For Fun - Tanker Challenge Dark/Stone

Warboss

Hi all,

Just for fun and to take a different tack on the postings, instead of a "which is better" thread, I wanted to start a "challenge" thread. Feel free to take up the challenge of playing the sets I've posted and to post your experience while leveling. Dark/Stone can be a bit of a challenge due to both sets Endurance hungry attitudes (designs really, but attitude sounds be bit more anthropomorphic). The goal will be to get the toon to 50 (no time constraint, just see it through) and for added fun let's take the new PSi Mastery for the Epic/Patron powers (bonus points if you can squeeze PSionic Tornado in as well). This set will provide some additional End management options later in the game, so it's both practical and has some interesting powers that can contribute to the build.

So, for the challenge to work, no straight up PLing, you can team and such, but no door sitting. You're a Tank! Step up and be a Tank!

A few quick tips:

1) Healing uniques/procs are your friends, get them slot them in Health. The Theft of Essence is your friend, get it as soon as you get Dark Reg.

2) Force Feedback's chance for Recharge is your friend, get them and slot them.

3) Hasten may or may not be your friend depending on your build and Endurance Management ability.

In addition to posting your experiences post what you've tried, what's worked, and/or what hasn't. Feel free to add to your challenge (taking Teleport pool if you normally take Flight, trying to work the Leadership Pool in, etc...). Remember the goal is to have fun, try something new and challenging and relay your experience to the community at large.

Have fun with the set and hope you enjoy the challenge!

Oh, btw, the sets are Dark Armor and Stone Melee (enjoy the added alternate animations for Stone Melee. Nice work, and thanks to the Devs!).

And, I forgot to mention it's "stunningly good fun" (pun intended, decide for yourself if you want to play up to this aspect of the pairing),

Edited by Warboss

Nothing warms your opponent like Fiery Melee.

Tanker Tuesday and Tanker Tuesday Tour Info:

1st Tuesday-Excelsior

2nd Tuesday-Torchbearer

3rd Tuesday- Everlasting

4th Tuesday- Indomitable

Special weekend run for Reunion/Europe

5 minutes ago, ZemX said:

Hmm... if I make a Stone Melee tank called "StoneDark McDark" will you notice it's just Rad/Stone colored black?

Oh wait, was that out loud?

PicardFP.png.a539ed41c1710241ee7a9a5de44001ed.png

1st Tuesday-Excelsior

2nd Tuesday-Torchbearer

3rd Tuesday- Everlasting

4th Tuesday- Indomitable

So... I got a few mins to run my Dark/SM and got him up to level 3 or 4. He currently has DE, DS, and SF. At creation I opted for the new punchy animations instead of the hammers to see how I liked them. Looking forward to hanging a few more levels on him this weekend (mostly because if I can, it means I have some spare time...). I'm hoping to fit all the punchy stuff in, but might have to make exceptions. I normally run all (most) of my Tanks with the Leaping Pool, but for this build I'll be looking at Teleportation (gads, I dislike "tele-Tanking", but those are the challenge rules (trying something different) call for something different, so ...)). More to come...

1st Tuesday-Excelsior

2nd Tuesday-Torchbearer

3rd Tuesday- Everlasting

4th Tuesday- Indomitable

23 hours ago, Spaghetti Betty said:

Challenge accepted!

Same.  And I started him on Everlasting, so he's coming to TT next week.

Prepare yourselves!  It's possible he will actually die more than Witty.

• Thumbs Up 1

41 minutes ago, ZemX said:

Same.  And I started him on Everlasting, so he's coming to TT next week.

Prepare yourselves!  It's possible he will actually die more than Witty.

You're braver than I am! I have been doing a lot of number crunching and I won't be unveiling anything until the project is finished.

But I won't be PLing! I promise!

• Thumbs Up 1

Mainly on Excelsior. Find me in game @Spaghetti Betty.

AE Arcs:  Big Magic Blowout! 41612 | The Meta-Human Wrestling Association 44683 | MHWA Part 2 48577

Click to look at my pets!

I'll look through my characters I might already have a dark/stone tank. I think I have maybe 4 lvl 50 dark armor tanks.

I know for a fact I have Dark/SS and Dark/Kat. The others are likely between Dark/Spines, Dark/Stone, or Dark/Rad. I can't remember. I guess I'll have to look at Excel when I get home.

2 hours ago, Spaghetti Betty said:

You're braver than I am! I have been doing a lot of number crunching and I won't be unveiling anything until the project is finished.

When you gaze in awe at the manifest splendor of this new Tanker concept of mine you will know with certainty that...

.. I am obviously just winging it.

• Moose 1

5 hours ago, Spaghetti Betty said:

Toon created!

