If you wanted new powers what would it be?

For me since i like music and pets, I would like to see backup dancers or singers for support.
--
Edit: Ideas for new pet type and Luck power sets.

An Law Enforcer set of powers:  (Parallel to Thugs)

1. Handcuffs - Stun (To be edited)
2. Summon 2 Rookie Law Enforcers - Pets
3. Stun Grenade 
4. Enforcement Training - Buff

5. Call for Back-up - Summon 4 Heavily Armed Riot members or 8 Law Enforcers for a limited time.
6.  Gear up ( Arm pets with some riot gear)
7.  Summon Enforcer Agent armed with pistols with the ability to call for back-up. ( Summon 8 police officers or 4 Heavily Armored Riot Squad)

A Luck Based Powerset that deals damage using various types of damage depending on chance. 
Special choice set : Choose either a set type of damage or random type damage.

1:  Shuffle Attack * Deals light to heavy random type damage to an enemy to a random debuff.
2: Stroke of Luck " Heals an Ally and gives a random Buff.

3: Entropy Roll* An AoE  that deals random debuffs and random type damage to enemies.

4: Karma's Kiss. * A cone AoE that affect a group of enemies with a random debuff.

5: Dice Play * An AoE that uses infamy to deal light to heavy random type damage on enemies 

6: Risky Roulette * A Large AoE that effects both allies and enemies, giving 6 buffs or/and debuffs to each participant. (buffs and debuff will last 6 minutes. 

7: Lucky 7s * Gives Team 7 random buffs. ( Buffs are random for each ally and will last 7 minutes. )

Luck based Mastermind pets.

1:  Summon Game Host/Hostess - Will Deal random type Damage or Heal based off probabilty from 10%-50% once every 7 minutes. 
2: Rig the Tables . - Buffs Pet
3.  Card Shuffle - Deals light to heavy attacks on a group of enemies
4. Summon Dealer -  Will deal buffs to allies or debuffs based of probabilty 
5. Summon Muse - Will heal and buff allies
6. The House Wins - Buffs Pets Stats and effects from cone to self AoE
7. Summon the Game Master - Affects odds of Host and Dealer to do Damage as well as summon 3 Security Detail with guns.

Edited by darcstarmerc
Making edits to power sets idea and corrections.
  • Like 3

A whip set where with a “swap ammo” effect, allowing me to switch between damage types.

A swingline travel power.

Varied animation on the hurl power. I want to throw generators, forklifts and couches, like the TK trollers.:-)

• Thumbs Up 8

I have done a TON of AE work, both long form and single arc. Just search the AE mish list for my sig @cranebump. For more information on my stories, head to the AE forum sub-heading and look for “Crane’s World.” Support your AE authors! We ARE the new content.

I would seriously LOVE to be able to just sit in a bloody chair without a load of faffing around with emotes.

I would love a zip line style travel power

I would love tentacles as a power set, either ones that extend from the fingers (blocky hands in our case) or the back or torso. They would fit melee and control power sets well I think

Alternative pet models would be great, for existing pet powers, especially some of the controller sets.

I'd quite like a "Musician" MM power set. Different musicians, with various instruments, setting their grooves on enemy mobs and destroying them with the coolest of sounds! Can you dig it?

• Like 3

The Ghost Slaying Axe. The very best there is. When you absolutely, positively got to kill every motherspectre in the room, accept no substitutes.

1 hour ago, Scarlet Shocker said:

Alternative pet models would be great, for existing pet powers, especially some of the controller sets.

Clowns! Gotta have Clowns!  Elemental Spirits (non-daemonic), Bugs, and humanoid golems.  😄 

If they did an Air master - Powers: Vacuum, Wind blades/lance, Implosion, and Air Hammer/Ball are musts IMO.

• Haha 1

Sniper Rifle: Blast set focused on ST damage with a range bonus over other sets, nuke is either ST or a piercing cone to make it a real outlier. The attacks would hit hard but slow like a ranged version of Battle Axe. 

Minigun: Basically a ranged version of Titan Weapons, it starts slow but "spins up" as you keep firing. 

Explosive Blast: A blast set of nothing but thrown grenades. Lots of different damage types and the unrivaled master of AOE (at the cost of sucking at ST). 

Shuriken Blast: A blast set of thrown projectiles, ideally with customization options so you could throw stuff like knives, cards, baseballs, etc. Tune it similar to claws where the powers are very quick. 

Mystic Affinity: A luck-based support set with buff and debuff powers that act like the Mystic Fortune P2W power (but allies don't get negative side effects with this one). Can create a clone of an enemy NPC to fight for you or polymorph an NPC into an inanimate object (hold effect). 

Knights: Tanky melee-based henchmen set that spawns a smaller number of more elite units as opposed to being "swarmy" like zombies. The MM would get sword attacks and maybe a shield too if there's space in the kit for it. 

Insect Swarm: Bug-based henchmen set. The basic minions could be giant ants. The LT's could be giant spiders that have lots of web/control powers. The final pet could be a giant tanky beetle that comes with a pheromone taunt aura. The MM's attacks would be toxic. 

Water Melee: All I know is it better have a power named Tidal Wave that sweeps forward and knocks down everything and does a bunch of damage. 

Psionic Aura: An offensive armor set that offers superior protection against psi damage and also stuff like fear and confuse. 

Proflierations:

Energy Mastery for all ATs, especially if it's designed more like the Brute/Stalker version instead of the Tanker/Scrapper one that comes with Conserve Power (it's a stupid power, Superior Conditioning all the way). 

