I never thought I'd say it but...bring back rooted animations!

When the HC team took away the rooted stuff due to the stupidly long animation times, I thought it'd be great. Nope. It looks like crap. Your toon is sliding all over the place as it goes through these painfully long animations - I get why but it just looks so, so bad...

• Thumbs Down 1

3 hours ago, Rudra said:

What are you talking about? You are still rooted for animations. Or am I bugged and only I am?

A while back HC standardized the conventions for powers rooting, and one of the changes was that self-buffs should not root and (except the ones that require tohit checks, like souldrain, because then they are attacks and attacks should root). They still animation lock you, but you can move while the power is animating. (Attacks both animation lock and prevent movement.)

I have no opinion on this matter and my feelings on Paragon’s decision to root in the first place are mixed. That said, some other games are far worse. You should see ffxiv.

1 minute ago, Zect said:

A while back HC standardized the conventions for powers rooting, and one of the changes was that self-buffs should not root and (except the ones that require tohit checks, like souldrain, because then they are attacks and attacks should root). They still animation lock you, but you can move while the power is animating. (Attacks both animation lock and prevent movement.)

I have no opinion on this matter and my feelings on Paragon’s decision to root in the first place are mixed. That said, some other games are far worse. You should see ffxiv.

Thanks. I was unaware and have not witnessed it on my own characters.

In that case, I concur with the OP.

So can we nerf Invulnerable in the /Inv self?  If my memory is working, it toggled on and rooted you in place but required to toggle off to move. so there is that.

"Farming is just more fun in my opinion, beating up hordes of angry cosplayers...."  - Coyotedancer

32 minutes ago, Outrider_01 said:

So can we nerf Invulnerable in the /Inv self?  If my memory is working, it toggled on and rooted you in place but required to toggle off to move. so there is that.

And again I have to ask what the poster is talking about. The only /Inv set I know is /Invulnerability. And the only Invulnerability in the Invulnerability set I know of is Temp Invulnerability, which does not root the character and keep them from moving. Neither does Unyielding or Invincibility. I don't have Unstoppable, but I'm pretty sure it also does not keep you from moving while it is active. My Invulnerability Brute has no issues moving around, and the only powers I lack from the set are Dull Pain and Unstoppable.

35 minutes ago, megaericzero said:

I'm guessing they're talking about how Unyielding used to be called Unyielding Stance and immobilized the player while on.

That was changed way back on Live well before shut down, wasn't it?

• Like 1