Base Request Items

pheeonix

Searched this thread and either didn't find the following, or didn't search well enough.

The Vanguard Stairs that are in the RWZ Vanguard Base. The ones with the hand rails on them. Or maybe even just the hand rails by themselves. I'd be happy with either one.

Currently the Vanguard stairs in the editor do not have hand rails. In fact, to my knowledge at the moment, there are no metal/tech hand rails at all. They have to be pieced together creatively from other items.

• 4 weeks later

I would like to see more Natural stuff like the sand, and various plants etc. Among that list AE style NPCs for your base to make it like your other characters being like inactive or hanging out sorta like a Watchdogs Legion feel where your team mates that you arent playing are hanging in the base. Another idea I wanted to do was also Add in indestructible Practice dummies to measure your skills on. Now my last two ideas I wanted to see also is a Merit Vendor ( ARCANE THEMED or NPC ) and a WENTWORTH/BLACK MARKET NPC for you to check and sell those recipes from home base.

• Thumbs Up 1

14 hours ago, ObliviousIllusion said:

a WENTWORTH/BLACK MARKET NPC for you to check and sell those recipes from home base.

These are not technically feasible.  There are many posts on the forums here as to why. 

• Thanks 1

On 5/17/2022 at 1:45 AM, ShardWarrior said:

These are not technically feasible.  There are many posts on the forums here as to why. 

Not even close to true. Simple is just make the same NPC's for those locations placeable. Attach the market to the interaction of the character. BAM done. If given time and effort the possibility of the programming for it wouldnt be hard.

• Thumbs Down 2

7 hours ago, ObliviousIllusion said:

Not even close to true. Simple is just make the same NPC's for those locations placeable. Attach the market to the interaction of the character. BAM done. If given time and effort the possibility of the programming for it wouldnt be hard.

It's not as simple as programming an existing asset to access the auction house when clicked, or using the existing ones. Bases are much like missions. It would require a HUGE amount of work on the back end (and perhaps bugged missions and lost bases) to be able to accomplish. CoH programming is quite a mess. As much as I want the AH to be accessible from anywhere, "not technically feasible" is perfectly apt.

Posted (edited)
19 hours ago, ObliviousIllusion said:

Sorry, but you are totally wrong.  There is quite a lot more to it than just adding the AH NPC to the base editor.  There are substantial technical limitations to how the AH works with regard to instanced maps, such as bases or missions and why the AH is not accessible within them.  Please do your due diligence and research this topic as it has been discussed many times.  There are posts from the HC staff as to why this is technically not feasible. 

Edited by ShardWarrior

20 hours ago, ObliviousIllusion said:

It is true, and has been thoroughly addressed by the Devs as to why it is true.  Ah, nevermind, I see Shardwarrior has covered the essentials...

On 5/19/2022 at 11:26 AM, ShardWarrior said:

There are substantial technical limitations to how the AH works with regard to instanced maps,

Now that is the info I needed to see. Instanced maps. So it works if it was a static map not an instanced one.

• 3 weeks later

Can we get some more ruined vehicles for variety?

The ones in the Destroyed Galaxy City tutorial look more rusted out and beat up than the ones currently in the base editor...

and maybe the ruined tank in RWZ?

image.thumb.png.9dbb716d3ad8a9a39c69e32f0b7dbf5d.png 

image.thumb.png.b721956cd12eef75677ec752c667cc0b.png

• 3 weeks later
On 10/10/2019 at 12:17 PM, Dacy said:

I know someone who talked to Leandro about this. He said it's impossible right now, coding being the way it is. For this as for so many other things, the editor would need to be completely rewritten, which I don't believe anyone is  undertaking. I want this SO much, too...

I've also heard that they are trying to get it so you place 1 NPC and then assign it's position, instead of selecting from a huge and yet incomplete menu of them.

