Help! Need Prismatic Aether explanation!

missingsc

I took some time off from the game and am now just getting back into the swing of things. Upon my first trip around the city, I found this new BenevoLabs kiosk in the Vaults. I read the description about how to get Prismatic Aether salvage, but it's just not making any sense to me. Can someone explain (or point me to a guide or other thread which explains) how this works and how to obtain the salvage for it? 

Will really appreciate the help! Thank you in advance!

37 minutes ago, missingsc said:

I took some time off from the game and am now just getting back into the swing of things. Upon my first trip around the city, I found this new BenevoLabs kiosk in the Vaults. I read the description about how to get Prismatic Aether salvage, but it's just not making any sense to me. Can someone explain (or point me to a guide or other thread which explains) how this works and how to obtain the salvage for it? 

Will really appreciate the help! Thank you in advance!

In a nutshell, you can get prismatics from randomly completing various missions. (fairly infrequently - although I got three yesterday) It doesn't matter if you're using ouro or not; got one doing the old Sister Psyche TF yesterday. 

The easiest way to get these seems to be to monitor Hero and Villain event messages for GM sightings, head to those zones and help take them down. Now - these GMs will not give you any prismatics. But they will randomly drop the GM Pet recipes (these are fairly rare; when they first came out, I was getting them often, but now, not so much) and something called a Monstrous Aether particle. 3 MAPs will convert into 1 prismatic at the Benovolabs vendor. 

Without really going out of my way, I tend to earn about a dozen PAPs from standard tf/sf/story arcs and GM kills. (after I convert the MAPs into PAPs) on my journey to 50. 
If I specifically look to earn them, I can easily double or triple that. 

Halloween is coming up sooner than we think - look to log in each of your characters for Trick or Treat and earn the defeat badges for the Elite Bosses from that event and earn 10 prismatics for each badge, 5 total. 
So, it would be fairly easy, if the league action is there to get 100's of these prismatics in an hour or less, across multiple alts. Also look to be frustrated by all the level 1-20's with no enhancements in PI and/or Kallisti Wharf, which leads to needless defeats due to insufficient buffs and aggro management. 

I will be looking to bring my lowbies on first - and then my higher levels as we close in on the end of the event. Anecdotally, it seems like after the first weekend, most of the higher level characters have those badges and are switching to their lower level alts, so I plan to do the opposite. 

IIRC: The weekly TF will award a Prismatic Ather, upon first completion (for the week) per character.

Also: The chance for a Prismatic Aether Particle to drop occurs at the completion of any mission. I think they have to be instanced missions, I can't recall ever getting one from an open world hunt mission. In this sense, these are a sort of complimentary award for 'defeat alls'... that is, players can often complete missions quickly by skipping fights... and defeats give all the other game rewards (recipe drops, etc.)... so they ended up being a reward that drops slightly better for players that speed through missions.

Giant Monsters will drop 1-3 Monstrous Aethers upon defeat depending on the reward table. Some are on a cooldown timer (Adamastor and Ghost of Scrapyard). These can be converted 3 to 1 Prismatic Aether at Beneovlabs. 

A Prismatic Aether can drop after completing a mission. The chance of this is low, but not 0.

The best way to earn Prismatic Aethers (outside of Halloween Event) are through completion of Advanced Difficulty Mode content (1-Star through 4-Star) of Lady Grey Task Force, Imperious Task Force, or Dr. Aeon Strike Force. 

The easiest way to collect Prismatic Aether is to buy them on the Auction House for around 2 million inf each. 

Edited by Glacier Peak

Pocket D Zone Tour

Best Post Ever.... 568068478_BestContentEverSignature.png.4ac4138c1127616ebdcddfe1e9d55b57.png

The way nobody seems to be talking about, but is quite viable for some people, is to be rich and buy them off the AH. They're not seeded, so supply will be limited, and buying a bunch of them will run up the price and deplete the supply. But it's a way to get more Prismatic Aethers that is quick and easy if you have put in the effort and time to become rich.

1 hour ago, TheMoncrief said:

The way nobody seems to be talking about, but is quite viable for some people, is to be rich and buy them off the AH. 

On 6/25/2024 at 9:26 PM, Glacier Peak said:

The easiest way to collect Prismatic Aether is to buy them on the Auction House for around 2 million inf each. 

👍

Pocket D Zone Tour

Best Post Ever.... 568068478_BestContentEverSignature.png.4ac4138c1127616ebdcddfe1e9d55b57.png

On 6/25/2024 at 10:57 AM, tidge said:

IIRC: The weekly TF will award a Prismatic Ather, upon first completion (for the week) per character.

Yes, BUT - only if you're level 50 or higher.  Not sure why it has this restriction, since you can earn them at any level by other methods.

On 6/25/2024 at 3:26 PM, Glacier Peak said:

A Prismatic Aether can drop after completing a mission. The chance of this is low, but not 0.

I believe the odds are 2%.

• Thanks 1

Originally on Infinity.  I have Ironblade on every shard.  -  My only AE arc:  The Origin of Mark IV  (ID 48002)

Link to the story of Toggle Man, since I keep having to track down my original post.

7 hours ago, TheMoncrief said:

Apparently reading comprehension may not be my strong suit.

I look forward to you joining my next iTrial badge run!

Oklahoman, Okie, Vayne Glorious, Sooner Magic, Treehugging Wacko, Boy Band, etc

Farming Incarnate Salvage - 1 salvage roll every 15 minutes!  ||  Why NO TELLS to join your little MSR thing?

Using DEMORECORD To Find Who Is Sabotaging Lambda Badge Runs  ||  https://www.twitch.tv/oklahomancoh

Excelsior Bases: The Sooner State (OK-8602), Atlas Records (ROCK-29730), Generic Heroes (G-16581), Sooner Nation (SOONER-8490)

On 6/27/2024 at 7:17 AM, TheMoncrief said:

The way nobody seems to be talking about, but is quite viable for some people, is to be rich and buy them off the AH. They're not seeded, so supply will be limited, and buying a bunch of them will run up the price and deplete the supply. But it's a way to get more Prismatic Aethers that is quick and easy if you have put in the effort and time to become rich.

You don’t have to be rich to buy Aethers. A full mini mode / effect at 250 Aethers costs less than a completed IO build.