Give me them juicy powerset combos - scrapper gotta scrap!

Aeroprism

5 hours ago, Triumphant said:

About 90% of my characters utilize Combat Teleport (along with the macros needed to properly leverage it in battle).  This is one of the most effective movement powers in the game, and once you get used to having it, it can be (IMO) almost painful to do without, most especially if you're playing a melee toon.

It really is one of my favorite powers in the game and you can get everything you need out of it by only slotting a single enhancement in it (though I often put a set of 2 Winters in there, to get the slow resistance and a bit of fire/cold resist).

Amen! I didn’t say the combo, but one of my most personally played Scrappers is a Psi Melee/Shield that utilizes CT. Between that and Shield Charge, I always feel like I can zip around. The +tohit is amazing as well.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Aeroprism said:

Precisely. But if you do that, you can't have Hasten on autofire.

Oh, but you can ...

A "+left$$powexecauto Hasten$$powexecauto Active Defense"
D "+right$$powexecauto Active Defense$$powexecauto Hasten"
S "+backward$$powexecauto Active Defense$$powexecauto Hasten"
W "+forward$$powexecauto Hasten$$powexecauto Active Defense"

Replace Active Defense with whatever the /Nin clicky is called. Green Ring will swap between them as you move around. Easy to manage such that it is where you want it when you want it.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

You see a mousetrap? I see free cheese and a f$%^ing challenge.

Posted (edited)

8 minutes ago, InvaderStych said:

Oh, but you can ...

Replace Active Defense with whatever the /Nin clicky is called. Green Ring will swap between them as you move around. Easy to manage such that it is where you want it when you want it.

Would be great for dominators to have both hasten and domination on autofire, if possible. 

I tried tying movement to autofire powers once before and got notifications on screen continuously for whichever power was not ready to be used. Is there a way to shut those notifications off?

Would be great for dominators to be able to put both hasten and domination on autofire.

Edited by EnjoyTheJourney
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)
18 minutes ago, EnjoyTheJourney said:

Is there a way to shut those notifications off?

Interesting. Don't know about that as I've never seen the notification when using those binds.

Which powers, or just Hasten/Domination?

I could see that happening with powexec, but not powexecauto. The latter should just move the ring around.

Edited by InvaderStych
clarity
  • Like 1

You see a mousetrap? I see free cheese and a f$%^ing challenge.

58 minutes ago, InvaderStych said:

Oh, but you can ...

You are such a beautiful person. ❤️

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, InvaderStych said:

Interesting. Don't know about that as I've never seen the notification when using those binds.

Which powers, or just Hasten/Domination?

I could see that happening with powexec, but not powexecauto. The latter should just move the ring around.

I don't recall which command I used. But, it sounds like I was using powexec, in the end.

I'll try out powexecauto, then. TYVM!

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, InvaderStych said:

Oh, but you can ...

Here is a set of bind files I use on my WM/Shield to set rolling auto for hasten, active defense, and ageless.  it works perfectly and I never have to worry about any of them firing when ready.

file1.txtfile2.txtfile3.txtfile4.txtfile5.txtfile6.txt

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later
Posted (edited)

Axe/Bio is the obvious answer, its the new TW / Bio.  But axe is great on anything as long as you can handle the endurance it uses. An unexpected fun combo was Axe/Ice/Ice. Cyclone them into your slow aura, helps with the lack of tuant to keep them creepin' plus you can cyclone them back or get em range with cleave or the ice attacks if they do manage to escape.

Energy Melee/Rad is also fantastic if you like to do massive damage to single targets. /Rad helps shore up the AoE weakness of EM. Shield can help as well but I prefer rad for the recharge reduction built in and endless endurance that comes with rad.

Claws is also amazing. And goes with every armor set. Some of my favorites have been claws/ Dark, Bio, Rad, Energy, Stone, Invuln, even Willpower was fun to level, but it peters out in the 50+ content, just can't hold up like other armors.

My MA/Shield is super fun. But it's definitely a lvl 50 build it was a little touch and go leveling and required a massive amount of recovery serums to make it to 50.

Some other fun ones, that I just kind of abandonded along the way and haven't yet got to 50.. katana/ninja - pretty self explanatory, and Divine Avalanche helps with ninj lower defense while leveling. Should be able to fix it all by 50 and not have to rely on DA in a finished build though.

Warmace/Rad - rad helps with the endurance hungry nature of warmace, warmace has some soft controls to help give you some breathing room before heal and bubble. Sadly WM is just outclassed by axe now, but that doesn't make it bad, its still fun and effective.

Savage/SR , was very fun to level it just left me feeling lacking at 50 is all. Combination of no taunt aura and lower ST damage made 50+4 EB's and higher a pain in the butt because they'd always be running.

Edited by Krazix
  • Like 3

Spines/bio is fun. Two damage auras. Tons of aoe. 

claws/rad is fun. 

titan/ninja is neat. First attack building momentum will crit from hidden. Then build up when need another momentum. 

• Like 1

On 5/30/2024 at 7:39 AM, Triumphant said:

Try these:

/bind lshift+lbutton powexecname combat teleport

/macro Bamf! "powexec_location target Combat Teleport"

/macro Back! "powexec_location back:max Combat Teleport"

/macro Up! "powexec_location up:max Combat Teleport"

Combine with tab-targetting nearest enemy and/or specific enemy target macro's, this will change your life as a melee combatant.  😎

If you don't have an End starved build you can do all of that with just plain ole teleport and have a much larger range. I slot stealth in sprint and it takes a second for the baddies to realize I'm there. The +toHit from CT is a waste as I'm always already good on accuracy. 

Just my 2 inf.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, WuTang said:

If you don't have an End starved build you can do all of that with just plain ole teleport and have a much larger range. I slot stealth in sprint and it takes a second for the baddies to realize I'm there. The +toHit from CT is a waste as I'm always already good on accuracy. 

Just my 2 inf.

Combat teleport is cheaper, fires quicker, provides a hit bonus, and always keeps you oriented towards the foe.  I much prefer it to standard teleportation, though I do sometimes take both (or translocation or jaunt, if those powers fit my character concept).

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

• 2 weeks later

Ice/EA with caltrops

drop patch drop caltrops laugh

Edited by hejtmane
  • Like 1

FlashBack to old days: Pinnacle

Langar Thurs-Katana/SR 50; Hejtmane-DM/DA 50

Rogue Spear-Spines/DA 50; Hypnosis-Ill/Rad 50

Sir Thomas Theroux-DM/SR 50; Melted Copper-Fire/Shield 50; Byzantine Warrior-DB/ELA 50; Blade Tempo-50 DB/EA

Savage melee/radiation armor also makes for an interesting combo - you'll never want for end/recovery and get tons of recharge buffs.  The only thing you'll need to learn/adjust to is when to use up those stacks of blood frenzy, or when to let one stack drop off so you don't consume all 5 stacks and exhaust/lockout said buff for a little while...

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later

I'm leveling a StJ/Bio scrapper that a ton of fun. Surprisingly, I also liked the Kinetic Melee/Regen guy I made as a joke to be The Worst Scrapper. Turns out Gratuitous Windup was worth sticking it out to level 50.

• Like 1