Where are the new story arcs in RWZ?

I read in the last update that there would be new story arcs in RWZ. Has anyone experienced them yet? I solo them the first time to learn the story and then host teams so they can experience them too, but I have no idea where to go. Any ideas?

The only new contact I'm aware of is Pay Phone.

https://homecoming.wiki/wiki/Pay_Phone

Uunderdog - Rad/Rad Scrapper | Uundertaker - Rad/Dark Corruptor | Uun - MA/Inv Scrapper | Uunison - Grav/Storm Controller | Uuncola - Ice/Temp Blaster | Uundergrowth - Plant/Martial Dominator | Uunstable - SR/Staff Tank

Uunreal - Fire/Time Corruptor | Uunrest - Dark/TA Blaster | Uunseen - Ill/Poison Controller | Uuncool - Cold/Beam Defender | Uunderground - Earth/Earth Dominator | Uunknown - Mind/Psi Dominator | Uunplugged - Stone/Elec Brute

Uunfair - Archery/TA Corruptor | Uunsung - DP/Ninja Blaster | Uunflammable - Fire/Nature Controller | Uunflappable - WM/WP Brute | Uundead - Dark/Dark Tank | Uunfit - Water/Martial Blaster  | Uunwrapped - Dark/Dark Dominator

Uunchill - Ice/Kinetics Corruptor | Uunpleasant - En/En Stalker | Uunbrella - Rad/Rad Sentinel | Uunsafari - Beasts/Traps MM | Uungnome - Nature/Seismic Defender | Uunsavory - Poson/Sonic Defender | Uunicycle - BS/Shield Scrapper

Uuntouchable - Ill/Time Controller | Uunferno - Fire/Fire Tank | Uunthinkable - Psi/SR Scrapper | Uuncivil - Thugs/Elec MM | Uunnatural - Ice/Savage Dominator | Uunshockable - Elec/Bio Sentinel | Uunfathomable - Elec/Dark Controller

Clicked on the link, That's funny.

I used to do other arcs in RWZ besides Borea. Don't think this one is a real arc. They keep repeating missions a lot. Seems endless too. It's just grinding (boring).

2 hours ago, Diantane said:

I used to do other arcs in RWZ besides Borea. Don't think this one is a real arc. They keep repeating missions a lot. Seems endless too. It's just grinding (boring).

I don't know what you're talking about. It's definitely a real arc and the missions don't repeat.

Piecemeal Issue 27 Finale

'A Second Chance At A First Impression' - Issue 27 Finale: Personal Story, Piecemeal

A strange, archaic and outdated device in the Rikti War Zone has been asking for you by name. If you are ready, you will step into the shoes of Paragon City's newest and most notorious villain as she comes face-to-face with a situation that (for once) she cannot handle. The amount of humble pie she consumes as a result has yet to be accurately calculated.

A new take on the Personal Story, you and your teammates will be forced to assume to the identity of Piecemeal as you navigate a reconstructed simulation of her experience trying to circumvent the protocols in the Paragon City teleport grid - an event that sends her from one place to another uncontrollably before placing you in the heart of a burgeoning apocalypse. Carefully reconstructed from her 360-degree sensor tech and optical recordings by her M.C. of Information, Bile, you will engage in a bit of banter before witnessing the horror hands-on in this Abomination Simulation.

Enjoy some of the canonical reasons for notorious changes, and a heaping bathtub full of foreshadowing!

destroyed_galaxy_i27finale.thumb.png.75b99fc03863839293e82e26e8b77314.png

This Personal Story can be played together with a full team of 8 players! 

• Accessing this story arc requires having completing Doc Buzzsaw's newest arc.
  • ALIGNMENT / LEVEL: Any - Level 50
  • OUROBOROS / ARC: Hero of the City / Made - 27.95
  • Like 1

Uunderdog - Rad/Rad Scrapper | Uundertaker - Rad/Dark Corruptor | Uun - MA/Inv Scrapper | Uunison - Grav/Storm Controller | Uuncola - Ice/Temp Blaster | Uundergrowth - Plant/Martial Dominator | Uunstable - SR/Staff Tank

Uunreal - Fire/Time Corruptor | Uunrest - Dark/TA Blaster | Uunseen - Ill/Poison Controller | Uuncool - Cold/Beam Defender | Uunderground - Earth/Earth Dominator | Uunknown - Mind/Psi Dominator | Uunplugged - Stone/Elec Brute

