Community Challenge: Float On

• Retired Community Rep

Community Challenge: Float On!
              - A Base Building Contest - 

image.thumb.jpeg.692d1f6ed8db4682757b045224ddcd03.jpeg

Special Guest Challenger: Everlasting Pride

The Challenge:
This year marks the 5th anniversary of our Pride celebration on Homecoming, and as always, we aim to find exciting and unique ways to celebrate! So this year, we’re introducing a brand new contest to have you stretch your creative muscle and show your pride: by designing a parade float! Your colors, your self-expression, we want to see it! And to tour it of course—they are meant to be seen after all! While a lot of our events have typically been on Everlasting, we’ll be checking out all of Homecoming, and awarding a prize to a winner from every shard. More importantly, you’ll be giving the Homecoming community a parade they can visit whenever they want! Because while we’re celebrating in June, Pride is all-year-round!

The Details:

• Build a float in a NEW base! • The float should fit easily into half of an entry room sized room (1x2 squares of a base, which is 32x64 feet). • The entry room may be used, but whatever room is used should be easily visible from the entry. • The float should look as though it’s ready to be hooked up to a truck, or already hooked to a truck, to be pulled in a parade. • Decorating the room to add atmosphere is not required, but never a bad idea. • The float should be clearly Pride themed. • The sky should be visible overhead, set to the (default) Atlas Park sky.
  • The base used must be a newly created base with a code number greater than these:

- Everlasting: 34573
    - Excelsior: 31596
    - Indomitable: 11373
    - Reunion: 9331
    - Torchbearer: 14688

• CONTESTANTS NEED TO REMEMBER that the Atlas Park Sky has a night cycle, so, plan lighting accordingly. It is not recommended to use Outdoor lighting, as you would not be able to light that in any way. Keep in mind that if you build outside of the base, you will need to hand light your float.
  • Entries will be part of a “parade” base crawl, viewed as if part of a parade. Order TBD by challenger.

Prizes:
From the HC City Council, the Winner (Overall Champion) will receive:

• 500 Aethers
  • The gold title “Pride of the Parade”

Separately from HC, Everlasting Pride is awarding 1 Billion in influence to the winner!

Additional Winners: Each shard will have a winner, and those winners will also receive 1 Billion in influence (from Everlasting Pride) and 40 Aethers!
(Overall Champion is the winner for their shard, no additional winner will be selected.)

Everlasting Pride has reserved a substantial sum to give other awards at their discretion, depending on entries, SO ENTER!

Fine Print:

• Contest runs from June 7- June 28. Entries need to be finished by then, for tours and judging. Final results will be announced and prizes will be awarded on June 30 (Title may take a bit longer to show up).
  • Post your base code on this entry thread by the deadline to enter

• One entry per player. If a player has helped in another build, that’s allowed, but may only win with their official entry. If another entry that they helped build wins, the builder who entered that base gets the prize associated with that award.

Let the float building begin!
- Everlasting Pride and the *Base Community Engagement Team (Group name TBD)

*Disclaimer: Contest judging is subjective and everyone's tastes are different. Please be kind to our judges who volunteer their time for these community events. If you have any issues, please contact Dacy or Easter Bunny here or on Discord! Other judges were chosen for willingness to help, commitment to the theme, and because none of them were going to enter this contest.

• Like 6

(\/)     Easter Bunny 
   ( . . )    Retired Community Rep  |  
Active Base Advocate

c (") (")   Community Base Directory  |  Base Building Guide  |  Base Building Discord 

• Retired Community Rep

Float On Base Submission Form:

Reminder, the deadline for the contest is Friday, June 28, 2024 at 6pm Eastern (11pm GMT).

SG Leader's Global:
Discord handle (if applicable): 
Base or SG Name:
Shard:
Passcode:
Other associated contributors; up to 4 more people: 

• Like 2

(\/)     Easter Bunny 
   ( . . )    Retired Community Rep  |  
Active Base Advocate

c (") (")   Community Base Directory  |  Base Building Guide  |  Base Building Discord 

Posted (edited)

SG Leader's Global: @Mr. Density
Discord handle (if applicable): Kevin Flynn
Base or SG Name: Macy's Day Parade
Shard: Excelsior
Passcode: MACYS-31608

Edited by MrDensity
Wrong name for Discord Handle
  • Like 7

- Mr. Density (Tank)

Supergroups: Earth Special Forces (Excel/Indom), The Doughnut Shop (Excel), Macy's Day Parade (Excel), Order of the Silver Flame (Indom)

Quote: "Jerry, if you think that by threatening me you can get me to be your slave... Well, that's where you're right. But - and I am only saying this because I care - there are a lot of decaffeinated brands on the market today that are just as tasty as the real thing." - Chris Knight, "Real Genius"

• 3 weeks later

SG Leader's Global: @Ai Hai Lilitu
Discord handle (if applicable):  Myndwurx
Base or SG Name: Mystic Ascendancy
Shard: Everlasting
Passcode:
PARADE-34578
Other associated contributors; up to 4 more people: 

Edited by Myndwurx
  • Like 5

SG Leader's Global: @Nightfall Raven
Discord handle (if applicable):  NightRaven
Base or SG Name: Femmes Parade (Femme Fatales)
Shard: Everlasting
Passcode:
PARADE-34692
Other associated contributors; up to 4 more people: @Ai Hai Lilitu

Edited by Night-Raven
  • Like 6

Hello, participants!

Now that this contest is entering into the decision-making phase, I wanted to express my heartfelt gratitude to each and every one of that you has participated. Because I’ll be honest: I wasn’t entirely sure if we’d get any participation! This contest was very much an experiment.

The Everlasting Pride Committee, as we’ve taken to calling ourselves, has put on Pride festivities for a number of years now. However, as you can probably glean from the name, the majority of our events have been on the Everlasting shard, when you know and we know there are vibrant and active communities all across Homecoming.

And so, seeing beautiful and impassioned float designs come in from four of the five shards has been nothing short of amazing.

I’d like to express my thanks to the Homecoming Team for supporting this event with the provision of prismatic aethers and a golden title to our soon-to-be-announced winner, to Dacy and Easter Bunny for their knowledge and drive in helping this event go from a nebulous idea to reality, and, of course, to all of you for providing beautiful creations that others can come and visit, from now into the future.

Because after all, Pride is all year long.

• Like 6

Hmm, now I'm thinking how different a Cosmic Sans font would be?

And yep, someone made one.   Just search for "Cosmic Sans" font and you'll find a couple.

Edited by lemming
after a quick google

8 hours ago, Bionic_Flea said:

We have Cosmic Sand cops?

Welp, you can always create them.

Spoiler

COSMIC SAND COPS!

😺

Edited by Jacke

Hey there, just a bit of bookkeeping as we get ready to announce winners! As noted in the intial post all participants will be receiving something for taking part in this contest, and so I've sent in-game e-mails to all of you to make sure that nothing gets lost in transit!

A couple of you have sent responses already, but if you haven't checked your e-mail yet, I'd appreciate if you send me a reply when you have a chance so that I know I got it right!

And if you haven't gotten an e-mail from me (Subject: Pride Float Correspondence), let me know so I can amend that! Thank you!

• Like 5