Give Medicine Pool Power some love

I used to take the medicine pool on almost every character that didnt have some form of self healing.  As i got to know the game better and improved my gameplay/enhancement selection,  i stopped taking the medicine pool altogether.  Now i consider the medicine pool to be mostly pointless since i use defense and resistance to keep myself healthy and if you wanted a healer then invite a character with it in their primary or secondary.  If medicine were buffed it would still be 'bad' because as a pool power it would never be better than a defender,  corruptor,  or controller's healing.

• Staff of Aesculapius 1

One of the issues many of my characters who would want Medicine run into is the fact that you're limited to 4 pool power sets. Medicine is most attractive (to me) on a mastermind or bubbler that does not have a heal, ie sets like sonic and force field. Those same characters are generally also considering leadership, fighting, leaping/flight, and hasten. This is a very minor and solvable problem, but it does create some opportunity cost.

I was honestly confused at one point and thought Field Medic was an auto power, not a click. I haven't even considered the Medicine pool since I learned it was a click.

The kindest way I can respond to any of these "buff the power sets I don't use until they are better than the ones I use!!!1!" is a gentle pat on the back as I murmur "there, there, it'll be ok."

I think @Glacier Peak did a fine job of talking up the set as it is.  I have it on very few of my alts, but those that have it use it very well and use it exactly as they described.

Maybe, maybe there is a learning curve that some people may not be aware of?  I know that's blasphemy but I can't understand otherwise.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Who run Bartertown?

These days I find Aid Other to be invaluable for all the higher level missions that insisted on adding suicidally aggressive allies (some of whom had to be kept alive to avoid mission failure).

Not having to sit around for several minutes waiting for them to regenerate so they don’t die running into the next spawn is an absolute sanity saver.

My only request is alternate animations because pulling out a green tricorder really doesn’t fit some concepts. I’d like a wand animation and a generic “two-handed gesture towards target/popping on a defensive toggle” for aid other/self.

I wish I could care about Medicine but even if it did get buffed I do not think of any character that would still take it.

Melee builds are tight and if you are in an emergency situation where you can make use of a rechargeable Green Insp it wont have the cooldown to keep you alive.  Since healing IO sets are not great for defense thats another thing.

aid other has a 4 second activation time, aid self has a 5 second activation time.  thats a long ass time to stand there and animate/watch that little blue circle spin around an icon.

and there is a point in this game where incoming damage is huge and healing becomes an ineffective way to keep others and yourself alive.

aright, nows the time to whip out your anecdote about that one time you used Rebirth

If I explain any more about this power pool Bop will nerf it.

3 must haves:

Injection - stacking mez protection teammates or up to (-)57% ToHitDebuff enemies, -12.5% Rech., -18% Dam. . +procability.

Field Medic - long recharge, but the +25% HealDebuff Resistence is worth it for me.

Aid Self - +48% Stun Resistance... (and 5% End Ticks if you run Field Medic). Only take if taking Field Medic.

Pass:
Aid Other
Resuscitate

PvP Capture the Flag!  Bring some fun into it....