Base Request Items

pheeonix

Wall cracks and smaller rubble piles.

Currently I am workin on a base  and the theme is a recaptured base that is in ruin. Tryin to work with massively large rubble piles  so it don't take up more of the base then the base itself is tricky. The small trash piles within Slums & Waste works but at times they are too small. I could use small letters but that would devour tons of time to place them through out the base.

TBH, I know this will never come to be and really I'm just talkin to myself but it's something I'd like to see added in.

@Etched

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later

I'd love to see all the "pets" that Masterminds and Controllers/Doms have a base item version, so that you can do things like make kennels for the wolves, or graveyards for the undead, and then you can place all the appropriate pets in those environments. Oh, or barracks for troops

• 2 weeks later
  • 2 weeks later

Not sure if this is at all possible given the spaghetti code, but...

An invisible flat panel that makes anything on the other side of it also invisible.

We've all seen odd behavior on some transparent items than causes certain textures on the other side to vanish.

What if this could be exploited so you could hide parts of the base without having to have a visible wall to do so.

That WOULD be possible, not likely atm, given that we do not have a base developer right now. But let me explain that effect.

Some items in the editor strip fx. Some items in the editor REGISTER as fx, even if they are not, strictly speaking, what you or I would consider an effect. Glass items, for instance, usually disappear. Most of Mot wings disappear. Most of the picnic table disappears...and so forth. So,  any item that is made or covered by fx will disappear. Items that are behind something that disappears, will be "revealed".

Items that strip effects include any calm water, bath water, the slow field, and some fx will disappear from the medium glass window in dividers, and some, but far fewer, from behind the large glass window in dividers (it used to make all of them disappear, but that was worked on by the dev because it affected costume parts in missions and there were complaints).

As to making part of your base invisible to others, some things you can do: bury the entrance with things that have no collision. Sadly, there are not many items that can be used here, and all of the ones that would actually hide anything are plants. So, plants with no collision include: Hanging Vines, Large Bush 1 and 2, Agapanthus (all), and tintable reeds. So, covering an entry to a place with some of those is an option. Or making very hard to find entrances that you can just get through, much like the devs did in the Faultline easter egg.  A tremendous example of doing this in a base would be Frankie's Bar and Grill on Everlasting (must DM owner for tour, tho; see directory). Another option would be creating an invisible teleporter that only can be found if you know where it is. See my video on hiding services for more on this.