Molten Embrace question (/Fire Sentinel)

Aeroprism

Hello beautiful people.

The second power of the /Fire Sentinel line, "Molten Embrace" states that "In addition, all your attacks will have a chance to inflict fire damage over time."

Neat.

But Fire/* already has damage over time.  Does this feature add up to the Fire/* native DoT or is it a (pardon the Sentinel pun) wasted opportunity?

Thank you!

13 minutes ago, twozerofoxtrot said:

It gives you an 80% chance to proc an additional fire DoT.

Oh, it also buffs your damage by 10% while running, too.

😍 Nice!  Looks like my Fire/Fire sentinel might get lots of attention in the coming days!

Now, if only I could find a good match for /Rad...  AoE madness.

7 hours ago, twozerofoxtrot said:

It gives you an 80% chance to proc an additional fire DoT.

Oh, it also buffs your damage by 10% while running, too.

I was going to take flight, is that a problem?

8 hours ago, Psiphon said:

I was going to take flight, is that a problem?

I think "running" in this context means the power is active, not physically running on the ground.

That said, Burn later in the set requires contact with the ground to use.  You can be flying but you have to be touching the ground to use it.

• Thanks 1

Currently playing on Indomitable as @Zork Nemesis; was a Protector native on live.

Just as important, is there a way to turn off the bubbling noise? It's cool, but I very quickly realized the constant sound effect would get irritating over an extended play session.

Wait till you get incarnates,

on my fire/fire/fire incarnated I can have 3 dots rolling just as bonus dam, with char I have 4 dots going at all times.

I also opted to take hover/fly and skip burn,..don't miss it one bit.

Outside of my standard single target rotation i also use fire cages and rain of fire for group destruction.

Just now, Thraxen said:

Mud pots just gonna be there. If you’re not planning on playing in melee I’d say you could just skip it. 

Sentinels don't get Mud Pots, did you mean to reply to a different thread? I'm not innocent on this either...

Closed Beta Discord Invite: https://discord.gg/DptUBzh

• 4 weeks later
On 5/9/2024 at 11:57 AM, Duckbutler said:

Just as important, is there a way to turn off the bubbling noise? It's cool, but I very quickly realized the constant sound effect would get irritating over an extended play session.

Yes... yes there is.

If you have never added mods or modified a sfx file for your game then there a couple of steps you will need to take first:

1. In your game folder create the following folder-subfolders: Drive:\CoH\data\sound\ogg\powers
  2. Click on the Silence/Modify sounds link in my sig and at the bottom of the first post download the Silence-Boop_test zip file and extract the silence.ogg file.*
  3. Place the silence.ogg file in the powers folder.
  4. Rename file to: molten_loop.ogg

*You you have the software, you can create your own 1 second loop of silence.

That should silence Molten Embrace's looped sound. It will also silence any other power/entity that uses this sfx as well.

Edited by Oubliette_Red
  • Microphone 1

Dislike certain sounds? Silence/Modify specific sounds. Looking for modified whole powerset sfx?

Check out Michiyo's modder or Solerverse's thread.  Got a punny character? You should share it.