Empowerment buffs to last 8 hours

2 hours ago, Ukase said:

The hitch is how these buffs are handled in advanced mode tfs - and they do work in the 1* - not sure about the 4* cuz I haven't been that crazy yet. 

Three star & Four Star disallow Temp powers.  A lot of Master runs of TFs, etc...

• Banjo 1

1 hour ago, PeregrineFalcon said:

People disagreeing with you IS NOT BULLYING. And people aren't automagically "entitled" simply because they disagree with you.

I love how you all speed-hammer the report button whenever anything I post is even slightly confrontational and then you'll turn around and just insult a large swath of people like this.

You are correct on both counts.

- Disagreement is not bullying. Multiple posters dogpiling someone with ad hominem attacks is though.

- Disagreement doesn’t render someone entitled. Getting aggressive towards others over expanding your access to free shit does though.

- I have never reported you nor was I even talking about you.

Edited by arcane
  • Banjo 1

7 hours ago, PeregrineFalcon said:

People disagreeing with you IS NOT BULLYING. And people aren't automagically "entitled" simply because they disagree with you.

I love how you all speed-hammer the report button whenever anything I post is even slightly confrontational and then you'll turn around and just insult a large swath of people like this.

I may have my issues with plenty of the people on these forums, but I can confidently say that your experience here will be EXTREMELY better if you put Arcane straight on your ignore list. It's so peaceful without him here.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Banjo 1

15 hours ago, Clave Dark 5 said:

You bloody well have loads of nice things already, the list would stagger a player coming in cold from Live.  How many more nice things do you need?

20240304_134556.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Moose 1
  • Banjo 1

1 hour ago, Clave Dark 5 said:

It's that the asked for buff is ridiculously OP. 

You've said this a few times in here yet have provided zero evidence to support the claim.

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 3
  • Banjo 1

"If you can read this, I've failed as a developer." -- Caretaker

Proc information and chance calculator spreadsheet (last updated 15APR24)

Player numbers graph (updated every 15 minutes) Graph readme

@macskull/@Not Mac | Twitch | Youtube

1 hour ago, Clave Dark 5 said:

You're asking for a buff to be extended by over five times. 

Five times.  Maybe I should make the font larger next time?

That is inherently ridiculous, because asking for anything to extended by five times without some major rework or rebalancing is ridiculous and clearly not gonna fly.

There it is, dunno how many more ways to say it or put it or whatever else.

Nah. Just QoL. Amplifiers are ridiculously cheap, so parity between them and Empowerment Buffs would just be nice.

• Banjo 1

2 hours ago, Clave Dark 5 said:

Five times.  Maybe I should make the font larger next time?

That is inherently ridiculous, because asking for anything to extended by five times without some major rework or rebalancing is ridiculous and clearly not gonna fly.

There it is, dunno how many more ways to say it or put it or whatever else.

Increasing its cost by 1.5 and if you want it for 8 hours you have to by each hours worth? We're not saying that the buff should last for 8 hours buying it once

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thumbs Down 1
  • Banjo 1

Banner3.jpg.79155737d064c3e5bab470e86fe0e248.jpg
❤️ Kheldian Guide ❤️

🎖️ Friday Fashion Contest 🎖️

🗒️Character Wiki🗒️
Friendly reminder that no matter what anyone or anything is saying, you ARE loved AND valued in life no matter what.

Yes, we could make the SG Base buffs more convenient in a number of ways, but... have you considered my well-reasoned and incredibly useful response to the discussion:

"Feels fine to me"

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Thumbs Up 2
  • Thumbs Down 1
  • Moose 1
  • Banjo 1

Choose your weapon:  Okay, I choose words.

I do not believe the false notion that "your ignorance is just as good as my knowledge."

17 minutes ago, ShinMagmus said:

Yes, we could make the SG Base buffs more convenient in a number of ways, but... have you considered my well-reasoned and incredibly useful response to the discussion:

"Feels fine to me"

Kek. W.