@Temyra, there is already snow. Check the tab "Ambient Fx". Some of the snow is a huge area, but some is localized. However, there is no snow ground cover, just like there is no sand.  I've used...and yes, this is typical over the top me...the backs of the shower floors as snow cover.  I think it's snow 3 that makes little piles of snow that appear and then fade on the ground, over and over.

screenshot_190303-23-47-52.thumb.jpg.a97b19853676d3f2aacb2883bb467102.jpg

And, inactive arcane power crystals make passable ice, but they sway. The active ones glow and spin.

screenshot_170617-14-06-08.thumb.jpg.567754f7889dc956fb15e762378dfe02.jpgscreenshot_170617-14-06-45.thumb.jpg.1e395dce8a2bbeacafc91e721d5ffa22.jpg

Well, you can sink lights to light an area, but I'd LOVE this. Also giving items inherent light, so that when you're placing things with indoor lighting outside the base, you don't have to worry about lighting it. If they can't give us different areas designated indoor and outdoor, how about this??

I've long wanted string lights, or neon line lights in different colors, too.

But, I'd be SO DANG HAPPY if they'd just give me some more basic building blocks. We have street signs, but no stop light nor streets nor street markings. We have no good indoor doors, and no usable door frames. I'd love to be able to insert a window in a wall without having to account for the different sized walls, if I want a window to see out of, and I'm tired of not having any pieces to cover over doors and windows. I know they are working on being able to give color and textures to different blank items so you can make about anything, but, in the meantime, couldn't we have just a few more basics? Please? Roads: Straight, curved, intersection. Stoplights. A beach. A section of wall with a window you can see through, all trimmed out (different sizes would be awesome). Much. Smaller. Wall. Segments. Half size with no trim would make me giddy with glee. DOORS, separate from their door jam, pls, and door jams. So many nice doors in Atlas Park, even RWZ...I want doors that are good for your average house/apt. Something nice, wooden, six paneled, etc. Oh, a thin wooden surface would be really nice. In different sizes, I could make larger tables, doors, etc. Metal railings for stairs, like you see in Brickstown, or heck, on the tram stations. More floors, there really aren't good options for tech or modern. More reflective/shiny things would be awesome, like mirrors, stone with a sheen, metal, etc.

I just feel like it'd be nice if we had a solid basic assortment of items before we have everything else, from Hamidon Husks to dreidels to baby carriages. I am hoping that that texture/shape editor change is being worked on and is making good progress!!!

-Dacy

What I'm surprise there is lacking is the rest of the caution/stop factory style signs, I know there is more but I would love to have a few of the high voltage and watch your step/mind the gap ones. 

istockphoto-1251354111-1024x1024.jpg

depositphotos_79866632-stock-illustration-caution-and-warning-signs-in.jpg

• 4 weeks later

More valuables! I have a vault in my base and while the money is good, what kind of evil lair's base is complete without various forms and stack sizes of GOLD and other precious metals? Possibly more jewel stuff, as well. I figure this should be relatively easy to implement.

• 1 month later

Higher Storage count - in regards to the Enhancement tables and Storage Bins. Perhaps increase the amount they each hold, or the amount of allowed items placed? Also would LOVE a way to store recipes in the base !!

21__infinity_by_halo_enigma-d2wllcr13.jpg

• 2 weeks later

I would like a flat slab about the size of a bathroom stall door that didn’t reflect or refract light. So that I could use it to hide things such as secret passages. tintable would be best , but I’d just make it black. 

To create visual illusions I’d need pieces that when placed in front or behind each other would  lend into each other seamlessly to appear as one. 

Alternately, pieces such as walls or bookcases, etc, can appear solid but can be walked through. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, BlackSpectre said:

Alternately, pieces such as walls or bookcases, etc, can appear solid but can be walked through. 

would LOVE this 😄

For a black flat piece, can use banners, tho they are way bigger than a bathroom stall.

-Dacy

8 hours ago, Dacy said:

it would be great for visibility if you all would make comments on the thread in general. That's the one the devs tend to see more.

Take the polls! (there are two, linked on the bottom of first post)

-Dacy

Man, these forums are the WORST sometimes...

Dacy: "Here's a forum thread about bases!"

Forum: "I'll make the preview picture a butt, lololol"

• Haha 1