Please remove the transparency effect from Darkness Affinity/Fade

Fade is a great power, but its transparency effect is problematic for two reasons:

1) It suggests that it's granting stealth, when it doesn't. I think it may be the only power that grants transparency without stealth or intangibility.

2) It doesn't seem to play nice with many people's systems. It is pretty much 60 seconds of annoyingly rapid flickering on anyone who gets the buff.

The glowing eye effect can stay, and maybe some other VFX to let you know it's still going, but please remove the transparency, if possible!

• Like 1

Buff Trick Arrows! | Buff Poison! | Powerset Suggestions: Circus Performers Telepathy | Old Powerset Suggestions:  Probability Distortion | Magnetism | Hyper-Intellect

Some day, the prophecy will be fulfilled; Trick Arrows will be buffed and I will finally be allowed to diehttps://twitter.com/trickshootah

The Strange Relationship between Damage Buffs and Damage Resistance OR "Why doesn't Power Boost work on Cold Shields!?"

I think the transparency effect is a relic of the power's original nature--it was originally group intangibility, which a lot of players found annoying because it meant that if the Controller panicked, suddenly everyone found themselves intangible and unable to hit anything.

Since it no longer actually is intangibility, I agree--that transparency effect should go.

If you liked what I had to say, please check out my City of Heroes guides!

I do agree. The transparency needs to go bye bye since it does not grant any transparency. It confused me when I was trying to lead an NPC out of a mission, I kept thinking the NPC couldn't see me. Finally I had to look and see what was on me just to find it was only fade. I like the darkness effect and the eyes though.

P.S. it does not affect my system though.

+1

Misleading visual effect is misleading.

Global Handle: @PaxArcana ... Home servers on Live: Freedom Virtue ... Home Server on HC: Torchbearer

Archetype: Casual Gamer ... Powersets:  Forum Melee / Neckbeard ... Kryptonite:  Altoholism

• 4 weeks later