• Confused 1
  • Banjo 1

5 hours ago, Clave Dark 5 said:

Five times.

It's a duration buff on something that takes 15 seconds to grab if you port to a good base or the crucible.

You're really choosing a weird hill to die on here.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Banjo 1

On 4/9/2024 at 10:50 AM, Laucianna said:

But you have the Start vendor selling better buffs for something much simpler to get that lasts up to 8 hours and is in a ton of zones?
The Start buffs are more expensive but majority have influence and not a set list of different salvage needed to craft the empowerment buffs. 

I'd be okay with getting two at a time, current duration. Qol, fine.

Folks don't have to complete a mission, TF or spend a large amount. If the only troo cost is remembering to go back to the base.. it is working as intended.

We don't even have to 'run' to a base portal to get to a base. Just stop it with the 'so hard and burdensome'. Geez. 😛

• Like 1
  • Banjo 1

"Homecoming is not perfect but it is still better than the alternative.. at least so far" - Unknown  (Wise words Unknown!)

Si vis pacem, para bellum

4 hours ago, Laucianna said:

Increasing its cost by 1.5 and if you want it for 8 hours you have to by each hours worth? We're not saying that the buff should last for 8 hours buying it once

“Increasing its cost by 1.5” you realize it costs pennies right? This is such a disingenuous point from everyone who’s tried to make it. Nothing x 1.5 = Nothing, people. Don’t lie.

Edited by arcane
  • Thumbs Down 4
  • Banjo 1

34 minutes ago, arcane said:

“Increasing its cost by 1.5” you realize it costs pennies right? This is such a disingenuous point from everyone who’s tried to make it. Nothing x 1.5 = Nothing, people. Don’t lie.

Yes and there's been talks of increasing it with some inf or orange salvage, actual constructive points. You don't like the idea and have made it clear so there's no need to continue this circle ❤️

• Like 3
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Thumbs Down 1
  • Banjo 1

Banner3.jpg.79155737d064c3e5bab470e86fe0e248.jpg
❤️ Kheldian Guide ❤️

🎖️ Friday Fashion Contest 🎖️

🗒️Character Wiki🗒️
Friendly reminder that no matter what anyone or anything is saying, you ARE loved AND valued in life no matter what.

9 hours ago, Clave Dark 5 said:

Some other examples of much more impactful QoL buffs that have happened without needing “major rework or rebalancing:”

• MM pets persisting between zones
  • MM pet upgrades becoming AoE
  • Massive reduction in recharge time of MM pet summon powers
  • Making almost every quick-recharge single-target buff into a 255-target AoE
  • Making the Fitness pool inherent
  • Getting rid of crashes on nukes
  • Assassin’s Focus
  • Fast snipes
  • Travel power level unlocks
  • Primary and secondary power level unlocks
  • Travel power speed buffs
  • The very existence of the START vendors
  • Giving everyone access to /ah

There are plenty of way more impactful QoL changes that have been introduced over the years and somehow the sky hasn’t fallen.

• Thumbs Up 4
  • Banjo 1

3 minutes ago, macskull said:

Some other examples of much more impactful QoL buffs that have happened without needing “major rework or rebalancing:”

• MM pets persisting between zones
  • MM pet upgrades becoming AoE
  • Massive reduction in recharge time of MM pet summon powers
  • Making almost every quick-recharge single-target buff into a 255-target AoE
  • Making the Fitness pool inherent
  • Getting rid of crashes on nukes
  • Assassin’s Focus
  • Fast snipes
  • Travel power level unlocks
  • Primary and secondary power level unlocks
  • Travel power speed buffs
  • The very existence of the START vendors
  • Giving everyone access to /ah

There are plenty of way more impactful QoL changes that have been introduced over the years and somehow the sky hasn’t fallen.

“Power creep hasn’t completely ruined the game yet so more power creep must be good” is what I’m reading.

• Haha 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Banjo 1

4 minutes ago, arcane said:

“Power creep hasn’t completely ruined the game yet so more power creep must be good” is what I’m reading.

