Base Request Items

pheeonix

I would like to see more Natural stuff like the sand, and various plants etc. Among that list AE style NPCs for your base to make it like your other characters being like inactive or hanging out sorta like a Watchdogs Legion feel where your team mates that you arent playing are hanging in the base. Another idea I wanted to do was also Add in indestructible Practice dummies to measure your skills on. Now my last two ideas I wanted to see also is a Merit Vendor ( ARCANE THEMED or NPC ) and a WENTWORTH/BLACK MARKET NPC for you to check and sell those recipes from home base.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

On 5/17/2022 at 1:45 AM, ShardWarrior said:

These are not technically feasible.  There are many posts on the forums here as to why. 

Not even close to true. Simple is just make the same NPC's for those locations placeable. Attach the market to the interaction of the character. BAM done. If given time and effort the possibility of the programming for it wouldnt be hard.

• Thumbs Down 2

7 hours ago, ObliviousIllusion said:

Not even close to true. Simple is just make the same NPC's for those locations placeable. Attach the market to the interaction of the character. BAM done. If given time and effort the possibility of the programming for it wouldnt be hard.

It's not as simple as programming an existing asset to access the auction house when clicked, or using the existing ones. Bases are much like missions. It would require a HUGE amount of work on the back end (and perhaps bugged missions and lost bases) to be able to accomplish. CoH programming is quite a mess. As much as I want the AH to be accessible from anywhere, "not technically feasible" is perfectly apt.

19 hours ago, ObliviousIllusion said:

Sorry, but you are totally wrong.  There is quite a lot more to it than just adding the AH NPC to the base editor.  There are substantial technical limitations to how the AH works with regard to instanced maps, such as bases or missions and why the AH is not accessible within them.  Please do your due diligence and research this topic as it has been discussed many times.  There are posts from the HC staff as to why this is technically not feasible. 

Edited by ShardWarrior

20 hours ago, ObliviousIllusion said:

It is true, and has been thoroughly addressed by the Devs as to why it is true.  Ah, nevermind, I see Shardwarrior has covered the essentials...

• 3 weeks later

Can we get some more ruined vehicles for variety?

The ones in the Destroyed Galaxy City tutorial look more rusted out and beat up than the ones currently in the base editor...

and maybe the ruined tank in RWZ?

image.thumb.png.9dbb716d3ad8a9a39c69e32f0b7dbf5d.png 

image.thumb.png.b721956cd12eef75677ec752c667cc0b.png

• Like 1

• 1 month later

More valuables! I have a vault in my base and while the money is good, what kind of evil lair's base is complete without various forms and stack sizes of GOLD and other precious metals? Possibly more jewel stuff, as well. I figure this should be relatively easy to implement.

• Like 1

• 1 month later
  • 2 weeks later

I would like a flat slab about the size of a bathroom stall door that didn’t reflect or refract light. So that I could use it to hide things such as secret passages. tintable would be best , but I’d just make it black. 

To create visual illusions I’d need pieces that when placed in front or behind each other would  lend into each other seamlessly to appear as one. 

Alternately, pieces such as walls or bookcases, etc, can appear solid but can be walked through. 

• Like 1

it would be great for visibility if you all would make comments on the thread in general. That's the one the devs tend to see more.

Take the polls! (there are two, linked on the bottom of first post)

-Dacy

3 hours ago, BlackSpectre said:

Alternately, pieces such as walls or bookcases, etc, can appear solid but can be walked through. 

would LOVE this 😄

For a black flat piece, can use banners, tho they are way bigger than a bathroom stall.

-Dacy

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Dacy said:

it would be great for visibility if you all would make comments on the thread in general. That's the one the devs tend to see more.

Take the polls! (there are two, linked on the bottom of first post)

-Dacy

Man, these forums are the WORST sometimes...

Dacy: "Here's a forum thread about bases!"

Forum: "I'll make the preview picture a butt, lololol"

• Haha 2

On 9/23/2022 at 9:47 AM, EmperorSteele said:

Man, these forums are the WORST sometimes...

Dacy: "Here's a forum thread about bases!"

Forum: "I'll make the preview picture a butt, lololol"

I suppose the sole of a foot would have worked too.

• 1 month later

I would like to see musical instruments.

Acoustic Guitar horizontal (for laying on the floor or a table)

Acoustic Guitar leaning (for in the corner or again a bed)

Acoustic Guitar in a stand.

Also, make them tintable.

Electric Guitars (same as above).

But add a standing rack of multiple guitars.

Drums

Individual drums 

Complete kits.

Bongos

Keyboards

Stage monitors

(I'd also like to see minions fixed in bases, my don't seem to "see" me and wont get up on the stage I built for them (and its not even on fire).

• 3 weeks later
On 11/1/2022 at 9:01 AM, Colonel Mustard said:

I would like to see musical instruments.

Acoustic Guitar horizontal (for laying on the floor or a table)

Acoustic Guitar leaning (for in the corner or again a bed)

Acoustic Guitar in a stand.

Also, make them tintable.

Electric Guitars (same as above).

But add a standing rack of multiple guitars.

Drums

Individual drums 

Complete kits.

Bongos

Keyboards

Stage monitors

(I'd also like to see minions fixed in bases, my don't seem to "see" me and wont get up on the stage I built for them (and its not even on fire).

Came here to say all of this.  I'm trying to build a replica of the Rammstein concert stage for a friend and my gods, this is a mess.  I can mock up a drum set but there's nothing else I can really mock up as far as instruments go; it's just too tedious to make such small (comparatively) items.  

Something else that would help is to have the spotlights actually work like spotlights.  The just don't put off enough light to live up to the name.  I've got the large hanging shoji lamps sunk into the floor everywhere to light up a stage already "lit" by spotlights.  The Large Light Panels need the same treatment.  Candles are brighter than those things!  LOL  

• 1 month later

C an we get all the various turrets and fixed weapon mounts we see in various missions and out in the world? The only one I can find in the base builder are the Rikti ones.

My base needs defenses. 🙂

** Asus TUF x670E Gaming, Ryzen 7950x, AIO Corsair H150i Elite, TridentZ 192GB DDR5 6400, Sapphire 7900XTX, 48" 4K Samsung 3d & 56" 4k UHD, NVME Sabrent Rocket 2TB, MP600 Pro 8tb, MP700 2 TB. HDD Seagate 12TB **

** Corsair Voyager a1600 **

• 3 weeks later

Would love to not only have the instruments mentioned (Pianos, Drum Kits, Guitars, Violins, Cellos,,, etc) but also some new emotes that let you summon and seem to 'play' said instrument. No accompanying sound, just visual. 
Also adding some additional Teleport points beyond the existing 10 we have now, would be fantastic. 

Add my vote to the 'Snow landscape, iced over lakes and ponds' etc stuff too.