching ranged power. 

Ranged set MM Primary

Archery

Ninjas

Assault Rifle Mercs
Beam Rifle Robots
Dark Blast Necro
Dual Pistols Thugs
Electrical Blast  
Energy Blast  
Fire Blast  
Ice Blast  
Psychic Blast  
Radiation Blast  
Seismic Blast  
Sonic Attack  
Storm Blast  
Water Blast  
  Beasts
  Demons

Not that all the blanks need to be filled, but I think it shows there's a lot of room to pick a set; take ranged powers X, Y, and Z; add three pets, their enhance powers, and a T9. Boom. New MM Primary.

5 hours ago, Random Axis said:

Not that all the blanks need to be filled, but I think it shows there's a lot of room to pick a set; take ranged powers X, Y, and Z; add three pets, their enhance powers, and a T9. Boom. New MM Primary.

MM primaries are more about the pets than the MM's personal attacks.

Not only that, but the Dual Pistol and Beam Rifle sets were created after the MM sets were established.

So the devs basically took the pistol attacks from Thugs and created a whole set based around it.

Same with Beam Rifle.

And honestly, I'd much rather the Ninja personal attacks be shuriken than bows. None of the ninjas use a bow. But they do all have shuriken.

9 hours ago, Ravenplume said:

How about propagating the Demon MM's "whip assault" to some of the other controllery ATs...and possibly Sentinel as well?

I've been saying that for years. It would obsolete my petless MM, but an Elemental Whip set would be fantastic.

6 hours ago, WumpusRat said:

MM primaries are more about the pets than the MM's personal attacks.

Not only that, but the Dual Pistol and Beam Rifle sets were created after the MM sets were established.

So the devs basically took the pistol attacks from Thugs and created a whole set based around it.

Same with Beam Rifle.

And honestly, I'd much rather the Ninja personal attacks be shuriken than bows. None of the ninjas use a bow. But they do all have shuriken.

Ranged sets originating as mastermind primaries only make that thematic link stronger that MM primaries are ranged attacks with pets. My point is that saying "I want pet X" is a suggestion that will never go anywhere since all you've done is come up with the names of three powers in a set. If you don't know what the rest of the set should have, why should the devs have to do that homework for you? Taking an existing set and kitbashing it into a new one makes it easier for the suggester to include all nine powers and suggests how to implement it since the three attacks would already have animations and such.

20 hours ago, Random Axis said:

My point is that saying "I want pet X" is a suggestion that will never go anywhere since all you've done is come up with the names of three powers in a set. If you don't know what the rest of the set should have, why should the devs have to do that homework for you? Taking an existing set and kitbashing it into a new one makes it easier for the suggester to include all nine powers and suggests how to implement it since the three attacks would already have animations and such.

You're not "taking an existing set and kitbashing it into a new one" by suggesting a ranged blast set for a MM primary.

The pets are the primary function of a MM set. The ranged attacks are secondary. 

It astounds me that you think it's somehow more work to add three attacks to a MM primary that can fit the theme of it than to come up with various pets that serve as a cohesive theme. Yeah, I didn't plot out all nine powers in a set. Mostly because the chance of MM primaries being added AT ALL is slim to none, if we're being perfectly honest. The devs don't seem to have any real interest in adding new MM primaries. They barely have any interest in updating the three sets that didn't get overhauled with their MM pass they did nearly two years ago at this point.

But given that the main function of a MM is to have pets, suggesting possible themed groups of them may have some tiny chance of sparking interest in one of the devs. Saying "yeah, make a MM set around electrical blast" doesn't do anything, since you'd be dumping two thirds of the set anyway, and most of the powers that make a blast set unique are NOT the two tier-1 single-target attacks and the weak aoe. 

If I were going to put together an actual suggestion for a MM set, I'd do it in the suggestions forum, not the "it would be neat if we could someday have something like this" thread in general.