Vehicles (With Fins)

So say you were in the market for something to get you from A to B to Crime scene (or away from one).

What real-world vehicles would measure up?

I ask because I may have to start saving for something. And yes, it comes in black. 

(Though I might ask them to throw in a little purple metalflake, just for good measure.)

hipercar.thumb.jpeg.aef689a5fe057ff52cd85029ef9504dc.jpeg

jMcCY_SI.thumb.jpeg.2ef4141e0f1bf6cb84f175912e1e88c4.jpeg

This is the forthcoming HiperCar. No, this was not posted April 1st.

Ariel are a British marque known for subcompact toys like the Atom (which I've had a lot of fun with on a track day) and its chunky off-road cousin the Nomad, plus a long history with race-performance motorbikes. So I can fully believe this is the kind of thing they'd come up with while drunk, and and then a whole bunch of people just go "ahahahahathatsfunnyohandYESPLEASE".

It's their first experimental EV, but that jet outlet on the back isn't an Adam West tribute. It really is a Cosworth turbine - used to recharge the batteries, so you never have to worry about range. (Or anyone parking behind you.)

Assuming my PHENOMENAL COSMIC POWERS predict tonight's lottery accurately, I'm reserving one.

Like, the second the cheque hits my bank account. 

So - money no issue - what would be your ride of choice?

Edited by ThaOGDreamWeaver
  • Thumbs Up 2

WAKE UP YA MISCREANTS AND... HEY, GET YOUR OWN DAMN SIGNATURE.

Look out for me being generally cool, stylish and funny (delete as applicable) on Excelsior.

Stryker APC.  Plow through the bank entrance at 60mph.  Debark with my crew of 10 minions/thugs.  Blow bank vault doors.  Grab loot.  Hop back on Stryker.  Drive away at 60mph, shooting anything that tries to stop us with my MK 2 .50 Cal and MK 19 40mm grenade launcher.  Has an operational range of 300 miles (easily enough to get us back to our secret headquarters).

8 hours ago, ThaOGDreamWeaver said:

So - money no issue - what would be your ride of choice?

Confession: I am a total car nerd. I watch IMSA/WEC on the regular. I watch Mazda MX-5 Cup consistently. (some of the best racing currently available, fyi) I low-key follow Rallycross, Nitrocross, WRC, various off-road SCORE races, etc, etc etc. My instagram feed is full of footage from Goodwood, Sarthe, Spa, and the Green Hell (iykyk) among many other car nerd related things.

And yet, there is one and only one exotic I would actually want to own:

BP4A2506.jpg?format=1500w

The remainder of my f#$%-you money, er I mean lottery winnings would go to the proper support vehicles required to take it to every single track on my extremely extensive list.

Driving on public roads isn't driving, it is commuting. The two are not even remotely the same thing. Sure, I love a good B-road as much as the next nerd, but they're almost always too crowded these days. 30-35 years ago, maybe, but now? It is a rare moment that one gets a good road to one's self. YMMV depending on your location.

As a daily driver? Probably something like an M5 Touring, M3 Touring if I could convince the US Gov not to crush it because it would have to be a grey market import. Ditto for the Aussie market Landcruiser I'd want for camping/utility.

Now if we want to add bikes to the thread, then the list gets longer, but not by much. 😉

Edited by InvaderStych

You see a mousetrap? I see free cheese and a f$%^ing challenge.

I'd probably go with one of the Audi TDI LMP cars, most likely the R10 although the R15 would be acceptable as well.

• Thumbs Up 1