Shield Defense for Sentinels (this game's animation design is incredibly janky, and not in an endearing kind of way). 

Unused Content:

Finish up the Gadgetry and Utility Belt origin pools already, substitute some of the powers/animations out if there's really such an issue with lacking art/fx. (Insert grumble grumble about how other servers did it already grumble grumble). 

Edited by FupDup
  • Thanks 3
  • Thumbs Up 2

Closed Beta Discord Invite: https://discord.gg/DptUBzh

2 hours ago, Scarlet Shocker said:

I would seriously LOVE to be able to just sit in a bloody chair without a load of faffing around with emotes.

I would love to just click on a chair and then my character just sits on it.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

14 hours ago, darcstarmerc said:

For me since i like music and pets, I would like to see backup dancers or singers for support.

That would be intimidating...

For my part, count me in for a whip set.  And a ukulele set.

• Haha 2

I always thought it would be cool to have a blaster set with the power "Summoner".  You essentially summon different hero's that do some kind of attack.  Defensive toggles can put little animals on your shoulders like in Naruto when he had those ugly frogs on him.

*EDIT* after they do their attack, they fly away or run away.  

Edited by Crossie

swing line travel set

motorcycle or car set for outdoor use only but still for those vigilante types

wall and water running for super speedsters basically as long as they dont stop running they can go on any surface

Whip mastery melee set for that indy jones catwoman feel

Mystic arcanum control and or buff set that mimics classic mages along with a mystic blast primary and secondary for blasters corruptors defenders and controllers and Sents and Doms we need our Dr Stranges and Dr Fates and Zatannas

Random item generation for throw powers tired of just picking up a slab of sidewalk i want to chuck a forklift or a car at somebody and propel proves you can do it with SS

Aerokinesis aka Wind Control wind based blast and control powers Bring the tornados and hurricanes

Shapeshifting various powers for melee sets that can mimic claws hammers etc a mix of warmace titan weapon claws and whips

also animal beast form shifting use kheldians as the base Bear like tank form, werewolf like dps form etc and bird like travel form

Edited by catsi563
  • Like 1

My Dear you deserve the services of a great wizard but youll have to settle for the aid of a second rate pick pocket

~Schmendrick

So you mean you'll put down your rock, and I'll put down my sword; and we'll try and kill each other like civilized people?

If I could have any superpower, I would probably choose China.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4
  • Confused 1
  • Thumbs Down 1
  • Moose 1
  • Banjo 1

Water Control for Controllers and Doms

Staff Assault for Doms

An MM that could summon his past and future selves (3 Proteans, 2 Cavemen, and a Futuristic Human).  The Proteans would have the Hydra/Protean powers, the Cavemen would have Super Strength, and the futuristic human would have psi powers.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 4
  • Thumbs Left 1

1 minute ago, technohoungan said:

Water Control for Controllers and Doms

Staff Assault for Doms

An MM that could summon his past and future selves (3 Proteans, 2 Cavemen, and a Futuristic Human).  The Proteans would have the Hydra/Protean powers, the Cavemen would have Super Strength, and the futuristic human would have psi powers.

yesssssssss

• Like 1

/e poofgone

Power Armour set for ranged damage ATs. It could consist of items already in game but not on other ATs so there's some uniqueness to it.

-Lower lever attacks such as regular laser/energy beams (pick if they shoot from hand, chest or eyes)

-Gattling gun (NPCs have this in game and I believe we get a temp). Give us the option of having the gun or having a gun pop up from the shoulder.

-Strafing missile barrage (like from the Kronos Titan, Praetorians etc). Allow players to pick launch points (pop up should housing, chest, etc)

-Maybe add some uniqueness like a drone pet to attack or buff or debuff or all of it.

-The T9 could be an orbiting nuke system where a missile/nuke comes down and blows away the target area (like meteor strike or the warburg missile etc).

Just some unique parts that could be easily added.

Edited by BurtHutt
  • Like 1

I'll also add:

A Nemesis system (yes, kinda like Champions) and a sidekick power pool where you can maybe have it in the pool powers. The sidekick/partner would be customizable in look and have different 'AT' types you could pick from.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

This might be a out of no where, but vehicles as a travel power like a helicopter or tank. LOL imagine flying tanks all over the place.

oh and wall running (not wall crawling as it's dangerously close to a certain popular Arachne's power).

Edited by darcstarmerc

A few I'd love to see:

1. A thrown weapon blast set, (probably different variations of throwing knives - single target, cone, etc).

2. A "fantasy" MM primary, with the T1's consisting of 2 axe & shield warriors, the 3rd being a mace & shield cleric, the T2's being archers/rangers, the 3rd being a wizard/mage or heavy warrior using titan weapons, and the personal attacks could be a mixture of existing attacks to match a typical wizard's spells, (power bolt for magic missile, lightning strike, fireball, etc).

3. An "Integrated Weaponry" blast set - basically use the various blast animations from the Praetorian Clockwork units.

4. Some sort of "swashbuckler" assault set, that consisted of a sword in 1 hand and a single pistol in the other.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Water said:

The O.M.G. Tanking Power set:-

Facepalm
Double Facepalm
Really?
WT'effing'F
How the...
You've Gotta Be Kidding Me
Aghast!
Splutter
Um?

Those look like the powers of a new healing set.

• Thumbs Up 1