Frequent Rubberbanding in AP

EggKookoo

Whenever AP is even moderately busy, I see serious rubberbanding issues throughout the zone. It's not my computer -- my wife and I play together and we'll both see it at the same time on our two machines.

Does anyone else see this during busy times? I'm trying to determine if the problem is my network, which is possible but doesn't seem likely, or if it's the servers. It happens once in a great while in other zones, but AP becomes predictably (almost) unplayable once above a certain number of players. If it's the servers, is that addressed by spawning more AP instances sooner?

Whenever AP is even moderately busy, I see serious rubberbanding issues throughout the zone. It's not my computer -- my wife and I play together and we'll both see it at the same time on our two machines.

Does anyone else see this during busy times? I'm trying to determine if the problem is my network, which is possible but doesn't seem likely, or if it's the servers. It happens once in a great while in other zones, but AP becomes predictably (almost) unplayable once above a certain number of players. If it's the servers, is that addressed by spawning more AP instances sooner?

I defintely see this AP all the time and especially as I get to Atlas Plaza, and especially when everyone there is spamming effects up the wazoo. 

"The opposite of a fact is falsehood, but the opposite of one profound truth may very well be another profound truth." - Niels Bohr

Global Handle: @JusticeBeliever ... Home servers on Live: Guardian ... Playing on: Everlasting

I defintely see this AP all the time and especially as I get to Atlas Plaza, and especially when everyone there is spamming effects up the wazoo.

I suspect it's not power-effects-related, though, as (at least in theory) any of that stuff that's offscreen shouldn't be eating GPU/CPU cycles. And it happens even inside City Hall if the zone at large is very crowded.

Well when half the server is dry-humping Ms. Liberty...things start to tilt for sure. If they'd be kind enough to lose the pets and AoEs, then I'd bet that'd have an impact, but overall there's just so many people. AP often has 5 instances compared to like 2-3 for the other zones.

OG Server: Pinnacle  <||>  Current Primary Server: Torchbearer  ||  Also found on the others if desired

Installing CoX:  Windows  ||  MacOS  ||  MacOS for M1  <||>  Migrating Data from an Older Installation

Clubs: Mid's Hero Designer  ||  PC Builders  ||  HC Wiki  ||  Jerk Hackers

Old Forums  <||>  Titan Network  <||>  Heroica! (by @Shenanigunner)

Well when half the server is dry-humping Ms. Liberty...things start to tilt for sure. If they'd be kind enough to lose the pets and AoEs, then I'd bet that'd have an impact, but overall there's just so many people. AP often has 5 instances compared to like 2-3 for the other zones.

I'm tempted to suggest a brute-force solution, something like "if you are within 20 feet of Ms. Liberty for more than five minutes without interacting with her, you're automatically teleported to a random location in Atlas Plaza", but that's probably overkill.

I'm tempted to suggest a brute-force solution, something like "if you are within 20 feet of Ms. Liberty for more than five minutes without interacting with her, you're automatically teleported to a random location in Atlas Plaza", but that's probably overkill.

Possibly the only workable solution is to make Ms. Liberty only work as a trainer for levels 1-7 (or something) and add a bunch of other trainers to AP, scattered about. Like how Back Alley Brawler is off by himself.

Maybe a power dampening effect in Atlas Plaza?  (Not Atlas Park, just the Plaza...)

"The opposite of a fact is falsehood, but the opposite of one profound truth may very well be another profound truth." - Niels Bohr

Global Handle: @JusticeBeliever ... Home servers on Live: Guardian ... Playing on: Everlasting

Maybe a power dampening effect in Atlas Plaza?  (Not Atlas Park, just the Plaza...)

I'd + this if I didn't think that it would have an effect on CCs (you'd get a BIG cry about it).

OG Server: Pinnacle  <||>  Current Primary Server: Torchbearer  ||  Also found on the others if desired

Installing CoX:  Windows  ||  MacOS  ||  MacOS for M1  <||>  Migrating Data from an Older Installation

The problem with this is the reason many end up sitting there so long is the costume designer. You'd have to split it off entirely at which point the load would center around say Icon.

I'd + this if I didn't think that it would have an effect on CCs (you'd get a BIG cry about it).

CC's = costume changes?  I wouldn't think we would dampen that as they are a power...

Costume contests. Although putting power suppression in, say, a 40'-50' radius around Ms. Liberty, rather than Atlas Plaza as a whole (what ever radius would not quite reach the plinth the Atlas statue is on, so CCs up on the plinth are good) would be sufficient. Although the idea of turning off Ms. Liberty's function as a costume editor, so people would spread out to BAB and Icon, is a good one.

CC's = costume changes?  I wouldn't think we would dampen that as they are a power...

Let me say, it has little to do with Atlas Plaza and more to do with the server. When the servers were first opened...the rubberbanding was atrocious.  It got better over time until it was gone. Now, for the past 15 days or so it has came back...and this is the whole game, not just Atlas. I think server load may have something to do with it, but server load isn't the only thing to blame, because servers can be in the yellow and I will still experience rubberbanding. This can happen even when inside missions.

I play other games as well that are much more graphic heavy, Planetside 2. No lag, no rubberbanding, no latency. Perfectly smooth.

I work for the ISP that I am connected to, all tests come back solid. Noise floor is perfect, all signals on all channels perfect, no overload of nodes, no ingress, speed tests are above what we offer (1 Gig) and pings are excellent. This is not a client side issue....whatever is going on is server side.

Let me say, it has little to do with Atlas Plaza and more to do with the server....whatever is going on is server side.

I think both are true.  It is definitely a server side issue, however I am not seeing the issue anywhere  else except Atlas Park, and always see when entering Atlas Plaza.  The music goes off as I enter the Plaza and then I am snapped back

Let me say, it has little to do with Atlas Plaza and more to do with the server....whatever is going on is server side.

I think both are true.  It is definitely a server side issue, however I am not seeing the issue anywhere  else except Atlas Park, and always see when entering Atlas Plaza.  The music goes off as I enter the Plaza and then I am snapped back

I can certainly say not everyone is getting rubberbanding. It's the same as it was last time the rubberbanding was around. Some experienced it, others did not.

I can say this though, what I experience in Atlas Plaza is no different than what I am seeing elsewhere. It is very random for me, about once every minute or so on average. But I can go as long as 10 minutes without any issues at all, or I can experience the issue back to back within a course of several seconds. Very random for me.

I see it all over the zone, not just the plaza. In fact I've gotten into the habit of standing still for three or so seconds when getting off the monorail. If I run out of the station as soon as I arrive, I will almost certainly get snapped back into it.

It typically only happens in AP, but just tonight I noticed it happening in Steel Canyon as well. And as I said earlier, if it happens to me, it happens to my wife at the same exact time. That's how I know for sure it's not strictly client-related.

I was getting it today in AP.

Server was under 1k pop. Didnt see any power spamming or tons of pets.

Might be a server population thing, lots of alts perhaps?

** Asus TUF x670E Gaming, Ryzen 7950x, AIO Corsair H150i Elite, TridentZ 192GB DDR5 6400, Sapphire 7900XTX, 48" 4K Samsung 3d & 56" 4k UHD, NVME Sabrent Rocket 2TB, MP600 Pro 8tb, MP700 2 TB. HDD Seagate 12TB **

** Corsair Voyager a1600 **