If you wanted new powers what would it be?

(((Space Manipulation)))* by @Blackfeather

Construct Powerset.

Magnetism powersets.

Force Blast.

Psionic Blast control etc- the awakened powers The Awakened - Unofficial Homecoming Wiki

Arcane/Magic Blast etc.

Mentalist/Psionic henchmen for mastermind.

Alien henchmen for mastermind.

Angel henchmen for mastermind.

Reptilian henchmen for mastermind.

Sidekick henchmen for mastermind.

Something like Penelope Yin powerset.

Psychic/ Psionic Defense set.

Water Control

Wind Control this should have been released...........

Edited by KingCeddd03
  • Thumbs Down 2
  • Thumbs Right 1

After a discussion in another thread, I think what I want most of all is dedicated magical-themed powersets such as Arcane Blast and Arcane Defense (support), possibly Arcane Manipulation, Control, and Assault later on.  Not different animations or effects on existing powersets... new, different powers that may share some similarities with existing powersets but still different and unique to itself. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 2/7/2024 at 3:07 PM, Snowbunny said:

There aren't any voodoo powers aside from maybe necromancy so I think some voodoo inspired powers would be cool. I was also inspired by this video below 

It looks like it's from another server however but I think something like this would be pretty cool.. 

Elementalist feels it should of been added for live!

• Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, Player2 said:

After a discussion in another thread, I think what I want most of all is dedicated magical-themed powersets such as Arcane Blast and Arcane Defense (support), possibly Arcane Manipulation, Control, and Assault later on.  Not different animations or effects on existing powersets... new, different powers that may share some similarities with existing powersets but still different and unique to itself. 

One that built off of Sorcery and had spells, shields, binding bands of blah-blah, etc. could be funky.  It has always struck me that some power-sets lend themselves to a tech / natural background, like assault rifle or martial arts, but there isn't one quite as specific for the Magic origin, like one that wields a magic staff (like Dresden or Gandalf) or wand (like Harry Potter or Willow Ufgood) or something.

On the other hand, just adding those weapon options and some variant 'blasts' could go a long way.  Make a Fire Blaster and get to choose whether your Fire Blasts come out of your hands, eyes, a gun (range of options, meant to evoke Heat Wave or Firebug type characters with a fire-blaster / flamethrower) or magical implement like a wand or staff.

Fire Blaster one was born with these powers (Mutant).  Fire Blaster two had alien rocket fuel splash on him and soak into his skin (Science).  Fire Blaster three uses a high-tech mini-flamethrower (Tech).  Blaster four has been entrusted with the sacred 'Wand of Agni' (Magic).  And the Natural one?  I got nuthin.  Maybe she's an alien, and fire blaster powers are 'natural' for her people? 🙂 

Edited by Ian Turner
  • Thumbs Up 2

13 hours ago, Ian Turner said:

One that built off of Sorcery and had spells, shields, binding bands of blah-blah, etc. could be funky.  It has always struck me that some power-sets lend themselves to a tech / natural background, like assault rifle or martial arts, but there isn't one quite as specific for the Magic origin, like one that wields a magic staff (like Dresden or Gandalf) or wand (like Harry Potter or Willow Ufgood) or something.

I really like this idea. It could work for a whole family of powers with Arcane Blast as a damage set, Arcane Ward as an armor set, and Arcane [INSERT WORD HERE] as the buff/debuff set.

To add my own suggestion, most of the pet powers have analogous ranged sets. Thugs is like DP, Ninjas is Archery, etc. Beasts and Demons don't have one though, and I think a ranged whip set and a Nature blast set would be cool additions. 

• Thumbs Down 1

Let arcane powersets be its own thing, not an enhancement set or anything that would not bring a new look and feel to the game.

it wouldn't hurt to have more serious magic-based powersets in the game that is what the last devs were going for, with each of the origins having a more serious feel.

The powerset would do well with all powersets depending on how you want it to be dispelled wand, shield, staff etc. and no the powerset would not be funky as sorcery was.

1 hour ago, KingCeddd03 said:

it wouldn't hurt to have more serious magic-based powersets in the game

I think you are coming at this from the wrong angle;  Powersets should be as generic as possible, with options being made available to tailor them to your specific concept or theme

2 hours ago, KingCeddd03 said:

that is what the last devs were going for, with each of the origins having a more serious feel

I think the idea was to offer the origin-centric power pools as a way to add some flavor & utility to your character, and could just as easily reflect their origin or a simply dabbling in said field.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

13 minutes ago, biostem said:

I think you are coming at this from the wrong angle;  Powersets should be as generic as possible, with options being made available to tailor them to your specific concept or theme

I think the idea was to offer the origin-centric power pools as a way to add some flavor & utility to your character, and could just as easily reflect their origin or a simply dabbling in said field.

Not all powersets have a generic feel. Demon summoning and necromancy go toward magic-based.

Radiation blast etc. go to science-based 

Guns have a natural feel

Robots go to tech 

only a few powers that a generic that can be used on all ats are

all elemental powers

psionic

electric

and the problem with generic-looking powers is it does not offer any creativity or individuality.

No matter how you control electricity it will always look like it.

Edited by KingCeddd03

27 minutes ago, KingCeddd03 said:

Not all powersets have a generic feel. Demon summoning and necromancy go toward magic-based.

