If you wanted new powers what would it be?

The VEATs of Arachnos Soldier and Widow seem to have some Stalker-y options with Crab Spider and Night Widow (and whatever the Crab Spider and Fortunata are meant to be...), but I'd love one based on the Mu Mystics, but splitting off into Adepts and Mystics, with one having some Blastery/Controllery options and the other being more Blastery/Defendery (using healing options from the electric set, and perhaps some sort of team power buff similar to the empathy aura).

• Like 1

Random idea: Savage Control

Premise: Your controls powers are various animals and insects, for example throwing bees at somebody's face to disorient them, sending an elephant to charge forward and trample a whole mob (knockdown), giant boa constrictor to hold a target, etc. 

Closed Beta Discord Invite: https://discord.gg/DptUBzh

8 hours ago, FupDup said:

Random idea: Savage Control

Premise: Your controls powers are various animals and insects, for example throwing bees at somebody's face to disorient them, sending an elephant to charge forward and trample a whole mob (knockdown), giant boa constrictor to hold a target, etc. 

Great idea!

I also like a Shapeshifter/changer Powerset for Melee

Where you turn into different beasts depending on attack (and the different forms have different passives)

Examples:

Tiger Swipe

Turn into a Bipedal WereTiger and Swipe in a cone in front of you. Great Damage (cone) and does Bleed (DoT)-damage.

While in Tiger form all attacks do +15 % extra damage and have a chance to do a small dot.

Rhino Tackle

Turn into a Rhino that charges (either Targetted AOE och Location AOE (that you place)) to the Location/Target and Knocks back/down every target in the path.

While in Rhino-form you take 15 % less damage from Smashing/Lethal and your attacks have a chance to Knockback/down.

Gorilla Pound

Turn into a Gorilla , jump up a bit and Smash your Fists down into the Ground

PBaoE that knocks enemies down and cause them to become disoriented/stunned.

While in Gorilla-form all attacks have a chance to disorient enemies.

More animals can be added

And there are also Melee attacks that do not "shift" you, so you can stay in preferred form for as long as you like, but if you are in Gorilla and do Tiger Swipe, you change into Tiger-form.

--

Another idea is to have the Animal-forms as Toggles a la Lethal, Fire, Poison-toggles on Dual Pistols, where the attacks themselves don't change you, but you gain different passives depending on form.

• Thumbs Up 1

Psy Armor For all melee classes and Sentinel - Based on Absorbtion powers and CC like Fear and -ACC debuff. Could be something along the line of:
- Passive Absorb
- Active Absorb that adds a shield of X amount for some time

- Heal power (reconstruction type)
- Fear Aura
- Debuff ACC & Dmg Aura

- some more stuff

Poision/Venom Offensive set. So we have a secondary set, that is so-so. But a DoT and debuff offensive set would be really great, both for melee and ranged.

• Like 1

I'm in the shapeshifting boat. But what I'd like is a variety of forms to pick from based on attacks or situation. Not just one form that you are stuck in for everything. Or maybe have it where some attacks temporarily switch you into a form that you stay in until the next form change attack is cast. Maybe that's too complicated, but I'd at least like to see custom forms and rapid shifting during fights.

Shield Offense
"You have mastered using a shield as a weapon, and not just a defensive tool. Shield Offense provides a variety of tricky melee attacks with a few ranged options. Many Shield Offense attacks grant stacks of Best Defense. Each stack of this buffs grants a small defensive buff. Best Defense can be maintained, or it can be consumed to empower certain attacks." (Shield Charge from Shield Defense will also grant stacks of Best Defense, and engaging foes with activated toggle powers from Shield Defense has a small chance of generating stacks of Best Defense) (Same power exclusion as Shield Defense)

+ Shield Bash (minor melee smashing + knockdown)
+ Shield Slash (moderate melee lethal + knockback)
+ Shield Throw (ranged smashing + disorient)
+ Hunker Down (self buff)
+ Spinning Shield (high melee AoE lethal)
+ Hit Me! (Taunt)
+ Resonating Shield (moderate melee AoE smashing + reduce resistance)
+ Clang! (light ranged smashing + stun)
+ Bouncing Shield (Superior ranged AoE smashing/lethal + knockdown/disorient)

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Teleportation Melee

Super Speed Melee

Magnetism Control

Probability Manipulation

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Global Handle: @Future Force Warrior

Level 50s: Operative Grantz (Pure Bane/Mace Mastery), Dr. Eisenfield (Gravity/Time/Mu), Air Liquide (Ice/Kin/Soul), Vantablack Stare (Illusion/Traps/Ice), Medic 2004 (Empathy/Energy/Soul)

All on Everlasting

Phantasmal Force mastermind. Six identical-seemimg versions of oneself. Based off of Illusion Control's Phantom Army. Mix of melee and ranged, using elemental attacks. MM attacks are elemental too. Mix of resists and defense. 

