QOL Request: Allow for Universal Travel IO's to be Slotted into Prestige Sprints

32 minutes ago, Razor Cure said:

lol, seriously? The argument to stalker-nin NOT having a staple of 98% of other melee sets is...Nin gets (in your words) an almost must skip power? Well gee..that sounds like awesome set design. Lemme not have something pivotal to melees and get something useless instead! Yay.

Seriously is that Ninja for stalker was developed on live and they gave them that placate and leaving them that hole in a set that covers pretty nicely many other things.

But in general, doing all the same as another set with fewer powers is not a bad thing in itself, in fact pretty much builds into flexibility, so indeed I stand by my statement. And "in my words" it's not an "almost" skip, it's a skip period, at least as far as its mechanical value is concerned.

edit: to be clear, here the flexibility is simply not there, you just have a free power slot to fill with a power that does more or less, actually less, the same. So not a big deal, but nowhere near great, simply passable.

Edited by Itikar

25 minutes ago, Itikar said:

And "in my words" it's not an "almost" skip, it's a skip period, at least as far as its mechanical value is concerned.

Again..trading a totally SKIP power for something as huge as KB prot. That is more flexible? Since I skip the skippable power (naturally) THEn just have to pick up a power pool to cover a hole in the set, that is a lot less useful than if the set actually HAD that hole covered in itself (you know, like nearly every other melee def set does). Less flexible, since you only get 4 pool powers.

1 hour ago, Razor Cure said:

Again..trading a totally SKIP power for something as huge as KB prot. That is more flexible? Since I skip the skippable power (naturally) THEn just have to pick up a power pool to cover a hole in the set, that is a lot less useful than if the set actually HAD that hole covered in itself (you know, like nearly every other melee def set does). Less flexible, since you only get 4 pool powers.

Plenty of melee builds that skip combat jumping, yeah. Come on.

Edited by Itikar

On 7/5/2019 at 12:00 AM, Silent Method said:

Thankfully, I don't think that Incarnates or Power Boost affect knockback, so we don't have to worry about fringe cases from those.

Power Boost doesn't affect knockback any more. Back on live, before ED and that change, one of the pasttimes for the easily amused was to take a level-50 /EM blaster, six-slot Power Push for knockback, then go to Atlas and find a Hellion, line up so that the Hellion was between you and the long axis of the zone, hit Power Boost, then Power Push the Hellion. Because you were 50 and the Hellion was under 5, you'd get a huge boost to your knockback effect, and with a good shot (i.e., missing the buildings), you could punt the Hellion diagonally across most of the zone. Even with a more rational slotting of Power Push, you could easily get a couple of hundred yards.

Have to say I don't see any point in that level of KB protection, but then I've never had any use at all for PvP.  I'll grab Shivans and occasionally missiles but I don't care one way or another about PvP other than I personally dislike it.  Rather emphatically in fact.

That said, back on Live PvP was nearly nonexistent on most servers and I've never seen another player in a PvP zone while I was getting Shivans on Excelsior.

Guardian Survivor, occasional tanker and player of most AT's.

Guides: Invulnerability Tankers, The first 20 levels.  Invulnerability Tankers Soft Cap defense

Spoiler

3 hours ago, Call Me Awesome said:

Have to say I don't see any point in that level of KB protection, but then I've never had any use at all for PvP.  I'll grab Shivans and occasionally missiles but I don't care one way or another about PvP other than I personally dislike it.  Rather emphatically in fact.

That said, back on Live PvP was nearly nonexistent on most servers and I've never seen another player in a PvP zone while I was getting Shivans on Excelsior.

That is just a bad response to the whole point of the post. Because that level of kb prot is ONLY needed in pvp. Why bother to reply and just say its all moot, because you dont care about it? The people who do pvp, DO care about it.

6 hours ago, Itikar said:

Plenty of melee builds that skip combat jumping, yeah. Come on.

Really? See how many DA or FA melees skip CJ, cause both those sets get zero immob prot (besides burn). Every other melee can skip cj, cause they get immob resists. In the same way they can all skip Accro, as they have kb prot.

1 hour ago, Razor Cure said:

That is just a bad response to the whole point of the post. Because that level of kb prot is ONLY needed in pvp. Why bother to reply and just say its all moot, because you dont care about it? The people who do pvp, DO care about it.

Really? See how many DA or FA melees skip CJ, cause both those sets get zero immob prot (besides burn). Every other melee can skip cj, cause they get immob resists. In the same way they can all skip Accro, as they have kb prot.

er maybe you should change your  name to Woosh, I think you missed the thrust of both the posts you quoted

Mayhem

It's my Oeuvre baby!

7 hours ago, Razor Cure said:

They certainly can, but in my experience the overwhelming majority of builds, not even just melee, often put in there combat jumping, since its usefulness is by all means not limited to the immobilization protection. I would rather say the immob in cj is icing on the cake.

On 10/17/2019 at 9:27 AM, aethereal said:

No, seriously, can someone tell me why PvP KB mags are so high?  I assume there is some reason, it seems like an obvious fix otherwise, but I'm now really curious about what the reason is.

Because that starting point was PVE in mags, then acro got the nerfbat and PVPers reacted by making build sacrifices and running kins (we were already doing that anyways) in 8v8s so the game just went on.

Castle was too lazy to understand the inner workings of an 8v8 to balance around those sorts of encounters, so i13 happened and here we are now.

He now works on the Goosebumps mobile app. A game renowned for... Definitely not its PVP game mechanics.

Good summary?

9 hours ago, aethereal said:

Okay, but couldn't we just reduce those mags in PvP only?  That seems like the easier fix than making it mandatory to slot a bunch of useless sprints.

It's a lot more work and doesn't solve the problem.

"If you can read this, I've failed as a developer." -- Caretaker

Proc information and chance calculator spreadsheet (last updated 15APR24)

Player numbers graph (updated every 15 minutes) Graph readme

@macskull/@Not Mac | Twitch | Youtube

This request is not a QoL (quality of life). It does not increase convenience and ease of use for the player without affecting mechanical strength.

It is a request for a straight buff to all characters' knockback resist, as it effectively adds up to +24 points of knockback protection (only +20 if you need one of your sprints for a stealth IO), with no opportunity cost in builds required to balance it out.

Hard pass, this suggestion is terrible.