Uunfair - Archery/TA Corruptor | Uunsung - DP/Ninja Blaster | Uunflammable - Fire/Nature Controller | Uunflappable - WM/WP Brute | Uundead - Dark/Dark Tank | Uunfit - Water/Martial Blaster  | Uunwrapped - Dark/Dark Dominator

Uunchill - Ice/Kinetics Corruptor | Uunpleasant - En/En Stalker | Uunbrella - Rad/Rad Sentinel | Uunsafari - Beasts/Traps MM | Uungnome - Nature/Seismic Defender | Uunsavory - Poson/Sonic Defender | Uunicycle - BS/Shield Scrapper

Uuntouchable - Ill/Time Controller | Uunferno - Fire/Fire Tank | Uunthinkable - Psi/SR Scrapper | Uuncivil - Thugs/Elec MM | Uunnatural - Ice/Savage Dominator | Uunshockable - Elec/Bio Sentinel | Uunfathomable - Elec/Dark Controller

3 hours ago, Diantane said:

Borea is the contact in the RWZ that offers repeatable missions for players who don't want to deal with a contact with story arcs.  Similarly there is Meg Mason in the Hollows, Marcus Valerius in Cimerora, Dr. Boyd in Firebase Zulu, & Ephram Sha or Maharaj in Dark Astoria.  Police radio or newspaper missions are not available in these zones, so these contacts are the source of endless repeatable missions instead.

The regular contacts in the RWZ are (in order of introduction) Levantera (lvl 35-50), Serpent Drummer (lvl 40-50), Gaussian (lvl 45-50), & The Dark Watcher (lvl 45-50).  They all have story arcs.  But these aren't new - they have been in the game since Issue 10 or so.

• Like 3

Keep Redside - & Goldside - Alive!

Borea is an endless source of missions, much like the Police Radio or Ephram Sha/Maharaj in Dark Astoria. 

You should really try the new RWZ story arc though. It is the conclusion of Issue 27.

Pocket D Zone Tour

Best Post Ever.... 568068478_BestContentEverSignature.png.4ac4138c1127616ebdcddfe1e9d55b57.png

7 minutes ago, Diantane said:

I found the ringing payphone and get nothing either by double clicking or one long press. Guess you have to be 50 to access it.

2 hours ago, Uun said:

• Accessing this story arc requires having completing Doc Buzzsaw's newest arc.

Get busy living... or get busy dying.  That's goddamn right.

So, allow me to try and shed some light here. 

Levantera is the first contact anyone gets in RWZ, regardless of alignment. She's a level 35-50 contact. Her first mission is to have you speak with Borea, and then Borea would have you kill 10 Rikti (I almost always go after the monkeys because I can one shot them most of the time) and then you return to Borea, who introduces the player to 
Serpent Drummer
Gaussian
Dark Watcher
Lady Grey. 

So, if you had actually started any content in RWZ, you should know where Dark Watcher is. 

If you ever use the LFG, you can select Infernia's Story arc, and be teleported to her. 

image.png.525526caf2a1e53bb759806e20071f38.png

I say to do this because, other than using a /loc - which might require an explanation of how to use a thumbtack (Dark Watcher is at 287.0 -56.0 -2123.3, by the way) 
I think this is the easiest way to describe how to find him. 

Fun fact: No sewers in RWZ. There are underground tunnels, but no sewers. 

The figure with the flaming head next to Teflon, (my alt),  is Infernia. Simply shuffle to the left (facing Infernia) and Dark Watcher is straight ahead. 
As shown below: 
image.thumb.png.dc701c44f8569de4603626cd97be5f3f.png

So now you know where Dark Watcher is. 

RWZ has some good content. I like DW's content. Good stuff. But some of his missions, if you've not done them before may leave you frustrated with a lack of direction. Especially when you get to the one that requires you to "Find mission exit". 
If you simply thumbtack your location upon entry when you get to the mission that looks like you're in the shadow shard, that might be something useful to do. 

Edited by Ukase
  • Like 3

Posted (edited)
12 hours ago, Ukase said:

So, allow me to try and shed some light here. 

