LoTG proc manipulation

cyvert

I don't know if I buy that conspiracy theory, but I do know that the number for sale dropped fairly low this weekend, and the price went up.  I've had a bunch of them listed for 7.1 million for weeks and they all sold this afternoon. 

Now, if someone listed them for 12 million... well good luck, because people can produce more to list for sale pretty quickly.  ^_^

I don't know if I buy that conspiracy theory, but I do know that the number for sale dropped fairly low this weekend, and the price went up.

Yeah, a drop in the supply can easily be caused by a spike in demand due to the weekend or fewer people converting them (it is a pretty time intensive process).

It could also be the market adjusting. Personally I think the price they were trading at is a bit low for the effort involved. There's plenty of other IOs with decent profits that require fewer conversions per enhancement. So I wouldn't be to surprised if some of the people who were converting them switched to other niches that require less effort.

EDIT: Looks like they are back down to 5-6million so it wasn't a market adjustment. I still stand by my comment that I think the market as a whole is undervaluing them.

Defender Smash!

As time goes by, I think we will see more of these shenanigans.  If you have a lot a LOT of inf and have purpled out your mains, what are you gonna spend your influence on?

I’ve often wondered if I could earn enough inf to buy out the cap in the common salvage market just to see what would happen.  The devs would probably add another 20mm, but it would be fun to try!

Who run Bartertown?

When I convert LotGs, I generally just sell whatever they turn into unless their selling price is really low, like 2 to 3 million. In which case I might convert-in-set once to something else. But converting in set enough times for that 1 in 5 chance to come up can require enough conversions to eat up any profit out of the difference in price.

Unless, of course, they were selling at 12 million. Then it might actually be worth it.

If you liked what I had to say, please check out my City of Heroes guides!

I think it was due to a lot of activity over the long weekend. I made a ton of influence the last four or five days because things I've been selling 10-20 a day I was suddenly moving over 100 a day. Plus I bought 15 of those Lucks myself and just paid whatever price I saw displayed because I wanted them immediately, so I'm sure I blew through an extra 60-75 million due to my lack of patience.

It looks like someone bought all the LoTG procs and relisted them for 12m each...which one of you psychopaths was it?

That explains why a friend of mine who had one listed at 10M for weeks from before the price dropped down to the 5-6M range finally had it sell, I'll pass along his thanks to whoever tried this doomed attempt to manipulate the market! :)

I know that Luck of the Gambler Defense/Endurance IOs were down to about 10 total for sale at one point on the weekend.  Luckily I sell those, because they were selling for as much as the +7.5% recharge ones for a while there.  ^_^

Frankly, there is no real reason that anything in the LotG complex should be trading for significantly less than 2mm short of the highest selling component.  That goes for any set.

Edit:  I just broke one of my cardinal rules:  NEVER FORGET THE VIG.  Replace “2mm” with “2mm plus fees”.

Who run Bartertown?