Phone app?

Uhm... considering the game calls for a keyboard and mouse? Probably not? Not saying it won't ever happen, just that I can't really see this game going phone app because of the control scheme and how hard finding some objects would be on a phone screen.

15 minutes ago, PosiChimp said:

is there any chance of being able to log into coh via a cell phone?

Most desktops/laptops use x86 processors, most phones use ARM processors, they're not interchangeable and software written for one isn't compatible with the other.  If you could install Linux on your phone, you might be able to run Co* with Wine.  Other than that, your options are casting to the phone (pretty sure i've read that Steam can do it) or paying for a virtual gaming desktop service that you can access with a phone.

A native ARM client for the game wouldn't be impossible, but, like a phone-compatible build planner, no-one's made one in the 5+ years since Co* came back, so deliberate suspension of oxygen intake is inadvisable.

• Haha 2

Get busy living... or get busy dying.  That's goddamn right.

4 minutes ago, Rudra said:

Ya couldn't just say "don't hold your breath"? 😄

Typo, sorry.  The keys were right next to each other.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4
  • Thumbs Up 1

Get busy living... or get busy dying.  That's goddamn right.

I'm not sure I'd really want to play the game on a phone, much less team with those who do, especially if the performance is janky.

I would, however, not mind crafting and playing the auction house via the phone.  I'd even possibly use the costume creator as an app, as I often make costumes with no character in mind, and store them as inspiration concepts until a character is ready to use or modify one.

But I believe this would probably still fall under @Luminara's point about interchangeability issues.

Outside of the game proper, I'd not mind having MidsReborn on a phone app.  It might make a cross-continent flight less boring.

Edited by Techwright
Grammar Nutzi

I'm not super interested in playing the game on my phone.  However, I'd kill for Mids on my phone!

SCRAPPER: Sir Kit Breaker-Elec/Shield *DumDum Pounder-WM/Shield *Snoglobe-Claws/Ice *Ice Flow Joe-Axe/Ice *TANK: Gamma Goon-Rad/Rad *Bernjamin Tanklin-fire/claws *Skullgrin Von Killjoy-Invul/SS *Frozen Snowshoo-Ice/Ice Quarry Goon-Stone/SS *BRUTE: Megahertz Donut-EM/Shield *Ohm Ahgerd Stone/Elec *Shadow Goon-Dark/Dark *Devilaint Le'Z-Rad/Fire *STALKER: Double OHM 7-EM/EA *Sir Kit Interupt-Elec/Shield *TROLLER: Chilly Lilly-Ice/Rad *Chlorophyllis Vance-Plant/Storm *Mechamoo-Elec/Cold *Johnny Burnsalot-Fire/Kin *Countess Gone-Ill/Dark *Lady Gone-Dark/Dark *Calpernia Tomik-Ill/Rad *Porkchop Scallywag-Fire/Nat *Gone Daddy-Plant/Dark *Merrie Melody-Symp/Dark *Toot Sweet-Fire/Dark *Lord Gone-Grav/Dark *Misty Burnsalot-Fire/Storm *Maddie Burnsalot-Fire/Rad *DOM: Scorched Eartha-Earth/Fire *Gazebo Malarkey-Dark/Psi *Clawsin Bloom-Plant/Savage *Diatomaceous Earl-Plant/Thorn *Permafrostasha-Plant/Ice *Corn Cob Earth/Earth *MM: Stupid Robot-Bot/Elec *Dark Leader-Demons/Dark *Silas Greenback-Thugs/Time *FENDER: *Dr. Gone-Dark/Dark *BAG3L-FF/Sonic *BLASTER: PinPointress-Arch/TA *Shimmy Burnsalot-Fire/TA *Lil Beefy-Ice/Fire *H0TT-fire/fire *CORRUPTOR: Shady Burnsalot-Fire/Dark *Kinetic Koala-Ice/Kin *Atmospheric Hazel-Water/Storm *Hami Dum-Seismic/Nature *MiHami Heat-Fire/Nature *SOA *Big Gravy-Crabbermind *Sentinel: NP Seymour-Elec/Regen

I'm not super interested in playing the game on my phone. However, it'd be cool if I could get tells, monitor LFG, etc. from a cell phone app. I don't have a clue what that would looks like, and I bet it'd be a PITA to create, but I think that'd be cool.

• Thumbs Up 1

Oklahoman, Okie, Vayne Glorious, Sooner Magic, Treehugging Wacko, Boy Band, etc

Farming Incarnate Salvage - 1 salvage roll every 15 minutes!  ||  Why NO TELLS to join your little MSR thing?

Using DEMORECORD To Find Who Is Sabotaging Lambda Badge Runs  ||  https://www.twitch.tv/oklahomancoh

Excelsior Bases: The Sooner State (OK-8602), Atlas Records (ROCK-29730), Generic Heroes (G-16581), Sooner Nation (SOONER-8490)

An x86 emulator install HC on phone. Too slow too inconvenient.

A remote desktop connected to your PC? Might be better than the above.

A decent size portable screen your phone connects to? Nah, might as well carry a laptop.

If chat from ingame was relayed to discord that would cover a lot - didnt that used to be supported?

Edited by Digirium

Not long before the game went F2P there was talk of making a Hero Creator phone app. Create your toon on your phone, then send it to the game and play at your leisure.  I always pictured myself sitting back in my chair creating toon after toon on my phone.

• Like 1

Being constantly offended doesn't mean you're right, it just means you're too narcissistic to tolerate opinions different than your own.

With Great Power Comes Great Responsibility.

Let's Go Crack a Planet.

For the character creator (separate from game) app, yes. For the game itself, no way.

• Banjo 1

OG Server: Pinnacle  <||>  Current Primary Server: Torchbearer  ||  Also found on the others if desired  <||> Generally Inactive

Installing CoX:  Windows  ||  MacOS  ||  MacOS for M1  <||>  Migrating Data from an Older Installation

Clubs: Mid's Hero Designer  ||  PC Builders  ||  HC Wiki  ||  Jerk Hackers

Old Forums  <||>  Titan Network  <||>  Heroica! (by @Shenanigunner)