The T7 summons a bunch of phantasmal clones that chain around attacking things (smashing into them) or healing minions/MM (reintegration), depending on what they target.

• Like 1

@Force Redux on Everlasting

----- (read my guide) -----

Gather the Shadows: A Dark Miasma Primer for Masterminds

I'd love an Enhanced Senses power pool.

- Perception debuff resistance and +Perception

- Accuracy bonus, or maybe a "Find Weakness" style res debuff?

But mainly for...

- Find enemies click power that adds all nearby enemies to the minimap as red arrows (Tier 2)

- Find Glowies click power that adds all glowies to the minimap (Tier 3)

Have some power customisations to make it look like Telepathy, X-Ray Vision etc.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Telekinetic Blast - some powers would like Gravity Control's Propel but have their own list of random objects the game uses instead of just one big list of everything.  The weakest attack has the smallest objects, and the most powerful has the biggest.  Throw in Lift (from Mind Control), Mass Levitate (Psionic Melee), and Repulsion Bolt (Force Field) for diversity... so you can throw enemies around as well as throwing objects.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

3 hours ago, Player2 said:

Telekinetic Blast - some powers would like Gravity Control's Propel but have their own list of random objects the game uses instead of just one big list of everything.  The weakest attack has the smallest objects, and the most powerful has the biggest.  Throw in Lift (from Mind Control), Mass Levitate (Psionic Melee), and Repulsion Bolt (Force Field) for diversity... so you can throw enemies around as well as throwing objects.

Throwing enemies… at other enemies!

An Astrophysics themed power set might be cool... 

• drop a temporary singularity that collects enemies and crushes them
  • quantum tunneling as a short range teleport
  • graviton nova - pushback
  • throw a singularity that drags enemies away from you and collects them as it flies along its path
  • graviton fist - force bolt
  • static field - arcs to random enemies around you
  • superposition - projects clones or decoys of you
  • pulsar - drops a mini neutron star that spins and beams everything around it with EM damage
  • kuiper event - drop a comet on someone you don't like

This would be sort of a hybrid combat and crowd control set ... others would like you clustering bad guys for their AOE attacks.

A Flying set maybe? - set built around enabling you to effectively fight mobs while in flying mode

• strafe - you fly by blasting a line with smg fire
  • claw - grab a target, lift and drop it on others, causing smash damage to everyone
  • slice - fly through enemies doing lethal damage to everyone in a line
  • whirlwind - circle enemies, taunting and debuffing to-hit for a while
  • divebomb - crash down from high delivering a blastwave on landing

Edited by Slayde

A Carnie MasterMind that summons a set of pets from lowly Attendants to Master Illusionists, with powerups that can upgrade the pets from Strongman to Dark Ring Mistress.

Of course pets would have limited powers unlike the NPC class.

Tarot Mastermind

1st summons I, II and III of Swords, low tier broadsword wielders, two male, one female.  They have really good leaping ability (equal to the Prestige travel), and after the first buff can hover, and the second buff can fly.  If you right-click on the power when multiple X of Swords are summoned, a pop up offers the option 'Knight of Swords,' and if you click it, the two or three minions at -2 level merge into a single minion at -1 (if there were two) or +0 (if there were three).  This single minion has Dual Wield (and an extra sword on his back, if there were three of them).

2nd summons, first person is the Queen of Cups, a woman holding a chalice that she uses to produce a water blast that knocks foes away from her (but does minimal damage), or splashes on other minions or the MM to heal wounds or debuffs (as if she's applying a Break Free, Respite and / or Catch a Breath Inspiration).  Second person is the King of Pentacles, holding a mace with a pentacle head and a pentacle disk in his other hand that he uses to target allies to give them a Stone defense buff, or foes to trap them in a pentacle on the ground that acts like the beginning Earth Control immobilize effect.  After the second buff, the Queen can also resurrect other minions, but not other allies (or the MM, or herself) as if using a wakie inspiration.  After the second buff the King's earth control pentacles can Hold a target, not just Immobilize them.

