New Powerset for Archetypes

5 minutes ago, Wingslord24 said:
14 minutes ago, Triumphant said:

Very well, then.  I vote that we name the powerset Nimquiggle.

What does it mean?

4 minutes ago, Wingslord24 said:
14 minutes ago, Wavicle said:

In that case, I DEMAND the devs give me Rosenfatz Manipulation NOW. Any delay is unacceptable.

What does the name mean and powerset?

That is their point. Those names don't mean anything.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Thumbs Down 1
  • Moose 1

9 minutes ago, Wingslord24 said:

What does the name mean and powerset?

What does Primemacy mean? Nothing, to me.

Look, you're going to have to face the possibility here that EVEN if one accepts the idea of a powerset with a wide variety of effects, perhaps Chaos or something, that Primemacy is not a good name for it because no one has ever seen that word before.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Moose 1

1 minute ago, Psyonico said:

Isn't it obvious?

It means the same thing as primeacy, which is not the same thing as primacy.

You can't compare that to a name that has no reference to what the power is and does.  @PsyonicoYou spell the name wrong, it's spelled primemacy......... I may need to change this to  Primorcery   or Primestry or put it like Primemancy. Either works.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 2
  • Moose 1

11 minutes ago, Rudra said:

That is their point. Those names don't mean anything.

Our we done here? The name is what it is. If you aren't in agreeance that's fine move on, it's an idea, my idea so if you have a better one by all means share.

• Thumbs Up 1

3 minutes ago, Wavicle said:

The better one already exists in game, the Sorcery Power Pool.

Are you awake? We are discussing possibly expanding the pool into a river then an ocean of powers that can accompany this. (Read past post and comments.)

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thumbs Down 2

17 minutes ago, Wingslord24 said:

Our we done here? The name is what it is. If you aren't in agreeance that's fine move on, it's an idea, my idea so if you have a better one by all means share.

I'm not critiquing. Don't care enough. Just answering the questions you posted.

I already said on several other threads that I'm fine with others proposing a power set that uses magic-themed animations and makes use of a wide array of abilities provided they fit in the AT as long as it is not called some derivative of Magic Blast. You meet my requirements, so I'm withholding further comment on the proposal. However, you don't seem to understand the reason for some posts made in this thread, so I gave an explanation.

49 minutes ago, Bionic_Flea said:

*Sigh*  Words have meanings and accepted spellings.  Sometimes they have alternate spellings but most words have one spelling per language.

But Flea, my last name is Webster! Doesn't that mean that I'm allowed to make up new words?!?

In all seriousness, making up new words, and changing the centuries old meanings of already established words, has been all the rage the last 20 or so years. I don't understand why the participation trophy generations think that they can just make up new words and then get upset when the rest of the world doesn't automagically understand and use those words.

Oh and @Wingslord24, don't you think you've spend enough time and effort hijacking Solok's thread? If you really want to make your own powerset suggestion then why do you start your own thread and make your own suggestion?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

"It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire posts, the posts become warning points. It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion."

Being constantly offended doesn't mean you're right, it means you're too narcissistic to tolerate opinions different than your own.

15 minutes ago, PeregrineFalcon said:

But Flea, my last name is Webster! Doesn't that mean that I'm allowed to make up new words?!?

In all seriousness, making up new words, and changing the centuries old meanings of already established words, has been all the rage the last 20 or so years. I don't understand why the participation trophy generations think that they can just make up new words and then get upset when the rest of the world doesn't automagically understand and use those words.

Oh and @Wingslord24, don't you think you've spend enough time and effort hijacking Solok's thread? If you really want to make your own powerset suggestion then why do you start your own thread and make your own suggestion?

I have said what I attended to @Solok the floor is yours.

• Thumbs Up 1

32 minutes ago, Luminara said:

senior-woman-with-a-mustache.jpg?s=612x6

I knew it! Luminara is actually KingCedd.

• Haha 6
  • Thumbs Down 1

"It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire posts, the posts become warning points. It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion."

Being constantly offended doesn't mean you're right, it means you're too narcissistic to tolerate opinions different than your own.

6 hours ago, Wingslord24 said:

Are you awake? We are discussing possibly expanding the pool into a river then an ocean of powers that can accompany this. (Read past post and comments.)

We're discussing why there SHOULDN'T be a whole set of powers that are specific to Origin. Whatever redeeming qualities there may be in your powerset idea MUST be structured in such a way that they could be fittingly used by ANY Origin, just like ALL of the currently existing sets INCLUDING Traps, Assault Rifle, Beam Rifle, Dark Miasma, Empathy and more.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

On 9/11/2024 at 7:10 PM, Bionic_Flea said:

He does magic things, magically, by using magic.

tenor.gif?itemid=15372757&f=1&nofb=1&ipt=7f446f09c8d0c87c0bae2f3c06cb76a9d6608d586ce4a795517bcc2b4b327a5f&ipo=images

"Homecoming is not perfect but it is still better than the alternative.. at least so far" - Unknown  (Wise words Unknown!)

Si vis pacem, para bellum

1 hour ago, Wavicle said:

We're discussing why there SHOULDN'T be a whole set of powers that are specific to Origin. Whatever redeeming qualities there may be in your powerset idea MUST be structured in such a way that they could be fittingly used by ANY Origin, just like ALL of the currently existing sets INCLUDING Traps, Assault Rifle, Beam Rifle, Dark Miasma, Empathy and more.

Sorry to burst your bubble, but the powers you mentioned are fairly generic, such as Empathy. The others are highly origin-specific. Powers like Beam Rifle, Assault Rifle, the newly added Arsenal Control, Trick Arrow, and Traps all clearly align with a technology theme. Similarly, Dark Miasma and Demon Summoning emphasize a specific supernatural origin. Visual presentation is crucial in conveying what a power is. Also it seems to me that there's not an even representation across origins, and adding origin-based powers will not break the game.

