Troller ATO question.

Razor Cure

Ill/Storm troller here.

Anyone got some suggestions on where to slot the Energy Font ato proc?

I thought it would be awesome in Spec Terror....an aoe, more targets hit=more chance to fire off, And the moderate recharge would go with teh 1PPM rate.

However..It is just crap there. Tested it for ages, only got maybe..5? procs from 50 activations.

Maybe Tornado would work better?

I dunno, someone reported in a previous thread a good proc rate in their AoE immobilize. I have one but it's not currently in my build I was so underwhelmed with it when I had it before. I'm seriously considering trying to sell mine.

See me on Excelsior as Eridanus - Whisperkill - Kid Physics - Ranger Wilde - The Hometown Scrapper - Firewatch - and more!

I had one on my Ill/Cold in Blind and I often had 2 or 3 up whenever I was spamming holds but I ended up dropping the proc from the build because it didn't seem to add too much.

Torchbearer:

Sunsinger - Fire/Time Corruptor

Cursebreaker - TW/Elec Brute

Coldheart - Ill/Cold Controller

Mythoclast - Rad/SD Scrapper

Give a man a build export and you feed him for a day, teach him to build and he's fed for a lifetime.

I've been trying to figure out procs in general.  So far I see the best proc rate in Pets.  So the best place I am seeing for it for me is going to be Carrion Creepers for my Plant/Rad.  Not sure at this moment, and not sure you'll have the slots for it but to me PA might be the best place.

I play where my toons are... and they are everywhere.  But Everlasting is my current main home.  Come on by my base GOLD-11404.  And, yes, most of my toons start Gold Side (Bold Side)!
If you want to make a fortune of Inf in City of Heroes, watch my guide on the Auction House.
Or come on by and visit my Discord.

I run my theme groups there and chat with Twitch viewers in voice there.
And lastly, come see my on Twitch.  City of Heroes is my main game!

Ill/Storm troller here.

Anyone got some suggestions on where to slot the Energy Font ato proc?

I thought it would be awesome in Spec Terror....an aoe, more targets hit=more chance to fire off, And the moderate recharge would go with teh 1PPM rate.

However..It is just crap there. Tested it for ages, only got maybe..5? procs from 50 activations.

Maybe Tornado would work better?

Hmmm... I would also have thought that Spectral Terror would be a good place for it. Maybe Thunderclap? Turn that AoE Mag 2 Stun into something worthwhile by adding more Mag 2 stuns?

I put it in my singularity thinking it would be as good as the proc from Will, which i'm pretty happy with in the pet as it using it with both the hold and immob and has added some nice damage.

It is not. Seems to only proc when you summon singularity. I watched for a good 20 mins of him killing things and didn't see it go off at all. But it fires when you summon.

Energy Font needs to be slotted into a power that is not a summons or (presumably) a pseudo-pet.  You also want it to be in a fast recharging power that you can use "often" either as a single target in a repeating attack chain or in an AoE which offers a fast recharge.  Either way, you want to use the Chuck Lots Of Dice! method for getting it to proc.

The worst thing you can do is expect/need Energy Font to proc THIS time you cast the power as part of a synergy/strategy that won't work when you need it.  Assume that Energy Font will fall into the category of Nice To Have™ rather than being an absolute imperative to have proc every time you use the power it is slotted into.

Remember ... CHANCE to proc ... does not equate to "will proc every time you need it to" ...

IifneyR.gif

Verbogeny is one of many pleasurettes afforded a creatific thinkerizer.

Energy Font needs to be slotted into a power that is not a summons or (presumably) a pseudo-pet.  You also want it to be in a fast recharging power that you can use "often" either as a single target in a repeating attack chain or in an AoE which offers a fast recharge.  Either way, you want to use the Chuck Lots Of Dice! method for getting it to proc.

The worst thing you can do is expect/need Energy Font to proc THIS time you cast the power as part of a synergy/strategy that won't work when you need it.  Assume that Energy Font will fall into the category of Nice To Have™ rather than being an absolute imperative to have proc every time you use the power it is slotted into.

Remember ... CHANCE to proc ... does not equate to "will proc every time you need it to" ...

This makes more sense and makes me want to break out storm so I can just load Gale with procs and spam it for giggles.  Except you can't put Energy Font in it.

I play where my toons are... and they are everywhere.  But Everlasting is my current main home.  Come on by my base GOLD-11404.  And, yes, most of my toons start Gold Side (Bold Side)!
If you want to make a fortune of Inf in City of Heroes, watch my guide on the Auction House.

Moved it to my single target hold... I will be selling it shortly...

I think it would work well in wormhole based on the rech/aoe proc formula, but the second issue is even when it procs i don't really see the little guy do anything.

Apparently the font is a mag 2 stun pbaoe that also does like, 10 damage to whatever mob its sitting on top of.

See me on Excelsior as Eridanus - Whisperkill - Kid Physics - Ranger Wilde - The Hometown Scrapper - Firewatch - and more!

I dunno, someone reported in a previous thread a good proc rate in their AoE immobilize. I have one but it's not currently in my build I was so underwhelmed with it when I had it before. I'm seriously considering trying to sell mine.

It wasn't me, but that's where I currently have it slotted. It procs about 2/3 of the time too, it feels like.

I think it would work well in wormhole based on the rech/aoe proc formula, but the second issue is even when it procs i don't really see the little guy do anything.

Apparently the font is a mag 2 stun pbaoe that also does like, 10 damage to whatever mob its sitting on top of.

in that case I'll move it to wormhole and give it one more shot. (yay enhancement unslotters!)

in that case I'll move it to wormhole and give it one more shot. (yay enhancement unslotters!)

I would not put the Energy Font proc in Wormhole as it will cause Wormhole to create aggro.  If you avoid damage procs and Energy font Wormhole has the ability to reposition enemies without causing aggro on you.

I would not put the Energy Font proc in Wormhole as it will cause Wormhole to create aggro.  If you avoid damage procs and Energy font Wormhole has the ability to reposition enemies without causing aggro on you.

yay I like the does not notify feature of the new wormhole. I was hoping (without much reason) it would summon the font upon release. if it summons it upon initial casting then it would be useless in my case as the spawn is often relocated so it would then have to travel over to them.

oh well. can't win them all.

• 3 weeks later

Since a bunch of post were lost in the forum upgrade here is a repost.

I was using this in Tornado and it worked pretty well. So I went to Mids to check its stats.

Has a autohit aura that ticks every 4 seconds (plus inital tick)

Aura does 11 damage, has 15 radius and 16 target cap

Has a 30% chance to stun at mag 2 for 3 seconds

Last 20 seconds so should get 6 'ticks'

66 AoE damage every proc is fairly decent to me.

Looks like I lost a reply here too yesterday.

I use this in my AOE immob, and when farming at least it activates practically every time I cast the immob. I almost always have out a minimum of two Energy Fonts, and often three, rarely even a fourth one. I'm sure there are other powers that equally useful to slot it in, but for me it's the AOE immob in Plant.