Stronger Psionic Presents

I was running my champions tests as always and was watching my master psychic character fight for all time's sake and I happened to put in mis.  Penelope Yin and I must say she lives up to what a true master hero is supposed to be by her killing my so-called master psychic three times. after seeing that I came to the realization that the psychic power we have is clearly not enough so I move to request we have a little of that power for future characters. I created two powersets that could be a base to work from.

Psionic Blast

image.png.ef5dfb2f640ea7881bce98185d8e6c3e.png Psionic Dart Ranged, Light DMG(Psionic), Foe -Recharge

image.png.359d93ffc9249e0f65bec4c1d36476d7.png Psychic Blast Ranged, Moderate DMG(Psionic), Foe -Recharge

image.png.1b7834978571576ff5066df3685dab48.png Mental Breakdown Ranged (Targeted AoE), Moderate DMG(Psionic), Minor DoT(Psionic), Foe -Regeneration, -Recovery, Resist(Heal), Self Heal

image.png.f9673cbf1516e1aee80e098995d4aba0.png Psionic Lightning Ranged, Light DMG(Psionic), Foe -Endurance

image.png.94e46b9e581ad963f79bc3603719e95c.pngConcentration, Self+DMG, +To Hit

image.png.0ae55f7a1a376f183156fd710e511e63.png Psionic Tornado Ranged (Targeted AoE), Moderate DMG(Psionic), Foe Knockup, -Recharge

image.png.8f12effbd9d8d5c108cc7484c657375b.png Psionic Wounds (Only Level 31 and up) Ranged, High DMG(Psionic/Lethal), Minor DoT(Psionic)

image.png.1fcef8ec6912506b5148ce5f2585e215.png Psionic Pulse PBAoE, High DMG(Psionic/Smash), Foe Knockup

image.png.aa731b002d57bcae4a862e8310226bbc.png Psionic Fury (Only Level 31 and up) Ranged (Location AoE), Extreme DoT(Psionic), Foe -Endurance, -Recovery, -Regeneration, -Recharge

Psionic Control

image.png.a47955e183227a38748585d247200909.png Psionic Prison Ranged, Minor DMG(Psionic), Moderate DoT(Psionic), Foe -Endurance, Hold

image.png.c77a9c3f2fa6eec08da69769bbf6ea38.png Psionic Crush Ranged, Moderate DoT(Psionic), Foe -Endurance, Hold

image.png.ff1f375abaae2f36259d5fa3683dd0fe.png Psionic Prisons (Targeted AoE), Minor DMG(Psionic), Moderate DoT(Psionic), Foe -Endurance, Hold

image.png.f195c2bb0879680fe63bb25bf352b114.png Psionic Field (Targeted AoE), Moderate DoT(Psionic), Foe -Endurance, Hold

image.png.7a286c0227a5ae90e8f8c0fb2c8fc554.png Psychic Roar PBAoE, Moderate DMG(Psionic), Foe Fear

image.png.f6e79045cc32f4474406c0d610271b47.png Telekinetic Lift Ranged, Light DMG(Psionic/Smash), Foe Knockup, -Fly

image.png.aafcf874843f505f6eb168f898b3c61b.png Psionic Pulse PBAoE, High DMG(Psionic/Smash), Foe Knockup

image.png.ccfdd6e52a51a2200f8d18f09bb0f444.png Psionic Flow Ranged (Location AoE), Extreme DoT(Psionic), Foe -Endurance, -Recovery, Self +Damage(Psionic), +Defense(Psionic)

image.png.39454ec162be0045c8a43464e03bf286.png Psionic Nexus Summon Psionic Nexus

• Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Thumbs Down 4

Would we have to issue receipts to enemies if they wanted to return them?  What if they decided to re-gift them, how would that be handled?  Would there have to be a manager for someone to speak to if they weren't satisfied with them?  And would these be available perennially, or limited to play during the Christmas season or characters' dates of creation?

• Haha 3

Get busy living... or get busy dying.  That's goddamn right.

1 hour ago, arcane said:

You realize Psychic Blast and Mind Control already exist, right? Writing up this thread seems like it was a waste of your time.

yes I do. they are old compared to the new powers introduced if you did your research you would see that mind control and psychic blast are extremely dated and not as powerful.

• Haha 2
  • Thumbs Down 2

6 hours ago, Luminara said:

Would we have to issue receipts to enemies if they wanted to return them?  What if they decided to re-gift them, how would that be handled?  Would there have to be a manager for someone to speak to if they weren't satisfied with them?  And would these be available perennially, or limited to play during the Christmas season or characters' dates of creation?

Sir or mama this is not a store.

1 hour ago, KingCeddd03 said:

yes I do. they are old compared to the new powers introduced if you did your research you would see that mind control and psychic blast are extremely dated and not as powerful.

So your idea is genuinely “Let’s make Psy Blast 2 and Mind Control 2”? Yeah I don’t think the devs are going to pick that up. They tend to create unique powersets, not tweaked copies.

9 hours ago, KingCeddd03 said:

Penelope Yin and I must say she lives up to what a true master hero is supposed to be by her killing my so-called master psychic three times

Well, she is a Hero class mob and she does have a power called Impenetrable Mind which gives her another +40% psi resist and +20% psi defense. So you were fighting a foe designed to stand up to other psychics and win. (However, she only has 1 hold and it is in her Psionic Crush power.)

• Like 1

5 hours ago, arcane said:

So your idea is genuinely “Let’s make Psy Blast 2 and Mind Control 2”? Yeah I don’t think the devs are going to pick that up. They tend to create unique powersets, not tweaked copies.

Well, you're not a dev so how would you know???

• 4 weeks later

Having these powersets is now a must after the release of the awakened and Penelope yin. These powers show the uncontrolled or the untrained abilities of psionic power which is what the awakened stand or untrained and uncontrolled. @arcane the difference between the two should have been apparent to you based on the look of the powersets alone and no they may use psionic damage but have different functions. Psychic blasts and mind control attack the mind directly, where the powerset that the awakened and Penelope yin use, attacks the mind and body and also shows the difference in discipline.

• Haha 2
  • Confused 5

I want to know what these greater psychic presents will look like.  Will they be simply wrapped, or fancy, with bows and cute little cards?  How big will they be?  Will they be lovingly, or perhaps shyly, handed to the recipients, or will they arrive in a big truck driven by a brusque man who demands that they sign for the package so he can leave?

• Haha 3
  • Thumbs Down 1

Get busy living... or get busy dying.  That's goddamn right.

39 minutes ago, Luminara said:

I want to know what these greater psychic presents will look like.  Will they be simply wrapped, or fancy, with bows and cute little cards?  How big will they be?  Will they be lovingly, or perhaps shyly, handed to the recipients, or will they arrive in a big truck driven by a brusque man who demands that they sign for the package so he can leave?

I think they'll be more like the dead mouse left you by your cat because you obviously can't fend for yourself

1 hour ago, KingCeddd03 said:

I never said I made any decisions, I am making an argument on why we should have this power added. 

13 hours ago, KingCeddd03 said:

Having these powersets is now a must after the release of the awakened and Penelope yin.

Sounds like you're making a game decision to me. Just saying.

2 hours ago, KingCeddd03 said:

I never said I made any decisions, I am making an argument on why we should have this power added. 

BugsNO.gif.e7b1c15e7e499e22820f5a9ef324d8e7.gif

• Haha 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

"It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire posts, the posts become warning points. It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion."

Being constantly offended doesn't mean you're right, it means you're too narcissistic to tolerate opinions different than your own.