strange effect auras

So I am trying out a dominator now.  i have this dark dark dom all situated.  the costume, hand colored every power.  dark, evil.  

oh, and the domination power?  looks like a unicorn crapped on my head....

why is an "villain" archetype set up with this pretty pretty princess affect color for their signature archetype power.  which cannot be recolored?

31 minutes ago, Snarky said:

So I am trying out a dominator now.  i have this dark dark dom all situated.  the costume, hand colored every power.  dark, evil.  

why is an "villain" archetype set up with this pretty pretty princess affect color for their signature archetype power.  which cannot be recolored?

Dollface would like a word with you. 

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Glacier Peak said:

Dollface would like a word with you. 

I would LOVE to talk to dollface.  The demon that is wearing her like a sock?  Not so much.

• Haha 1

48 minutes ago, Snarky said:

why is an "villain" archetype set up with this pretty pretty princess affect color for their signature archetype power.

If I had to guess, it's a holdover from a time when game devs wanted to make damn sure you knew when domination was ready for use or while you were under its effect(s).

49 minutes ago, Snarky said:

which cannot be recolored?

Yeah - seems like a huge oversight, but are any inherent powers tintable?  The only other one that comes to mind is vulnerability from Sentinels, which IIRC, is not tintable, either...

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Snarky said:

It must be an extension of Rule #29 of Peter's Evil Overlord List: "I will dress in bright and cheery colors, and so throw my enemies into confusion."  Substitute "use an effect" for "dress".  😁

I find the timing of this thread interesting.  I just started a new earth/dark dominator tonight and when fine-tuning the colors at it's creation, I was shocked that Dark Assault/Gather Shadows (note the name) fires off with a surrounding rainbow of colors which seems to project from the body.  What it does not do is gather shadows to the body.  So I switched it to Soul Noir.  I mean, "noir" means "black", yes?  Now it has almost-black spheres swirl around your character...while projecting a rainbow of colors from the body.  🤦‍♂️

Incidentally, have you ever run an earth/dark dom, Snarky?  While it is definitely a glass cannon, I found its really a fun build, and by level 20, it was starting to show as fairly powerful.  I suspect were I to focus more on better enhancement slotting, the character would be even greater.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

25 minutes ago, Techwright said:

It must be an extension of Rule #29 of Peter's Evil Overlord List: "I will dress in bright and cheery colors, and so throw my enemies into confusion."  Substitute "use an effect" for "dress".  😁

I find the timing of this thread interesting.  I just started a new earth/dark dominator tonight and when fine-tuning the colors at it's creation, I was shocked that Dark Assault/Gather Shadows (note the name) fires off with a surrounding rainbow of colors which seems to project from the body.  What it does not do is gather shadows to the body.  So I switched it to Soul Noir.  I mean, "noir" means "black", yes?  Now it has almost-black spheres swirl around your character...while projecting a rainbow of colors from the body.  🤦‍♂️

Incidentally, have you ever run an earth/dark dom, Snarky?  While it is definitely a glass cannon, I found its really a fun build, and by level 20, it was starting to show as fairly powerful.  I suspect were I to focus more on better enhancement slotting, the character would be even greater.

yeah, the gather shadows rainbow thing.... like, dam....

i have an seismic/temp blaster and a seismic/earth blaster but have not tried those powers on a dom yet.

Seriosly considering dropping the dark/dark dom over the two rainbow powers.  It is not F-ing Twilight over here....

NOSFERATU Werewolf Hunter, Vampire Hunter, Gothic Horror, Horror Art, Horror Movies, Urban ...

• Like 2

Snarky has absorbed all the darkness leaving only bright rainbow colours in his wake

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

The Ghost Slaying Axe. The very best there is. When you absolutely, positively got to kill every motherspectre in the room, accept no substitutes.