How to stop getting mezzed on my Corr

Jacktar

Hi am running a Sieismic Blast/Pain Corr now at level 33.

I am mostly in a state of being mezzed and am using Break Free insps to try and counter that.

Am  dying a lot under perma mezzed.

I cannot see any of my Primary or Secondary powers with any anti mezz features.

This is my first Corr alt so I am very likely to be doing it wrong.

Any help and guidance to get my mezz defence up will be appreciated. Thanks.

Am using Crafted IO’s at level 35 but no set IO’s yet.

Edit to correct Primary set and to correct alt level to 33.

Edited by Jacktar

So there are a few options to help alleviate the situation:

1. If you're willing to invest in 2 prerequisite power picks, (so 3 powers total), you can get Rune of Protection from the Sorcery power pool, which grants status protection.  It isn't a permanent fix, but is available fairly often and can be used both proactively to prevent status effects or reactively to break you out of them.

2. You can cover some of holes in your mez resistance via the Leaping pool;  More specifically, combat jumping can help with immobilization and acrobatics with knocks and holds.

3. If you are willing to tough it out until 50, you can unlock the Clarion power for the Destiny Incarnate slot you'll eventually get.  If you rank it up just so, you can get its duration to match its recharge, so you'll never be without status protection that way, and it'll also buff nearby allies.

EDIT:  Another option is to mail yourself a few break frees - You can then access the mail system and retrieve them as needed.

Edited by biostem
  • Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, biostem said:

So there are a few options to help alleviate the situation:

1. If you're willing to invest in 2 prerequisite power picks, (so 3 powers total), you can get Rune of Protection from the Sorcery power pool, which grants status protection.  It isn't a permanent fix, but is available fairly often and can be used both proactively to prevent status effects or reactively to break you out of them.

2. You can cover some of holes in your mez resistance via the Leaping pool;  More specifically, combat jumping can help with immobilization and acrobatics with knocks and holds.

3. If you are willing to tough it out until 50, you can unlock the Clarion power for the Destiny Incarnate slot you'll eventually get.  If you rank it up just so, you can get its duration to match its recharge, so you'll never be without status protection that way, and it'll also buff nearby allies.

EDIT:  Another option is to mail yourself a few break frees - You can then access the mail system and retrieve them as needed.

All the above and….

1) IO slotting to get your +DEF to softcap.  The higher your Defenses the harder it is for most mezz attacks to land in the first place.  I routinely run without any status protection and rely on breakfrees for the rare times I get mezzed, and that’s because I build to softcapped Smashing/Lethal/Energy or Ranged defense.  IMO, investing in softcapped defense will do more for your survivability against mez and damage than almost anything else you can come up with via Rune of Protection.  

2) While on the subject of +DEF, make sure to check out the P2W vendor and look into buying Defense Amplifier.  Yes, it’s expensive as you gain levels, but depending on how fast you level, you can purchase 8 hours’ worth at level 1 and its dirt cheap.  Each charge of a Defense Amplifier offers +5 in Defense, +7 in Resistance and -MAG +4- Protection to Hold, Stun, Confuse, Knockback, Immobilize and Fear mezz attacks.  These Defense Amplifiers often are included in Winter Packs and given the ‘sales’ run on them from time to time those packs are a great investment.  I’m still sitting on hundreds of these and use them on almost every character from 40-50.  It’s a great way to fill in the issues with a build until you can attain Incarnate powers.

3) People often forget about Supergroup Base Empowerment stations.  These exist in most well built bases and for the price of just a few pieces of salvage you can gain resistance buffs for a variety of status effects, from Fear to Sleep to Knockback to…almost anything.  They last for a couple/few missions and are a great way to deal with the occasional problem enemy type.  Got a Carnie arc to deal with?  Grab the Empowerment Station buffs you need to get through it.  

4) There are some temp powers that offer various types of temporary mezz protection from certain mezz attacks.  Visit the Homecoming wiki for a complete list.  Same for a few of the harder to get accolades.  And the Aegis special proc IO for reducing the duration of certain status attacks.

5) Finally, a neat trick for needing more breakfrees than you can carry is to write a macro to convert the inspirations you don’t need (say Revive inspirations) to quickly combine them into Breakfrees.  You can combine 3 of any type of inspiration into similar sized different inspirations.  And if that doesn’t provide enough, you can again use the P2W vendor to modify your inspiration drops so you just don’t get the ones you don’t need and focus more on chances of only getting what you do need.  Personally, I use the auto-combine macros more often and rely on that.  And, as a backup to your backup plans here….email yourself a bunch of breakfrees.  Then you always have some squirreled away if you find yourself suddenly in a mission you cannot easily handle without breakfrees and you can resupply from your own email.  

Just some tricks I’ve learned to avoid issues with mezz attacks.  Every hero has their weakness, but mezz attacks can be quite manageable if you use all of the tools available to you.

Edit: Numbering

Edited by Crysis
  • Thumbs Up 1

Reach level 50 and get Clarion in the Destiny incarnates. Or play a Sentinel and still do ranged damage but now while being immune to CC.

The other two posters covered it otherwise.

• Like 1
  • Pizza (Pepperoni) 1

All of those!  OR there is one way that I always get at lvl 1 and if you have the fund, and that would be all I need.  Go to p2w, look under buffs (right above 2x XP), and get those buffs.  Especially the defense amplifier, which will protects most mezzes from the game, unless of course they stacked holds on you.  The price goes up, so it's best to get them at lvl 1

I hope this gives you some appreciation of anti-mez powers like enforce morale or clear mind. How wonderful would if be if a teammate that had access to those applied that on you all the time?

Do on to others and yada yada. While my comment doesn't help you directly, if you want to be better than 90% of the support players out there, take enforce morale and apply it onto other squishies regularly (I suggest during the wind down, clean up phase of each engagement or as you are moving to the next group), most of them are in the same boat as you.

• Like 1

Liberty, Torchbearer, Excelsior, Everlasting

Jezebel Delias

Level 50 Fire/Elec/Mace Blaster

I am the Inner Circle!

Hi guys, firstly sorry for tardy response, got mad busy real fast after I posted.

Secondly thank you all for the really helpful and considered advise and please be assured I have noted all of them and have already put some in place.

I admit I get a bit twitchy about no mez defense especially after my first alt way back at live game launch (is it really nearly 20 years ago), a Claws/SR scrappie did not take Practised Brawler because I already had Brawl so why take more!

Oh boy did I faceplant a lot till I learned to read the powers info. Duh what a noob move 🥴🤔😂

Thanks again guys, all appreciated 👍