3rd summons, the Ace of Wands, a rangy youth with pale skin and red hair, dressed more like a farmer than a wizard, with a staff of wood that is irregular and not at all weapon like.  He starts with the basic Fire Blaster single-target blasts, and after the first buff, adds Fireball and Thernal procs to both his weapon and those of his allies, and after the second buff, also adds a Thermal defense to them, and the Rain of Fire and Breath Fire (through his staff, not his mouth) powers to himself.

Your own MM attacks include

1st attack -  you hold up a card with three swords on it, and three broadswords appear over your hand fly thunk, thunk, thunk into an enemy.

2nd attack - you hold up a card with a fiery wand on it, and produce a blast of fire that leaves the target on fire.  If you hit them with this fiery blast again while they are still on fire from a previous hit, an explosion like a Fireball occurs.

3rd attack - you hold up a card with a pentacle and if targeting an ally, they get a temporary Stone Armor defense, and if targeting an enemy, they are Immobilized (Held, in the case of Minions).

Special - you hold up a card with a cup, and the ally you have targeted is affected by the following Inspirations; Awaken, Break Free, Catch a Breath and Respite.  Long recharge.

• Like 1

On 2/5/2024 at 11:09 AM, Azari said:

Plot Armor powerset

For example, the trope of the clumsy “lucky” hero who always accidentally manages to barely slip out of the way of danger. 

35 minutes ago, Aisynia said:

Stars/Constellation based control/support sets.

Do you mean that your character would literally summon/manifest typical depictions of the constellations or astrological signs, or just some sort of "celestial" phenomena?

A blaster power suit set with gun/laser options like Ironman or War Machine. So shoulder machine gun or back mounted missile launcher. Chest mounted laser, wrist rockets and so on.  Or maybe just being able to slot up set like that? Would be a lot of work though.

On 2/5/2024 at 10:30 AM, lolcritrockets said:

Shield Offense
"You have mastered using a shield as a weapon, and not just a defensive tool. Shield Offense provides a variety of tricky melee attacks with a few ranged options. Many Shield Offense attacks grant stacks of Best Defense. Each stack of this buffs grants a small defensive buff. Best Defense can be maintained, or it can be consumed to empower certain attacks." (Shield Charge from Shield Defense will also grant stacks of Best Defense, and engaging foes with activated toggle powers from Shield Defense has a small chance of generating stacks of Best Defense) (Same power exclusion as Shield Defense)

+ Shield Bash (minor melee smashing + knockdown)
+ Shield Slash (moderate melee lethal + knockback)
+ Shield Throw (ranged smashing + disorient)
+ Hunker Down (self buff)
+ Spinning Shield (high melee AoE lethal)
+ Hit Me! (Taunt)
+ Resonating Shield (moderate melee AoE smashing + reduce resistance)
+ Clang! (light ranged smashing + stun)
+ Bouncing Shield (Superior ranged AoE smashing/lethal + knockdown/disorient)

Probably wants some punches and kicks in there.  Maybe a combo move.

But yeah, definitely want to do the frisbee thing.

2 hours ago, Slayde said:

Probably wants some punches and kicks in there.  Maybe a combo move.

But yeah, definitely want to do the frisbee thing.

Unfortunately, I think the frisbee thing is a little too specific to Captain America that the legal difficulties it could pose for anyone using it with a patriotic themed character could be a challenge to the Captain America trademark stuff.  This happened with the Fighting American comic which was pretty much a Captain America knockoff, shield and all.  The character's look and story were different enough that the lawsuit didn't end the comic, but afterwards Fighting American could no longer throw his shield.

Yes, it could be used by non-patriotic themed characters... but that faces the same scrutiny as allowing the name Thor (public domain mythology) into the permissible names pool.  Sure, it may be legal for anyone else to use (as long as they aren't publishing a comic book by the same name, which Marvel owns the rights to)... but why worry about whether or not anyone who gets the name will end up using it to make a Marvel knockoff instead of their own version of Thor?

I would say if its one thing this game is lacking in power its a magic based one, sure you can make them look close but in my opinion we could use a little more of a magic based looking power beyond the arcane bolt lol. I personally would love to see a melee magic based power where you can change the colors, as to what? Well I think perhaps a multi magic transforming weapon of some kind, or just an arcane sword type I emphasize changing colors because all of the weapon powers are limited to the default color of the attack.