Radiation blast etc. go to science-based 

Guns have a natural feel

Robots go to tech 

I think you are too locked in the names of the sets.  Look at what a set does and how it depicts it, rather than how it's named.  Necromancy summons zombies, grave knights, a lich, ghosts, and has dark blasts, but there aren't any specific tells that the set must be magic, (no magic circles, runes, etc).  Demon summon, as I previously mentioned, is a bit harder to write off.  All you know about robots is that you summon robots - there is nothing to indicate how you created/summoned or control them.  There's no indication as to how they are powered, or if their internals are also, in fact, artificial.  Radiation likewise lacks any specific indicators as to its origins/source.  Guns, especially with certain weapon models, can be explained as part of pretty much any origin.

1 minute ago, biostem said:

I think you are too locked in the names of the sets.  Look at what a set does and how it depicts it, rather than how it's named.  Necromancy summons zombies, grave knights, a lich, ghosts, and has dark blasts, but there aren't any specific tells that the set must be magic, (no magic circles, runes, etc).  Demon summon, as I previously mentioned, is a bit harder to write off.  All you know about robots is that you summon robots - there is nothing to indicate how you created/summoned or control them.  There's no indication as to how they are powered, or if their internals are also, in fact, artificial.  Radiation likewise lacks any specific indicators as to its origins/source.  Guns, especially with certain weapon models, can be explained as part of pretty much any origin.

my guy you are blind. look at how they are summoned and it will tell you everything you need to know. 

4 minutes ago, KingCeddd03 said:

my guy you are blind. look at how they are summoned and it will tell you everything you need to know. 

How who are summoned?  Show me some pics.  I've played necromancy before and, IIRC, you toss a pile of bones for the zombies and there's like a generic dark pit for the grave knights and lich.

EDIT:  I'm not at my gaming computer to test myself, but found this video of summoning all the necro pets, and yes, it's a generic dark pit.

Edited by biostem

21 minutes ago, biostem said:

How who are summoned?  Show me some pics.  I've played necromancy before and, IIRC, you toss a pile of bones for the zombies and there's like a generic dark pit for the grave knights and lich.

EDIT:  I'm not at my gaming computer to test myself, but found this video of summoning all the necro pets, and yes, it's a generic dark pit.

you just proved a point without magic how can you summon zombies it takes some sort of magic to do so.  if your referring to the movie Virus Zombie which is leading to science it would need another summoning format, such as throwing a vile. how the power is dispelled is what it's origin is.

(If they wanted to make it generic then they would have just called it zombies and not necromancy) 

Edited by KingCeddd03

Just now, KingCeddd03 said:

you just proved a point without magic how can you summon zombies it takes some sort of magic to do so.  if your referring to the movie Virus Zombie which is leading to science it would need another summoning format, such as throwing a vile. how the power is dispelled is what it's origin is.

That's just a lack of imagination on your part.  Not every instance of something science-y involves a vial or test tube.

3 minutes ago, biostem said:

That's just a lack of imagination on your part.  Not every instance of something science-y involves a vial or test tube.

no the imagination was already made when the devs made the intended power its your lack of understanding and refusal to accept the powers as they are and what they aren't.

Just now, KingCeddd03 said:

no the imagination was already made when the devs made the intended power its your lack of understanding and refusal to accept the powers as they are and what they aren't.

You clearly don't know what the word "imagination" means.  Now prove to me that necromancy and its animations must, necessarily, be magic.  Anything you come up with, including a dev outright stating that it's magic, does not in fact mean that each and every one of my characters that use the necromancy powerset in fact use magic. 

2 minutes ago, KingCeddd03 said:

(If they wanted to make it generic then they would have just called it zombies and not necromancy) 

Necromancy is dealing with the dead and souls = magic-based

Zombies = whatever you want to call it.

Stop getting so hung up on what things are named, and instead focus on how they operate.  My tech characters do not have a dozen cybernetic eyes just because that's what the acc enhancements happen to be called...

Edited by biostem
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, biostem said:

Stop getting so hung up on what things are named, and instead focus on how they operate.  My tech characters do not have a dozen cybernetic eyes just because that's what the acc enhancements happen to be called...

How it operates is what I'm going on summoning enchanting a lich itself is supernatural itself my guy (DARK EMPOWERMENT) throwing bones the look of how its being used is what is based on by looks anyone can tell that. unless you refuse to believe so.

Dark Blast 1 Ranged, Moderate DMG(Neg), Foe -To-Hit
22px-Necromancy_CallZombieHorde.pngZombie Horde 1 Summon Zombies
22px-Necromancy_Gloom.pngGloom 2 Ranged, High DoT(Neg), Foe -To-Hit
22px-Necromancy_EnchantUndead.pngEnchant Undead 6 Ranged, Enchant Undead Henchman
22px-Necromancy_LifeDrain.pngLife Drain 8 Ranged, Moderate DMG(Neg), Foe -To-Hit, Self +HP
22px-Necromancy_SummonSkeletonWarrior.pnGrave Knight 12 Summon Grave Knight
22px-Necromancy_SoulExtraction.pngSoul Extraction 18 Summon Ghost(Special)
22px-Necromancy_SummonLitch.pngLich 22 Summon Lich
22px-Necromancy_DarkEmpowerment.pngDark Empowerment 26 Ranged, Empower Undead Henchman

1 minute ago, KingCeddd03 said:

How it operates is what I'm going on summoning enchanting a lich itself is supernatural itself my guy (DARK EMPOWERMENT) throwing bones the look of how its being used is what is based on by looks anyone can tell that. unless you refuse to believe so.

No, you are still hung up on what the powers are called.  What does the enchanting/empowerment powers actually have your character do - you extend a hand and they receive the buff.  Nothing more, nothing less.  Anything beyond that is you reading into the power(s).