Powers that need alternate animations

1 hour ago, Vanden said:

image.gif.af8482ae1ef39f0f382d36d4519be0b2.gif

8sp1p5.jpg

There are a couple Bio Armor powers that don't maintain a consistent effect but do still manifest that ugly shell, and there's no minimal F/X option to make it not do that.

For me, the powers that most need alternate animations are the Medicine Pool.

Pulling out a chonky green tricorder really doesn’t fit very many concepts at all (and yet Aid Other proves absolutely vital if you don’t have another option to all the high end content where they drop an NPC you’re expected to keep alive on you… unless you LIKE afk-ing for 5 minutes for them to regen because their aggro has been set to “if it’s within 1000 yards… attack it. Attack it NOW!”).

An option to pull out a wand (for magic types) or just a generic wave your hands around while colored light shoots out would do wonders.

• Thumbs Up 1

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, Azari said:

I think one power is missing minimalfx… Ablative Carapace I think?

The shell does appear but then it disappears.  Its only visible for a second or so

Edited by mcdoogss

7 hours ago, Azari said:

I think one power is missing minimalfx… Ablative Carapace I think?

Are there *any* non-toggle powers in the game with minimal fx options?

5 minutes ago, arcane said:

Are there *any* non-toggle powers in the game with minimal fx options?

All of regen’s heals, as well as invuln’s dull pain and unstoppable all have min fx. Perhaps there are more too but not sure off the top of my head.

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, Player2 said:

There are a couple Bio Armor powers that don't maintain a consistent effect but do still manifest that ugly shell, and there's no minimal F/X option to make it not do that.

I think that's what I was thinking of, that there's still some powers in the set that don't work with "minimal FX" options.  Also those textures/SFX are kinda heavy or don't respect the minimal SFX option either, they're hard to get rid of.  Last time I checked was probably more than a year ago however.

Posted (edited)

Thank you OP for starting this post. Devs, can Electrical Blast have the option to use Storm Blast's snipe animation? The one that looks like Zeus is throwing a bolt down. I love it and would really enjoy Electric Blaster more if it were possible. Love you, bye.

Edited by Mark
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

I agree with everyone here that Bio Armor needs more reduced FX options.

But I would also like to see an option that borrows the leafy effects from Nature Affinity. My tribute to Swamp Thing needs it!

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Posted (edited)

It would be neat if laser beam eyes had a energy blast or electricity or overall less lasery looking option available. Perhaps a variant that matches energy torrent a little better.

Edited by Azari

I would like a minimal FX option for teleport where your character just vanishes abruptly.   Or perhaps how teleport looks when you turn on /noparticles. Perhaps an alt animation for teleport with no pose as well.  I would like to nonchalantly wink out of existence in an instant lol.

• Thumbs Up 1

18 hours ago, Azari said:

I would like a minimal FX option for teleport where your character just vanishes abruptly.   Or perhaps how teleport looks when you turn on /noparticles. Perhaps an alt animation for teleport with no pose as well.  I would like to nonchalantly wink out of existence in an instant lol.

An FX option that is just a quick fade out would be pretty cool too, esp if like you say it just keeps playing your current animation.

32 minutes ago, BrandX said:

Still has the ugly power vein lines.

Minimal FX doesn’t always mean No FX in this game. See also Ice Armor or Stone Armor.

On 5/18/2024 at 1:53 PM, strangething said:

My suggestion: Poison

Most of the attacks in Poison are launched from the character's mouth, and there isn't an alternate animation for any of them.

Annoying. All the Mind Control attacks can be swapped to fire brain-beams from the hands. Why no love for Poison? Why does my Poison Defender have to hock loogies at my enemies?

What other powers need some animation customization?

My Poison Corr want to be able to hock loogies for every single one of their powers.

My own personal ask is for a mystical animation for police radio/newspapers and the Reveal power. something like the CoT scroll reading animation, Arcane Bolt, Spirit Ward or the Demon Summoning animation.

• Like 2

Dislike certain sounds? Silence/Modify specific sounds. Looking for modified whole powerset sfx?

Check out Michiyo's modder or Solerverse's thread.  Got a punny character? You should share it.

6 hours ago, arcane said:

Minimal FX doesn’t always mean No FX in this game. See also Ice Armor or Stone Armor.

I know, I just think it's still ugly 😛