There aren't any voodoo powers aside from maybe necromancy so I think some voodoo inspired powers would be cool. I was also inspired by this video below 

It looks like it's from another server however but I think something like this would be pretty cool.. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

Toxic Control:

• Narcotic dart (ST Foe Inmob) - You throw a jeringe that injects paralitic poison to your target
  • Nerve Agent (ST Foe Hold) - You crash a nerve gas flask to the floor causing the victim to stay in shock for a few seconds
  • Arsenic Blower (Ranged Targeted AoE Inmob) - You activate your gas blower spreading a toxic cloud to NPCs causing a nerve shock inmobilizing the entire group
  • Corrosive Fluid (Toggle PBAoE - Slow - Res) - You surround yourself with toxic wastes crating a dense fluid around you slowing and weakening foes close to you
  • Toxin Trap (Place - PBAoe - Fear) - You place a vaporizer spreading a fear toxin affecting all foes in range
  • Barrel Spill (Ranged Targeted AoE Knockdown - Slow - Res) - You throw a barrel causing a toxic pool around a group of foes. The floor becomes slippery knocking all NPCs in area.
  • Ether Alkaloid (Cone Foe Sleep - Slow - Res) - You throw several flask to the ground spreading ether fiumes in a group of foes sleeping all the NPCs around
  • Sulfide Bomb (PBAoE Foe Hold - Slow - Res) - You throw a Sulfide canister paralyzing and holding a entire group of foes
  • Radioactive Creature (Summon Pet - Melee -ST Hold - Slow - Res) - Yous summon a toxic monster that holds and attacks foes in range

This is a rough draft of a control set i would like to see someday in game. 

• Thumbs Left 1

9 hours ago, serxiom said:

Toxic Control:

• Narcotic dart (ST Foe Inmob) - You throw a jeringe that injects paralitic poison to your target
  • Nerve Agent (ST Foe Hold) - You crash a nerve gas flask to the floor causing the victim to stay in shock for a few seconds
  • Arsenic Blower (Ranged Targeted AoE Inmob) - You activate your gas blower spreading a toxic cloud to NPCs causing a nerve shock inmobilizing the entire group
  • Corrosive Fluid (Toggle PBAoE - Slow - Res) - You surround yourself with toxic wastes crating a dense fluid around you slowing and weakening foes close to you
  • Toxin Trap (Place - PBAoe - Fear) - You place a vaporizer spreading a fear toxin affecting all foes in range
  • Barrel Spill (Ranged Targeted AoE Knockdown - Slow - Res) - You throw a barrel causing a toxic pool around a group of foes. The floor becomes slippery knocking all NPCs in area.
  • Ether Alkaloid (Cone Foe Sleep - Slow - Res) - You throw several flask to the ground spreading ether fiumes in a group of foes sleeping all the NPCs around
  • Sulfide Bomb (PBAoE Foe Hold - Slow - Res) - You throw a Sulfide canister paralyzing and holding a entire group of foes
  • Radioactive Creature (Summon Pet - Melee -ST Hold - Slow - Res) - Yous summon a toxic monster that holds and attacks foes in range

This is a rough draft of a control set i would like to see someday in game. 

My first thought was that I'd like to see such a set without the syringes and darts, just flinging or spitting poison (un)naturally, but that brings up another point.

I'd love for various powers to have some alternate appearances to suit different Origin types, not just weapon sets or tintable colors, but an option to set your 'Poison' attacks to come from gadgets like syringes and dart guns, or delivered by thrown knives or crossbows (like how the Vazhilok do it), *or* without 'tech', so some alternate art for, say,, Traps, where you are creating organic pods from your own alien/mutant body, or casting magical runes or setting down mystical artifacts to maintain the effects (for the Triage beacon), or using a magic wand or potion, or conjuring a familiar creature or unleashing a small golem, instead of a seeker drone.

A magical character with trick arrow could have attacks that appear less like flash bombs or net grenades, and more like a writhing spider-arrow that explodes in sticky webs when it hits, or a burning chunk of the sun applied to an arrow to create a flash arrow.  Something more fitting that magical Origin.

But that's just insane amounts of art assets, so I prefer to propose ideas where they can recycle as much art as possible.  (Hence all the ideas for MMs based on Hellions, Skulls, Council, Outcasts, etc. since the art is already in-game.)

Another notion about a Toxic Control set is that with just some color tweaking, it could be corrosive acid,, or some other dangerous liquid, and not poison!

• Like 1