Levantera is the first contact anyone gets in RWZ, regardless of alignment. She's a level 35-50 contact. Her first mission is to have you speak with Borea, and then Borea would have you kill 10 Rikti (I almost always go after the monkeys because I can one shot them most of the time) and then you return to Borea, who introduces the player to 
Serpent Drummer
Gaussian
Dark Watcher
Lady Grey. 

So, if you had actually started any content in RWZ, you should know where Dark Watcher is. 

If you ever use the LFG, you can select Infernia's Story arc, and be teleported to her. 

image.png.525526caf2a1e53bb759806e20071f38.png

I say to do this because, other than using a /loc - which might require an explanation of how to use a thumbtack (Dark Watcher is at 287.0 -56.0 -2123.3, by the way) 
I think this is the easiest way to describe how to find him. 

Fun fact: No sewers in RWZ. There are underground tunnels, but no sewers. 

The figure with the flaming head next to Teflon, (my alt),  is Infernia. Simply shuffle to the left (facing Infernia) and Dark Watcher is straight ahead. 
As shown below: 
image.thumb.png.dc701c44f8569de4603626cd97be5f3f.png

So now you know where Dark Watcher is. 

RWZ has some good content. I like DW's content. Good stuff. But some of his missions, if you've not done them before may leave you frustrated with a lack of direction. Especially when you get to the one that requires you to "Find mission exit". 
If you simply thumbtack your location upon entry when you get to the mission that looks like you're in the shadow shard, that might be something useful to do. 

I had never been to this section before. Finally found it as well as Dark Watcher, but he just tells me to talk with someone else. Not interested in doing an infinite amount of repetitive missions for Borea, so now I'm at a standstill. She has zero rewards anyway.

So now my only choice is to grind PI Portals (which I hate and will never do again). So either find something in RWZ (or other place) or go play another game.

Edited by Diantane

wow

• Microphone 1
  • Victory: reserved for future use
  • Indom: Schtick, Pummel Pete, Plymouth, Pilkington
  • Reunion: Ghost Legacy, 7s7e7v7e7n7, Mind Funk, Bluto
  • Excelsior: Phrendon Largo, Fred Bumbler, John van der Waals,Allamedia Jones, Tzapt, Sn1pe
  • Torchbearer: Phrendon Largo, Kenny Letter,  Bewm, La Merle, Enflambe', Rock Largo, Bulk of the Weather, Retired Phrendon
  • Everlasting: Phrendon Largo, Krown, Buzz Words, Bicycle Repairman, Dee Fender, Carmela Soprano, Radmental Boy, Beet Salad, Sporanghi,Sue Ahn Cuddy, Fukushima Technician, Snow Globe Girl, Thug Therapist, Apple Brown Betty

1 hour ago, Diantane said:

I had never been to this section before. Finally found it as well as Dark Watcher, but he just tells me to talk with someone else. Not interested in doing an infinite amount of repetitive missions for Borea, so now I'm at a standstill. She has zero rewards anyway.

So now my only choice is to grind PI Portals (which I hate and will never do again). So either find something in RWZ (or other place) or go play another game.

13 hours ago, Glacier Peak said:

image.png.ecded59ef3586b323a39f9a9d43a60c1.png

Glacier Peak was trying to aid you.  I'm making the assumption you didn't realize what GP was implying.  Go to the Ouroboros zone and click on the pillars of fire and ice in the building.  These will give you a chance to play out most missions you've advanced beyond.  You can replay them, too, though that doesn't sound like your style.  You can recruit a team to play them with you, if you so desire.  You should know that once you commit to a mission, while you are on it, you'll play at its level. If I recall correctly, it will be the highest level for its range.  If you're a badge hunter, this will give you a chance to complete any mission badges you may have missed.

1 hour ago, Diantane said:

Levantera is the first of four story arc contacts in RWZ. After you complete her arc, she will introduce you to the next contact. @Ukase explained this already. 

All of the RWZ story arc contacts extend up to level 50, so they will talk to a level 46 character - but you will need to progress through the contacts in order.  If Dark Watcher is telling you to talk to another contact, that probably means that is the contact to whom you need to talk in order to get the contact chain working.

As I posted earlier in the thread, the contacts are as follows:

Levantera (lvl 35-50)

Serpent Drummer (lvl 40-50)

Gaussian (lvl 45-50)

The Dark Watcher (lvl 45-50)

I would suggest checking in your contacts to see if you have any of these already.  You should have Levantera & she should be either willing to give the next mission in her story arc(s) or to give you an introduction to the next contact in the chain - Serpent Drummer.

