Granite Armor alternate look

Posted (edited)
32 minutes ago, Triumphant said:

@Rudra  So you think that if some of the players didn't use that skin, for that particular power, on their particular characters- even if you and the other players that like the monster skin could still choose to use it- you think that would damage your (or players like you) play experience or otherwise disenfranchise you in some fashion. 

If the above is not true, I can't think of any other reason why you would object to me deciding to "strip the power set of its identity", as you put it.  It's my character.  What does that have to do with you?

Who says I like it? I don't take the power because of it. (Edit: Well, that and the loss of mobility.) Like I said, but you seem to not understand or accept, more options is fine. Ask for the Crystal DE monsters as an option for the power. Ask for the Magma Lord from the Igneous as an option. (Others previously have. It would be nice if they were made options for that power so characters using the crystal or lava options can maintain it.) Ask for an animated statue option. All those are good options that I would like to see added to Granite for players to choose from. And none of those attempt to take away the power set's identity. Instead, they play into the already available options for the other powers in the set or expand upon how the set is portrayed.

Edit again: And using a different power set that works better for what you are trying to do with your character is also an option. And it is an option we already have.

Edited by Rudra

12 minutes ago, gameboy1234 said:

That's a very simplified design, but also a nice look.  I wonder if there's anyway to do something like that in CoH.

I do not think the game can *only* apply a different texture to your character, not to mention what would it do with characters that don't have any skin showing...  That's kind of why I think it'd be cool to let us choose how "rocky" our characters appear...

Granite Armor debuffing you in any way makes it a hard pass for me already in this game.  But the crippling stat debuffs (including to Recharge time, YUCK) are nowhere near as debilitating as the Costume debuff.  The fact that all Granite Armor users look exactly the same instantly (and permanently) turned me off ever messing with the set.  Now that the HC Devs have revamped Stone Armor to be good outside of Granite: I pretend the power doesn't even exist.  So hey, +1 for the suggestion and I'd love to see any customization at all for Granite... then I might even actually tolerate playing it.

Choose your weapon:  Okay, I choose words.

I do not believe the false notion that "your ignorance is just as good as my knowledge."

5 minutes ago, Shin Magmus said:

Granite Armor debuffing you in any way makes it a hard pass for me already in this game.  But the crippling stat debuffs (including to Recharge time, YUCK) are nowhere near as debilitating as the Costume debuff.  The fact that all Granite Armor users look exactly the same instantly (and permanently) turned me off ever messing with the set.  Now that the HC Devs have revamped Stone Armor to be good outside of Granite: I pretend the power doesn't even exist.  So hey, +1 for the suggestion and I'd love to see any customization at all for Granite... then I might even actually tolerate playing it.

18 minutes ago, Rudra said:

Who says I like it? I don't take the power because of it. (Edit: Well, that and the loss of mobility.) Like I said, but you seem to not understand or accept, more options is fine. Ask for the Crystal DE monsters as an option for the power. Ask for the Magma Lord from the Igneous as an option. (Others previously have. It would be nice if they were made options for that power so characters using the crystal or lava options can maintain it.) Ask for an animated statue option. All those are good options that I would like to see added to Granite for players to choose from. And none of those attempt to take away the power set's identity. Instead, they play into the already available options for the other powers in the set or expand upon how the set is portrayed.

Edit again: And using a different power set that works better for what you are trying to do with your character is also an option. And it is an option we already have.

Sure.  I hear what you guys are saying.  I don't take the power, myself, for those very reasons.  I was just speaking out in support of those that would like a bit more visual customization and who do use the power.  I do think having crystal/magma forms to match the customization choices we already have, makes sense.  I imagine, eventually, the devs will probably take a crack at doing that.  Just depends on how complicated it is to code alternate forms for the power.

At the very least there should be a Crystal version of Granite now that there are Crystal versions of the other Stone Armour powers. Could just steal the DE Quartz model if you don't want to expend too much effort on it. 

• Thumbs Up 3

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, biostem said:

Bio Armor says hi.

I did say "almost completely" but Bio Armor is not entirely like those other sets, you can't be FX less on a Bio Armor character unless you skip a lot of powers.

Edited by Trickshooter
can't* not can
  • Thumbs Up 1

Buff Trick Arrows! | Buff Poison!
Powerset Suggestions: Circus Performers | Telepathy | Symphonic Inspiration | Light Affinity | Force Shield | Wild Instincts | Crystallization
Old Powerset Suggestions:  Probability Distortion | Magnetism | Hyper-Intellect

I remember reading Probability Distortion a few months back and thinking it was the best player proposed set I'd ever seen. - Arbiter Hawk 💚

On 5/13/2024 at 3:15 PM, MsSmart said:

Hi:

When I play my granite tank, it turns me in to a rock boy reminiscent to Optimus Prime, it really aggravates me there are no female optimus prime look.

But then when I read comics, say Superman, his skin is just super tough, and he does not look like the Thing.

So why not give us, at the tailor, a flag we can chose to have super skin and look human instead fruity pebbles or look like we been stoned?

Sue

You've missed all the briefings on why women don't generally have boob-plate armor.
It's not necessary, weakens the protection of the plate, etc, etc, etc.

Such conceits as "carrying the boulders" out front gain you nothing but notoriety as a "vulnerable" target.

If you want to be godlike, pick anything.

If you want to be GOD, pick a TANK!

9 hours ago, Shin Magmus said:

Don't get me wrong.  I don't really play the set anymore either.

Precisely because I can build a better Tank/Brute with effectively no difference in surviavbility (especially when taking into  account the Recharge and damage debuffs)

Don't get me wrong.  I've got several characters rocking Granite.  Because I wanted what was, at the time, the most Survivable tanks in existence.

If you want to be godlike, pick anything.

If you want to be GOD, pick a TANK!