Remote Bomb

Sailboat

So they changed my beloved and effective Time Bomb into something called Remote Bomb.  The patch notes say it can be either on the ground or attached to an enemy.

Well, I can attach it to an enemy, but how in God's name can I place it on the ground?  I keep trying and it does not work.  Is there some trick to this?

16 hours ago, Sailboat said:

Apparently the secret is to hit "escape" and not be targeting someone.  Cumbersome, but I can make it work.

Wow, that does seem cumbersome. Seems like something that should have been added to the patch notes. Haven't tried the power on my Devices character yet, but not looking forward to having to constantly hit the ESC keyboard button to place the power on the ground. 

• Like 1

How about we getting a Targetted Circle (like Caltrops) for Remote Bomb?

If you click the Circle on a Mob you place it on the Enemy, if you click the Circle on the Ground, you place it on the ground.

Having to press "Esc" all the time is cumbersome indeed!

• Thumbs Up 1

• 3 weeks later
Posted (edited)

So the issue is timing.  I used to be able to lay all the Trip Mines I felt like, then Time Bomb and immediately use Fold Space.  The mobs would materialize on top of the Time Bomb exactly as it detonated AND the Trip Mines went off too, killing every living thing before it could do me much harm.

Yes, it was cumbersome to set up, and not a fast way of blasting through crowds, but it was safe and extremely hilarious.

Now I have yet to figure out how to do that timing correctly, so that Time Bomb/Remote Bomb and the Trip Mines are effectively simultaneous.

Edited by Sailboat

On 2/23/2024 at 3:18 AM, Sailboat said:

Cumbersome, but I can make it work.

The City of Heroes tag-line.

• Haha 3
  • Moose 1

..It only takes one Beanbag fan saying that they JRANGER it for the devs to revert it.

1 hour ago, Lockely said:

Place down your remote mines, place a Remote Bomb in the middle, then fold space and queue up Remote bomb to go off as soon as FS ends.

Exactly this.   I like Remote Bomb over Time.  Honestly, it was what I was looking forward the most this issue.

On 2/24/2024 at 9:20 AM, KITANYA said:

How about we getting a Targetted Circle (like Caltrops) for Remote Bomb?

If you click the Circle on a Mob you place it on the Enemy, if you click the Circle on the Ground, you place it on the ground.

Having to press "Esc" all the time is cumbersome indeed!

Honestly, when I play in a group, the setup time and everything makes it a major pain. I would love to be able to simply chuck it like Caltrops and Seeker Drone, even if we lose the tag targeting. ESPECIALLY since it deactivates if the melee stick target dies before you send it off.

Edited by Lockely

Lockely's AE Tales:

H: The Rook's Gambit (Arc ID 49351), P: Best Left Buried (WIP)

13 minutes ago, Lockely said:

Honestly, when I play in a group, the setup time and everything makes it a major pain. I would love to be able to simply chuck it like Caltrops and Seeker Drone, even if we lose the tag targeting. ESPECIALLY since it deactivates if the melee stick target dies before you send it off.

I thought if the attached to target unalived it dropped to the ground and was still available for party time  💥 

12 hours ago, Snarky said:

I thought if the attached to target unalived it dropped to the ground and was still available for party time  💥 

In my experience, that has not happened. If I forgot to ESC in the Moonfire TF I was just doing, the team often blew up the person it was stickied to and when I hit the button nothing actually happened besides it going on cooldown.

Edit: Just tested during an ITF this afternoon. If the target is dead, nothing fires off. It just goes on cooldown.

Edited by Lockely
  • Confused 1

Lockely's AE Tales:

H: The Rook's Gambit (Arc ID 49351), P: Best Left Buried (WIP)