Hey, if you wanna go back to Issue 0 or something, don’t let me stop you. I hear there’s a team working on a version of the game based off how it was at launch, which sounds like it might be more up your alley.

There are plenty of good things to rail against if you’re opposed to power creep, but, uhh… this ain’t it, chief.

Edited by macskull
  • Banjo 1
  • Microphone 2

4 minutes ago, arcane said:

Asking for a QoL improvement to not need to go to your base every hour is not power creep.

Asking for a new base buff that gives you negative energy damage procs to all your powers would be power creep.

• Thumbs Up 3
  • Banjo 1

3 minutes ago, Ston said:

Asking for a QoL improvement to not need to go to your base every hour is not power creep.

Asking for a new base buff that gives you negative energy damage procs to all your powers would be power creep.

I see getting an 8 hour free buff instead of a 1.5 hour free buff as power creep. (I’m going to call it free until we can at least agree on it costing more than 2-3 pieces of pocket lint.) I genuinely do not understand claims to the contrary. You can argue it is a very small amount of power creep, but not power creep? Help me, remember Sai said I’m stupid.

• Banjo 1

Incarnates in general were power creep, but longer base buff potential just means that the players currently using them, don't make as many stops at the base.  It doesn't increase their power beyond what they currently have, therefore it literally cannot be power creep.

• Banjo 1

Choose your weapon:  Okay, I choose words.

I do not believe the false notion that "your ignorance is just as good as my knowledge."

Just now, ShinMagmus said:

Incarnates in general were power creep, but longer base buff potential just means that the players currently using them, don't make as many stops at the base.  It doesn't increase their power beyond what they currently have, therefore it literally cannot be power creep.

If a player stops at the base once every 8 hours before vs after the proposed change, the proposed change literally increases their power beyond what they currently have…

• Banjo 1

10 minutes ago, arcane said:

I see getting an 8 hour free buff instead of a 1.5 hour free buff as power creep. (I’m going to call it free until we can at least agree on it costing more than 2-3 pieces of pocket lint.) I genuinely do not understand claims to the contrary. You can argue it is a very small amount of power creep, but not power creep? Help me, remember Sai said I’m stupid.

The only thing that changes is the number of times you have to visit the empowerment station. I don't know why that's so confusing.  

Run 3 missions, visit the station (now).  Run 24 missions, visit the station. 

I'm beginning to think you are being contrarian for the sake of being contrarian. Especially since you have elected to take every comment in the thread that disagrees with your posts as a personal attack.  Your contributions thus far are "I like it but..." "now I don't like it because forum participants are mean" 

I'm beginning to think you lack a  good faith argument and just want to argue/hide/argue.  Tah. 

• Like 2
  • Banjo 1

Freedom toons:

Illuminata

Phoebros

Mim

Ogrebane

3 hours ago, arcane said:

“Increasing its cost by 1.5” you realize it costs pennies right?

This is true.

So my questions are: Is this a problem currently? (in your opinion) And would reducing the duration to 1 hour but then allowing the duration to stack be a problem?

• Banjo 1

"It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire posts, the posts become warning points. It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion."

Being constantly offended doesn't mean you're right, it means you're too narcissistic to tolerate opinions different than your own.

Just now, PeregrineFalcon said:

This is true.

So my questions are: Is this a problem currently? (in your opinion) And would reducing the duration to 1 hour but then allowing the duration to stack be a problem?

I think temp powers/buffs are already a bit overboard, and allowing 8 hours of base empowerment buffs would be worse than the current state of play, yes.

• Banjo 1

5 minutes ago, arcane said:

How is it bad faith to suggest that making it easier to maintain a heightened level of power is power creep? 

The proposal is not an ask for more power.  The ask is a reduction in time sink.  

If you aren't willing to acknowledge that, then you aren't making your arguments in good faith. 

• Banjo 1

Freedom toons:

Illuminata

Phoebros

Mim

Ogrebane