... still obtainable?

13 minutes ago, shortguy on indom said:

Going to give this "Isolator" badge a whirl today... to see.

Anyone have it?

Yes.  Many of us do as we sit at the max badge count.  🙂  

Good luck and welcome to the badger club!  

• Banjo 1

2 hours ago, shortguy on indom said:

Going to give this "Isolator" badge a whirl today... to see.

Anyone have it?

Easiest way to get it hero side if you skipped doing it in the Outbreak tutorial is during the first mission of Ouro introduction. 

INCORRECT INFO: There are also low level missions and random mobs of contaminated in Mercy on red side. 

Edited by Sunsette
  • Banjo 1

irregulars book logo noby white.png

Sundered Marches: The Website | The Official Soundtrack!

1 hour ago, Sunsette said:

There are also low level missions and random mobs of contaminated in Mercy on red side. 

Those are Infected, not Contaminated, and don't count for the badge.

[Unless Homecoming has changed something here.]

• Like 2
  • Banjo 1

Playing on Excelsior. Champion forever.

50s: Placta • elec/elec blaster // Rye Lily IV • mind/psi dominator // PLACT-A • bots/ff mastermind // Danielle Connelly • elec/elec dominator // Acme Coin Rink • ice/cold controller // Yin Blazer • psi/wp scrapper // Chalky Webs • db/sr stalker // Ultra Lance • kin/en scrapper // Eye Shell Coda • elec/elec tanker // Mind Wanna Fly • psy/emp corruptor

Others: Virtual Lines • peacebringer • 43 // Favours Green • plant/nat controller • 39 // Clear Corn Ion • elec/storm controller • 34 // Hum a Crypt • claws/regen scrapper • 29 // By Her Ant • psy/ment blaster • 24 // Clean a Hall Arch • shield/sword tanker • 19 // Paler Vow • ninjas/ta mastermind • 10 // more...

ok, so i just did the missions one and two of the arc: (at x/8 settings).

• no 'contaminated' faction was found on map.  not a single one.
  • enemies: (which could be defeated anyways).
    • longbow
    • handful of prisoners from different factions.... quantity of 10 or so between the fences
    • enemies which could click on but were "blue" to me were 1 group of 4 arachnos running around as if they were lost.
    • cleared everything off the map but 2 groups of longbow which were littered with purple lvl 1 bosses and yellow LT's.
    • spent 1/2 hour exploring entire map.  nada.

maybe yall got them in RV?... have gotten more than my fair share there, estimate 25+/- and 'closest to completion' badge counter does not show listing or progress.

Yall sure that you have this badge?

PvP Capture the Flag!  Bring some fun into it....

15 minutes ago, shortguy on indom said:

ok, so i just did the missions one and two of the arc: (at x/8 settings).

• no 'contaminated' faction was found on map.  not a single one.
  • enemies: (which could be defeated anyways).
    • longbow
    • handful of prisoners from different factions.... quantity of 10 or so between the fences
    • enemies which could click on but were "blue" to me were 1 group of 4 arachnos running around as if they were lost.
    • cleared everything off the map but 2 groups of longbow which were littered with purple lvl 1 bosses and yellow LT's.
    • spent 1/2 hour exploring entire map.  nada.

maybe yall got them in RV?... have gotten more than my fair share there, estimate 25+/- and 'closest to completion' badge counter does not show listing or progress.

Yall sure that you have this badge?

You did the Ouroboros introduction arc as a Rogue or Villain.  Do it again via Flashback as a Vigilante or Hero.

• Like 1
  • Banjo 1

TY

Will try again with different alignment.

Maybe will find some 'contaminated' faction as well.  Can confirm that 'zero' were on the map when rougue aligned.

If this is the case, then wiki is a misleading 'that progress can be made as a villian/rougue... but not awarded until hero/vigilante aligned.'

Since no 'contaminated' faction appear on the mission when running as a villian/rougue.... there is no way progress can be made. lol.

Have a nice day folks.  Will report back if 'contaminated' are found.

