Patch Notes for March 26th, 2024

Permissions seem to be wrong on those notes at the moment -- can't view them.

"Sorry, we can't show this content because you do not have permission to see it."

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Yuro said:

Permissions seem to be wrong on those notes at the moment -- can't view them.

"Sorry, we can't show this content because you do not have permission to see it."

The thread announcing the patch notes always seems to go live up to ten minutes before the patch notes become viewable.  Just give it a few minutes.

20 minutes ago, Grandfeatherex said:

did this just kill tequila support? it keeps saying to update before launching the game (which i keep doing) and wont load, the HC launcher works but i don't like that launcher

The manifests used by third party launchers are updated via a different process and can sometimes lag several hours behind. Tequila isn’t officially supported anymore and at some point won’t work at all, might as well get used to the HC launcher.

• Like 3

"If you can read this, I've failed as a developer." -- Caretaker

Proc information and chance calculator spreadsheet (last updated 15APR24)

Player numbers graph (updated every 15 minutes) Graph readme

@macskull/@Not Mac | Twitch | Youtube

3 minutes ago, macskull said:

The manifests used by third party launchers are updated via a different process and can sometimes lag several hours behind. Tequila isn’t officially supported anymore and at some point won’t work at all, might as well get used to the HC launcher.

i will switch only when there is absolutely no other option, i don't like the HC look or set up, and only use it now to check markets on a second account so i don't have to keep changing log in info, i'd rather wait even if it's 24hrs to not be forced to use that HC launcher which should say something

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Moose 1

I'm curious to see how the UnbindAll ends up functioning. All of my binds are pretty extensive, and I overwrote the commands that are necessary to do some of the base item manipulation long ago, and don't seem to be able to reset them without creating a brand new character with all my bind files moved so they can't be loaded. Hopefully this will allow me to fix those... though I can't help but wonder if it will actually work, since base edit mode and normal play mode don't seem to store binds the same way...

23 hours ago, Starhammer said:

I'm curious to see how the UnbindAll ends up functioning. All of my binds are pretty extensive, and I overwrote the commands that are necessary to do some of the base item manipulation long ago, and don't seem to be able to reset them without creating a brand new character with all my bind files moved so they can't be loaded. Hopefully this will allow me to fix those... though I can't help but wonder if it will actually work, since base edit mode and normal play mode don't seem to store binds the same way...

I don't read it that unbindall (aka keybind_reset) has changed in any significant way. It's always been there as the way to clear all modified binds.

My takeaway is that there's always been something of a code collision when updating or overwriting the "default" binds, and the changes were intended to block that semi-problem (nonproblem for users, incompletely defined problem for code/Devs), but that otherwise, nothing was really changed in the overall keybind feature.

This seems to be another case, among many with the bind changes all through P7, where longstanding options and capabilities that were changed by the Devs are perceived as something-completely-new-and-different. (The whole bit with mouse view reset, for example, has been one option-set away since Live, if not original launch, but the user discussion is as if it's a gift.curse from the Ghods.)

UPDATED: v4.15 Technical Guide (post 27p7)... 154 pages of comprehensive and validated info on on the nuts and bolts!
ALSO:  GABS Bindfile  ·  WindowScaler  ·  Teleport Guide  ·  and City of Zeroes  all at  www.Shenanigunner.com

• City Council
On 3/26/2024 at 10:00 AM, Bionic_Flea said:

"Fixed" how exactly?

That's a poorly written commit note by me. Sorry about that. It should read Slow (normal) Moonbeam now has a 100% chance to crit from Hide in PvP. Was 50% previously. 

• Thanks 2
  • Thumbs Up 2

Thanks for listening to the discussions and adding features to the renewed keybind behavior, especially /show_bind_all and /show_bind_all_file! 👍

--

If it helps, Starhammer, I find that the game temporarily overwrites the binds it needs for base-editing keys when you first load the base editor UI during a play session but that loading any bind files reverts them, so if you have a rotating set of bind files that switch off often and during base editing that may be what's happening. For instance, a bind that swaps files when you toggle a travel power for maneuverability while editing. (At least, that's been my experience in the past and I haven't done any substantial base editing since P7's release so it could have changed.)

45 minutes ago, megaericzero said:

I find that the game temporarily overwrites the binds it needs for base-editing keys when you first load the base editor UI during a play session but that loading any bind files reverts them...

I've never quite made up my mind whether this bulk-load of keybind commands is a brilliant hack or an undercooked mess, but certainly having unfiltered access to any currently loaded set of binds is an asset for dealing with it. (Also for modifying it; I long ago wrote a more advanced set of base-editing binds that work well for me whenever I'm not in 5K mode, which base editing hates. 🙂 )

UPDATED: v4.15 Technical Guide (post 27p7)... 154 pages of comprehensive and validated info on on the nuts and bolts!
ALSO:  GABS Bindfile  ·  WindowScaler  ·  Teleport Guide  ·  and City of Zeroes  all at  www.Shenanigunner.com