Edited by Mister Mass

5 hours ago, Mister Mass said:

All of the RWZ story arc contacts extend up to level 50, so they will talk to a level 46 character - but you will need to progress through the contacts in order.  If Dark Watcher is telling you to talk to another contact, that probably means that is the contact to whom you need to talk in order to get the contact chain working.

As I posted earlier in the thread, the contacts are as follows:

Levantera (lvl 35-50)

Serpent Drummer (lvl 40-50)

Gaussian (lvl 45-50)

The Dark Watcher (lvl 45-50)

I would suggest checking in your contacts to see if you have any of these already.  You should have Levantera & she should be either willing to give the next mission in her story arc(s) or to give you an introduction to the next contact in the chain - Serpent Drummer.

I spoke with Levantera, but all she does is introduce Borea

Serphent Drummer tells me to talk with Levantera

Gaussian send me to Levantera or Borea.

Now when I do Borea, she always gives me two missions. I've always selected the second mission since the first one is on all contacts is to kill 15 Outcasts or others. You do enough of them and the team breaks apart. I'll try doing the first mission selection. The second one is just a grind.

So it all stems from Borea, before you can move on.

7 hours ago, Techwright said:

Glacier Peak was trying to aid you.  I'm making the assumption you didn't realize what GP was implying.  Go to the Ouroboros zone and click on the pillars of fire and ice in the building.  These will give you a chance to play out most missions you've advanced beyond.  You can replay them, too, though that doesn't sound like your style.  You can recruit a team to play them with you, if you so desire.  You should know that once you commit to a mission, while you are on it, you'll play at its level. If I recall correctly, it will be the highest level for its range.  If you're a badge hunter, this will give you a chance to complete any mission badges you may have missed.

Thanks and no. Not a badge hunter - lol. I see badges as an achievement with no reward except those that aid your Long Distance Teleport Accolade.

Well that's a switch. I go talk with Borea and she acts like she's never seen me before (have done at least 75 missions with her already - they did say they were impressed with me for what I've done so far). She tells me to go kill 10 ritki and I do. Then she sends me to talk with Gussian who leads me to Dark Watcher, then The Grey Lady and then to Levantera who gives me missions. No idea why it didn't work before. 

Oh also got a badge that allows me to collect Vanguard Merits. Finally something.

Well that's a switch. I go talk with Borea and she acts like she's never seen me before (have done at least 75 missions with her already - they did say they were impressed with me for what I've done so far). She tells me to go kill 10 ritki and I do. Then she sends me to talk with Gussian who leads me to Dark Watcher, then The Grey Lady and then to Levantera who gives me missions. No idea why it didn't work before. 

Oh also got a badge that allows me to collect Vanguard Merits. Finally something.

Maybe you selected a mission so the one from Levantera that has you talk to Borea got sidelined somehow.   Levantera has more to do, then you'll follow the contact chain mentioned before

Laventera's first mission introduces you to every other regular contact in the zone.

If Borea's missions can be taken before an introduction, she may need to be changed to give an "I don't know you, go talk to Laventera" to keep this from happening to someone else.

• Thumbs Up 1

20 hours ago, Diantane said:

I spoke with Levantera, but all she does is introduce Borea

Serphent Drummer tells me to talk with Levantera

Gaussian send me to Levantera or Borea.

Now when I do Borea, she always gives me two missions. I've always selected the second mission since the first one is on all contacts is to kill 15 Outcasts or others. You do enough of them and the team breaks apart. I'll try doing the first mission selection. The second one is just a grind.

So it all stems from Borea, before you can move on.

Go talk to Levantera.  She has 2 story arcs that she will offer you & will (at some point) introduce you to the next contact in the chain - Serpent Drummer.  Serpent Drummer won't talk to you yet & tells you to go talk to Levantera because, until Levantera offers you an introduction to him, Serpent Drummer can't offer you any missions.

You seem to be hung up on the fact that Levatera introduced you to Borea, who only offers infinite repeatable missions in the zone.  You seem to assume that this means that Levantera has nothing more for you.  That is not true - after you complete the mission to talk to Borea, Levantera has more missions, which will be offered to do you if you go talk to her.  And Levantera will at some point offer an introduction to the next target in the chain - Serpent Drummer.

tl;dr Go talk to Levantera.