4 minutes ago, shortguy on indom said:

TY

Maybe will find some 'contaminated' faction as well.  Can confirm that 'zero' were on the map when rougue aligned.

If this is the case, then wiki is a misleading 'that progress can be made as a villian/rougue... but not awarded until hero/vigilante aligned.'

Since no 'contaminated' faction appear on the mission when running as a villian/rougue.... there is no way progress can be made. lol.

Ah.  Reread the Isolater Badge info.  It does mention that it's a Hero arc.  Just happens there is a mirror version for Villains.

Yes, if you are red aligned and are in the Ouro mission via being teamed with someone else you can get progress, but not the badge until you switch to a blue alignment.  However, I'm not sure if you can do that.

The wiki is mainly pointing out if you are Red aligned and defeat 100 via the one that pops up in the RV Train station, you'd still need to switch to a blue alignment for the badge.   Fair warning, that's a very tedious way to get the badge, switching to blue and doing the Ouro intro, much faster.

• Banjo 1

1 hour ago, shortguy on indom said:

TY

Once you switch to Hero/Vig and run that Ouro intro arc, the 2nd mission titled "Outbreak" will be the mission with the Contaminated.  So that's when you may want to bump up to x8.  However, you will ex'd down to lvl 1.   It's eons since I've run arc, so can't remember how difficult it is at lvl 1 to kill 100 of the buggars at x8.  In the tutorial they are spread out so it's easily manageable.  But if you're overwhelmed, there is no harm in killing some, DO NOT COMPLETE mish and just log off and log back on to reset the mish, and then farm more - rinse and repeat as necessary.

Good luck!!  

• Like 1
  • Banjo 1

Reporting back:  Applies to Solo attempts.

• Alignment: Rogues and Villains running SOLO
    • The Pilgrim arc 2nd mission for Rogs/Vills is not the same one as you get from Pilgrim or flashback while being Hero/Vigilante Aligned.
    • Rog/Vill second mission is one where you help break prisoners out of the Zig.  (there are zero 'contaminated' faction within this mission.  cannot get the isolator badge this way).  (However, it is possible get the 'jailbird' explore badge).
    • I did not test and of the mixed team alignment stuff, so do not know.  (For most every ouro arc whose missions are entered from ouro crystals this cannot be done). (I have done about 400 flashback arcs and every time which I tried this which I can recall, it would not work).  YMMV as my memory may be skewed. 

Follow previous posts for more specifics.

Thanks yall for the feedback. Appreciated.

Reporting back part 2: what I forgot to say edit.

First mission takes 10 minutes.  It was a lvl XX (insert your lvl here) mission.  Just a bunch of hide and seek glowie computers.  Clicky click and done.  Suspect you could run whatever settings you are comfortable with, no real need for defeating any enemy if that is what you want to do.

Second mission... there are way-way more than the 100 'contaminated' faction needed for badge to defeat at x/8 settings.  So, one run and done for me.  Expect about 1/2hr to 45 minutes.

• 2 weeks later

Back on live before Ouroborus was introduced, the devs set up where ONE target for the isolator badge appears in the train terminal in the PVP Recluse Victory zone.    You can defeat it then leave and come back later for another, and another and another...... long respawn time as i recall.  

This would be the only way I remember for red siders to work the badge at all.  

Just be hero or vigilante and do the Ouroborus intro story arc, the second mission puts you back to level 1 in the Outbreak tutorial map. 

Edited by Voltor
  • Banjo 1

25 alts with all the badges!

Two things I wanna mention here... firstly, the 'single Contaminated' is still spawning at the tram-station in Recluse's Victory, so any villain who wants to earn it the oldfashioned way still can. 😛I wouldn't RECOMMEND it, but it's there!

Secondly, you don't need to use Flashback to do the 'heroic' version of the Ouroboros introduction-arc, even if you've already done the villainous one. Despite SEEMING like they're identical (except for that one, very relevant, mission), the game regards them as two separate arcs. So you can run one of them, switch alignments, and go back to the contact to start the other version of it. 's what I did to get both the Jailbird and Isolator badges on my Praetorian Badger.

Edited by BlakeTheDrake
  • Banjo 1