However, I do wish that Necromancy wasn't so tied to a specific origin. I would prefer a zombie power set that doesn't rely on the darkness elements.

Edited by Wingslord24
  • Haha 1

Sorry to burst your bubble, but the powers you mentioned are fairly generic, such as Empathy. The others are highly origin-specific. Powers like Beam Rifle, Assault Rifle, the newly added Arsenal Control, Trick Arrow, and Traps all clearly align with a technology theme. Similarly, Dark Miasma and Demon Summoning emphasize a specific supernatural origin. Visual presentation is crucial in conveying what a power is. Also it seems to me that there's not an even representation across origins, and adding origin-based powers will not break the game.

Beam Rifle, Assault Rifle, and Arsenal Control are not highly origin specific. Any Natural origin character can have a knack for guns and devices. Any Mutation origin character can have a mutation such as superhuman reflexes or perception that makes them especially skilled at using guns and devices or have a mutation that requires a gun or other devices to manifest like the shillelagh-wielding Black Tom. Any Science origin character can have a specially designed gun or other devices that makes use of non-gunpowder chemicals as propellant or other enhancements to improve the gun or devices. And any Magic origin character can have a gun and devices as a focus for their magic, possibly explaining why they never run out of ammo, utilizing a crystal core that powers the weapon/device or propels the the projectile, uses magic to empower the weapon itself, and myriad other means as is demonstrated across many forms of media including comics, movies, video games, table top games, and more.

However, I do wish that Necromancy wasn't so tied to a specific origin.

This I agree with you on. It should have simply been called Undead, Undead Mastery, or similar.

Edited by Rudra
Edited to add ", Undead Mastery, or similar".
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Wingslord24 said:

negative. my Beam Rifle functions on magic, as per my origin. it works by consuming the souls of the dead to generate incredible amounts of negative karma, which it then focuses into a catastrophically destructive beam sorta like a laser except it absorbs and destroys Light instead of being made of it. further, taking a set that uses a weapon or technological props still doesn't cross origins depending on how we are looking at it: my magic origin Assault Rifle/Ninja Training blaster isn't using a magical rifle, they're just using a regular 'ol rifle (that is also a flamethrower/grenade launcher/shotgun/bean bag launcher) along with my sick magical ninja abilities. they aren't indicative of a technological origin or even any proficiency with technology in general.

likewise, Dark Miasma may sorta imply a magical flavour but really it's just referencing some place called the netherworld which could also just be construed as one of the many alternate dimensions that exist. a character could invent a generator that creates that same energy, or be exposed to some kind of substance or procedure which allows their body to interact with those energies, or they could have spent decades practicing a unique martial art and meditation regime that allows them to naturally conduct negative energy safely through their own body and mind.

maybe it's just because i'm used to them, but to me all of the currently existing powersets are really easy to justify being used by any origin requiring at worst to player to ignore select text but still be coherent and easily understandable to others: "yeah, i know i'm technically a 'necromancer' but think more herbert west style 'reanimator', i don't really go in for all that binding circles and shaving every hair on my body to simulate ritual purity"

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

done with the Moogle "community" here. since they obviously don't care about anything lore wise and poop on people who do.  Moogle backstory guide might be uploaded in a 3rd location when i finish the revision. no, it may not be put on the wiki, and what was there of my first one has been REMOVED! please do not reupload. i'm not giving the people here the benefit of the work just to be pooped on and told "lol, let people play how they want, f you." (you can than xXLimpBizkitFanXx, KupoKaiser, daRealSid, boxdestroyer2002, OwlBoy, BrayCat, ButtStroke420, Spencer Gifts LLC, president obama, the San Antonio police Department, my mom not letting me use the computer room after 9pm, GM_Vietnam, Sharkey, DanceDanceCommunistRevolution, my wife's boyfriend Carl, ChronicIBS, shortstackgoblin, sharif for not liking it, Rusty Shackleford, harshBDSMmaster, AcceptAllCookies, BundleOfSchticks, Stygian Owl, Farticus_Rex, Cockroach Girl, Oranbega_Beggar, The People's Democratic Republic of Glendale, GoDaddydotCom, ClarrisaExplains: it all, My Chemical Gluten Allergy, Square Phoenix, Sharkey ((again)), and the rest for making that very clear.)

13 minutes ago, Rudra said:

This I agree with you on. It should have simply been called Undead, Undead Mastery, or similar.

it should be called Reanimation, but there would still be a problem with all the ghosts.

done with the Moogle "community" here. since they obviously don't care about anything lore wise and poop on people who do.  Moogle backstory guide might be uploaded in a 3rd location when i finish the revision. no, it may not be put on the wiki, and what was there of my first one has been REMOVED! please do not reupload. i'm not giving the people here the benefit of the work just to be pooped on and told "lol, let people play how they want, f you." (you can than xXLimpBizkitFanXx, KupoKaiser, daRealSid, boxdestroyer2002, OwlBoy, BrayCat, ButtStroke420, Spencer Gifts LLC, president obama, the San Antonio police Department, my mom not letting me use the computer room after 9pm, GM_Vietnam, Sharkey, DanceDanceCommunistRevolution, my wife's boyfriend Carl, ChronicIBS, shortstackgoblin, sharif for not liking it, Rusty Shackleford, harshBDSMmaster, AcceptAllCookies, BundleOfSchticks, Stygian Owl, Farticus_Rex, Cockroach Girl, Oranbega_Beggar, The People's Democratic Republic of Glendale, GoDaddydotCom, ClarrisaExplains: it all, My Chemical Gluten Allergy, Square Phoenix, Sharkey ((again)), and the rest for making that very clear.)