Base Request Items

pheeonix

More items that can be teleporter clickys:  doors, helicopters, boats, jets.  I know you can sort of hide a portal behind doors with only some of the magic swooshy visible, but sometimes I just want to take a door from one part of my base to the other, ya know?

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Play my AE Adventures, listed under @Jiro Ito, including award winners:

"The Headless Huntsman of Salamanca" #43870 **Scrapbot AE Contest Winner May 2022**           

"On the Claw-Tipped Wings of Betrayal" #43524 **November 2021 Dev's Choice**  

"The Defenders of Talos" #44578 **Mission Architect Competition Winner for October 2021: REBIRTH**  

14 hours ago, Jiro Ito said:

More items that can be teleporter clickys:  doors, helicopters, boats, jets.  I know you can sort of hide a portal behind doors with only some of the magic swooshy visible, but sometimes I just want to take a door from one part of my base to the other, ya know?

The bottoms of Stone Portals are invisible and the object doesn't make any noise. Just FYI, you can just have a plain clickable door currently. Enable hidden markers to see the large clickable area for placement purposes.

• Like 1

On 1/26/2023 at 10:18 AM, Vexxillion said:

The bottoms of Stone Portals are invisible and the object doesn't make any noise. Just FYI, you can just have a plain clickable door currently. Enable hidden markers to see the large clickable area for placement purposes.

Thanks for the tip, I was able to fumble about and make this work.  Still, it would be nice to just have doors and speedboats act as teleporters.

Play my AE Adventures, listed under @Jiro Ito, including award winners:

"The Headless Huntsman of Salamanca" #43870 **Scrapbot AE Contest Winner May 2022**           

"On the Claw-Tipped Wings of Betrayal" #43524 **November 2021 Dev's Choice**  

"The Defenders of Talos" #44578 **Mission Architect Competition Winner for October 2021: REBIRTH**  

• 2 months later

I'd kill for a generic lamp (or other easily-hidden object) that produces colored light based on the object's secondary color choice.

I'd also settle for a set of small, easily-concealed, identical objects that produce red / orange / yellow / green / cyan / blue / purple / magenta light in a radius about on par with the recessed flourescent lights so we can generate pockets of colored lighting out of bounds without needing to rely on the gigantic Items of Power and their hard-to-hide particle effects.

Edited by PoptartsNinja
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

• 3 weeks later

Dont' know if it's been mentioned before (and/or I'm just blind...) but -

The guard towers and guard shack (for instance, outside the blue entrance to Siren's Call or one of the portal buildings in PI.)

Heck, if they're not one piece, the top "guard post" of the towers might be useful on their own...)

screenshot_230517-22-35-26.jpg

• Thumbs Up 1

Primarily on Everlasting. Squid afficionado. Former creator of Copypastas. General smartalec.

I tried to combine Circle and DE, but all I got were garden variety evil mages.

• 1 month later
On 9/22/2019 at 9:35 AM, TraumaTrain said:

A target dummy would be great to have. You could use it to really see what an attack or other power action would look like. Useful when you're playing around with colors and such.

I think this would be a great addition.  Can make a practice range as the OP said, colors and power looks. Make this 1 first!

Not an item request, but it would be nice if the developers fixed the footstep sounds for existing base items to make them more consistent. Right now, only a few don't have the default "stone" footstep sound, and it's a bit jarring.

• 4 weeks later
  • 1 month later
  • 1 month later
  • 2 months later

One thing I would absolutely love is new base NPCs, specifically guards. I have an area in my base where (story wise) no one is supposed to enter. I'd love to have a couple of guards standing watch.

I have a list of things I'd love to see. I've seen a few mentioned before (some recently, some forever ago), but I haven't seen any development on them, so I thought I'd consolidate and list real fast.

1) I'd like the "borders" at the top and bottom of the room (that clip in and out when you overlap them with items), to have "stand alone" counterparts, so that if you want a border somewhere that has a collision, you can add it back in manually, to maintain cohesion

2) I'd really like to see coalition permissions added to storage items. I know things are crazy with adding to the storage item cap, but is there a reason why coalition members can't get permissions too, so that we can have a few bases in a coalition, that have exchangeable goods

3) Can we have an invisible "FX barrier" panel. Something that can stop effects from bleeding through to other rooms and areas. Currently,  if I have a waterfall and it lands on a roof, it goes straight through to the rooms underneath. I'd love for it to STOP on the roof when it hits, so it doesn't flood (and for other, real reasons) :P

4) If there is only one location attached to a portal, I'd like to just skip the list of possible points, and go straight to the location (it'll maintain the veneer when walking through doors, and creating specialized transports)

5) Can we add a "Display Name" function to the portal points, so "Point Aleph" can display as "Elevator to Surface" and "Point Deleth" could be "Sub-Basement 3"

6) Make the NPC grab boxes bigger and more functional to get ahold of in crowded rooms. It's currently friggin impossible to get NPCs targeted and moved, even in half full rooms

7) Training dummies like the actual one's in RWZ, that you can hit

Edited by Psyphon
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

23 hours ago, Psyphon said:

3) Can we have an invisible "FX barrier" panel. Something that can stop effects from bleeding through to other rooms and areas. Currently,  if I have a waterfall and it lands on a roof, it goes straight through to the rooms underneath. I'd love for it to STOP on the roof when it hits, so it doesn't flood (and for other, real reasons) :P

I had the same issue with fog. I wanted mist in my sauna but the fog FX would pass through the walls and fill the rooms and hallways beyond.

I don't know a great deal about graphics and animation and coding and whatnot so all this is merely speculation but I think the problem is that things like fog and waterfalls are just images. There is no mass or particles or other such "physics" involved. There is literally nothing to be blocked so, as such, they can't be blocked. To make them "blockable", the FX themselves would have to be changed and have "physics" added to them.

"Not all who wander are lost" - JRR Tolkien

There are 15 pages of suggestions that I am not going to read through on my phone, so I apologize if this has been suggested before:

Please increase the salvage storage shelf size by 1 or 2 decimal points please 🤣 (so either a total of 1,000 or 10,000)

Probably wouldn't hurt to increase the storage on enhancement storage tables too!

• 2 weeks later