JCfMe4N.jpeg

If you see MonsterMurderKill leading stuff on Excelsior, that's me!

That was you!!??

j/k I'm mostly on Torch. 🙂 But glad to see you're in on the challenge.

• Moose 1

1st Tuesday-Excelsior

2nd Tuesday-Torchbearer

3rd Tuesday- Everlasting

4th Tuesday- Indomitable

14 minutes ago, Warboss said:

That was you!!??

j/k I'm mostly on Torch. 🙂 But glad to see you're in on the challenge.

You should pop over to Excel sometime! I don't volunteer to lead often!

AE Arcs:  Big Magic Blowout! 41612 | The Meta-Human Wrestling Association 44683 | MHWA Part 2 48577

15 minutes ago, Spaghetti Betty said:

You should pop over to Excel sometime! I don't volunteer to lead often!

I'm there every now and then (not just the 1st Tuesdays). Might be able to find some time this weekend.

1st Tuesday-Excelsior

2nd Tuesday-Torchbearer

3rd Tuesday- Everlasting

4th Tuesday- Indomitable

Managed to get a few hours to play Eretricus over on Everlasting. He's lvl 27 already as I got in on a +2 Synapse at 15, and just ran a +2 SBB. I usually use fly, mystic fly, or oddly enough teleport, so this one ended up with super jump. Otherwise I threw together a rough build to ensure I get Psi Tornado fit in as well.

Capture.PNG

Edited by SeraphimKensai
  • Thumbs Up 1

32 minutes ago, SeraphimKensai said:

Managed to get a few hours to play Ererticus over on Everlasting. He's lvl 27 already as I got in on a +2 Synapse at 15, and just ran a +2 SBB. I usually use fly, mystic fly, or oddly enough teleport, so this one ended up with super jump. Otherwise I threw together a rough build to ensure I get Psi Tornado fit in as well.

Capture.PNG

Duuuuude that costume. Send me all the costume part breakdown immediately 😂😂😂

5 hours ago, StriderIV said:

Duuuuude that costume. Send me all the costume part breakdown immediately 😂😂😂

Insectoid armor pants/chest/head, organic thorny armor boots/gloves. multipoint spike shoulders, and a little omega effect glow around the eyes.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, SeraphimKensai said:

Insectoid armor pants/chest/head, organic thorny armor boots/gloves. multipoint spike shoulders, and a little omega effect glow around the eyes.

Did you just color it all black to have this shadow look?

11 hours ago, SeraphimKensai said:

Managed to get a few hours to play Eretricus over on Everlasting. He's lvl 27 already as I got in on a +2 Synapse at 15, and just ran a +2 SBB. I usually use fly, mystic fly, or oddly enough teleport, so this one ended up with super jump. Otherwise I threw together a rough build to ensure I get Psi Tornado fit in as well.

Capture.PNG

Great minds think alike. This is very close to how mine looks.

1st Tuesday-Excelsior

2nd Tuesday-Torchbearer

3rd Tuesday- Everlasting

4th Tuesday- Indomitable

38 minutes ago, Erratic1 said:

He colored it all black because black is slimming. 

It actually uses all black on the chest/legs/head. otherwise the gloves/feet/shoulders have a mix between black and a dark dark blue/purple. Otherwise the power colors give a dark dark blue/purple and a dark green. I think it looks like that from the picture because the setting sun.

Edited by SeraphimKensai

As for my leveling report. A friend rolled one as well and we ran them up to FrostFire range (did Atlas, King's for the flight pack, somehow got the Fortune Teller mission (never happens that easily for me), then off to the Hollows). Stopped at FrostFire, so might not be until next Friday that he sees more action. As for the build, I added Heavy Hammer (as the punch, pretty cool animation), and I took Leaping for CJ (I just need that powers...), HOWEVER, I will be taking Teleport as the main travel set (according to the challenge). I think I have all the Primary powers up to Dark Regen.

1st Tuesday-Excelsior

2nd Tuesday-Torchbearer

3rd Tuesday- Everlasting

4th Tuesday- Indomitable

9 minutes ago, SeraphimKensai said:

It actually uses all black on the chest/legs/head. otherwise the gloves/feet/shoulders have a mix between black and a dark dark blue/purple. Otherwise the power colors give a dark dark blue/purple and a dark green. I think it looks like that from the picture because the setting sun.

No love for the fashion joke, eh?

I got to play a little last night! Currently sitting at level 7.

I might be cheating just a bit! 🫎

Full amps and a couple of temp AoEs so I could get in range of the Hollows without trying to find a DFB at 3 am.

Next session, I'll be leading Frostfire!

Edited by Spaghetti Betty